The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Battle of Silverpine Forest
The Battle of Silverpine Forest

Spoiler:
Throughout the posts by me, I'll be hiding references to songs and stuff. +10 cool points, in the form of a "thanks," to anyone who can PM me the name of the song, as well as the band it comes from. Just a little derping to keep y'all on your toes.

They haven't noticed, right beneath their eyes, our forces growing. They fail to see the army massing on their doorsteps, ready to burn down their homes, destroy their people. We're about to charge right into the very heart of their land, and they're clueless. Just as it should be. A pity they won't see it coming, when we slit their throats in their sleep. I'd love to see the looks on their faces as we show them that the Light loves them equally as little as us.

-Commander in the Forsaken High Command.

[Image: SilverpineForest.jpg]

The cards have been dealt, the bets have been made. Let's see whom plays with the better hand, shall we?

THE EVENT

Alright. This is a PvE event, to be held over the next month, give or take, in the Silverpine region of Eastern Kingdoms. I say PvE, as I'm trying to avoid the drama that comes with players killing other players. It's inevitable with PvP, and I don't want that. Therefore, this shall be solely Players versus NPCs. This shall also involve both sides of the conflict; players are welcome to either bring in old characters, or make throw-aways for the Forsaken, and the Alliance. The storyline will kick off with Event 1, following the closing of school for myself: May 28. The events will take place at precisely 2 PM server. After this date, they will occur bi-weekly on Fridays and Saturdays, at the same time. Events will be limited to 10-15 man parties, and attacks will go in rounds of 2-3 people at once, depending upon the amount of players present.

THE PREMISE

For months now, the Forsaken has been planning an onslaught against the Breather denizens that it shares the Silverpine Forest with. For too long has the great Forsaken race shared this territory; they hatched the scheme to kill off all its Breather inhabitants. Genius, well-planned, infalible. One problem: the Alliance caught wind of the plot. Dalaran has prepared itself to defend its holdings in the region at any cost to all inhabitants, living or otherwise. The people of Pyrewood Village, aided by Southshore and Hillsbrad Fields, are building up their own arsenal, to defend against the coming onslaught. The tinder has been primed to ignite the conflict; all it requires now is a spark...

THE SIDES

HORDE

The Saints of Shadow have been called back to the Eastern Kingdoms as a sort of specialized task force, to perform covert assaults on the Breather groups.  Headed by Gorose Falaran, this radical group of Forsaken is out to end all life on Azeroth, and Silverpine Forest is their starting position for the rest of the planet.

ALLIANCE

The Violet Watch is a group of Dalarani mages and warriors inhabiting Ambermill, who are there to keep in check the expansionism of both the Horde and the rest of the Alliance in the area. Technically as a neutral entity, they are forced to join the Alliance side of the battle, to save their own lives. 

The Lordaeron Offensive is a coalition formed of some of the citizens of Pyrewood, as well as soldiers from Southshore and Hillsbrad Fields. Desperate times call for strange allies, and the most odd of alliances can be found within the Offensive. The Offensive struggles to curb Forsaken agression in the region, alongside the Violet Watch.

Event 1: The Tinderbox (Alliance)

The powderkeg has been filled to the brim, and is being juggled around carelessly. One slip, one spark, and the entire conflict goes. The Saints of Shadow, as well as the Lordaeron Offensive and the Violet Watch, are arming themselves and drilling for the coming conflict, readying themselves at the front lines.

Event 2: The Danger in Starting a Fire... (Horde)

Nobody knows who attacked first, just that someone did. The Forsaken used this to their advantage and, without waiting, jumped on the Alliance, pushing south and attempting to buckle their ranks and force an early collapse, and victory.

Spoiler:
Disclaimer: By joining this event, you hereby submit your character to the possibility of being killed, maimed, decapitated, driven insane, burned, turned into a sheep, turned into a sheep then being burned, dismemberment, amputation, being cleaved, hacked, cut, swiped at, stabbed, shanked, shivved, assaulted, battered, assaulted and battered, forced to take part in surgical clinical trials, attacked, forced into a heated debate, watching Mortal Kombat-style fight scenes, witnessing fatalities, performing fatalities, having fatalities performed on you, aggressively bitten, punched, kicked, kicked where it hurts most, pillaged, ransacked, robbed, mutilated, seeing things that cannot be unseen, being exposed to scarring imagery, having your treasure stolen, being ICly berated and scoffed at by either side, be it before or after death, and any other form of injury, lethal or non-lethal, mental or physical. You have been warned.
Spoiler:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0[/youtube]
I have two characters whom are willing to pledge their cause to the Alliance...let the carnage begin!
I'm sure you know where Desdemona's allegiance lies...

For the Banshee Queen!
10,000 days in the fire is long enough,
You're going home...
Esthrunil Wrote:I'm sure you know where Desdemona's allegiance lies...

For the Banshee Queen!

Naturally. :P

Also, I should clarify that the first two events will occur back-to-back on Saturday, May 28. Starting at 2:00 PM ST, naturally.
Spoiler:
muhaha8 Wrote:
Spoiler:
Disclaimer: By joining this event, you hereby submit your character to the possibility of being killed, maimed, decapitated, driven insane, burned, turned into a sheep, turned into a sheep then being burned, dismemberment, amputation, being cleaved, hacked, cut, swiped at, stabbed, shanked, shivved, assaulted, battered, assaulted and battered, forced to take part in surgical clinical trials, attacked, forced into a heated debate, watching Mortal Kombat-style fight scenes, witnessing fatalities, performing fatalities, having fatalities performed on you, aggressively bitten, punched, kicked, kicked where it hurts most, pillaged, ransacked, robbed, mutilated, seeing things that cannot be unseen, being exposed to scarring imagery, having your treasure stolen, being ICly berated and scoffed at by either side, be it before or after death, and any other form of injury, lethal or non-lethal, mental or physical. You have been warned.

If I get hit by one more stinkin' arrow I will sic Rigley on you LOL .
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Well hey, I had to trololo- while doing something in this post. It was inevitable. But, I'll be sure you get stabbed repeatedly, instead, Ural. <3
Spoiler:
Drumming up moar interest for this, with a bump.
Spoiler:
A'ight. Taking a chance and derping by opening up the Horde side to all Orcs and Trolls. Gorose has a nice little hate fest going on with Belves, which restricts their participation; Tauren would probably die before joining up. Orcs and Trolls it is, then. This also gives us a wider selection of people to participate.

Alliance is open to anybody with a reason to join up, as it was before.
Spoiler:
Ladies and gentlemen. Men and women. Boys and girls. Children of all ages!

Spoiler:
[Image: tumblr_lfng86T02f1qbl1tko1_400.jpg]

Now that I have your attention...

I'll start jotting down people who are definitely going to be attending Saturday's events. Just post names, or whatever. So long as I get them. I'd like to limit it to ten per side. First event is Alliance, and begins promptly at 2p.m., and ends whenever it does. Horde begins one hour after the close of the Alliance event.
Spoiler:
You'll have to let me know the dates for these Saturday events (you just have a range in your intro post, not which date you've chosen) but I will hopefully be attending with good old Sozun for the Horde event.
[Image: c9eda896-b205-41b9-9f52-22b1e122210f.jpg]
Whoops. I didn't update that? Thought I did... Fixing that now.
Spoiler:
I was wondering what the guild message was about.

Sounds cool.
Alright, threw up some edits to change the color of the text itself, as it was unreadable. Also, a reminder that events begin at 2PM ST tomorrow. Starting with Alliance; Horde will begin one hour after whenever Alliance finishes.
Spoiler:

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battle for Tol Barad Thoradin 148 30,277 04-27-2014, 01:30 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 2 (01-05-2014) Franksta96 1 917 01-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Dug
  Rain on the Mountains: The Battle for the Cauldron - Part 1 (12-29-2013) Franksta96 0 805 12-29-2013, 08:57 AM
Last Post: Franksta96
  Let's spice things up! A battle for Ashenvale! Kage 15 3,314 05-24-2012, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Aadora
  The Last Stand of the Silverpine Brigade Zenethen 20 2,593 03-29-2012, 06:08 PM
Last Post: Zenethen