The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Multiple accounts and multiboxing questions
I don't know if the issue has been addressed in the forums; if it has, I must have missed it while browsing the older threads.

I know there are players who have multiple accounts and multibox before, even in this server; I've been in conversations regarding gameplay through multiboxing. However, I've only known two players who actually multibox RP, and they're both GMs. Grunts and other players, I haven't seen, or at least I didn't know they were multiboxing. The only time I've seen the issue of multiple accounts being addressed is through in-game automatic messages popping up in which multiple accounts can be requested through tickets.

I am unsure if you have to be a grunt in order to apply for multiple accounts and multibox RP. I am also unsure if there are rules and regulations in regards to multiboxing. I may have missed it someplace, as I have tried to read up on it. Either way, I'd like to know the full limitations of multiple accounts and multiboxing in this server, if any is applied.

If you must know what are my intentions with multibox RPing, I don't ever, ever, intend to RP in two different locations at once or have characters RP in two entirely different situations in the same area. My main intention is simply to have my own characters interact, as many of my own characters were actually intended to be each other's foils (thus why my main has a twin sister). However, if multibox RPing is limited only to those with priveleges or whatnot, I'd like to know what limitations multiboxing has on this server.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Once you are a grunt you are allowed to ask for a second account. To do this simply open a ticket whilst in the game and it will be tended to by Kretol at some point.

There's not really any rules but if you try to use it to your advantage in order wander around with two people so you cannot be attacked easily there will be hellfire.

Hellfire I say!
So I cannot be attacked easily what? XD I would actually anticipate a brawl with my own characters ;)

Actually, my hopes to have more than one character at a time is mostly so I can have a better shot at RPing more effectively. I tend to RP better (in chats or forums usually) when I have more than one character at once, usually in some sort of comedy routine where they bicker. Other players then are attracted to the situation either to break up the fight, get involved themselves, or even gawk. That's always fun.

Also, like I said, it's mostly for the use of having foils. Sometimes I feel like my characters are not developing like I intended them to, mainly because they're in situations where they are forced to act a certain way very often, even if consistently IC. For example, my main is primarily a derpy coward with some good traits (friendly and peaceful), but more often than not he's tossed in situations where he becomes a voice of reason due to those good traits, making him seem more sage and brave when he really shouldn't be showing his braver/wiser side that often. By having his mean-spirited sister around, he would stay in the cowardly/derpy role more often without me having to resort to provoking others to put my main in his character place.

To prevent confusion in multiboxing, I intend to have those characters be in one spot only, usually with one on /follow with the other should they travel. I'll only break up the characters if the RP goes to a direction that demands they be RPed individually, like one is being challeneged to a fight while the other runs and hides while protecting others.
I will say though.
Multi-boxing can be a large pain in the ass.
After a certain point, it gets irritating to keep up with the events concerning both played characters at once.
That and the chance of accidently saying the wrong thing on the wrong character can lead to some hilarious situations.
(06-03-2011, 09:29 AM)Binkleheimer Wrote: I will say though.
Multi-boxing can be a large pain in the ass.
After a certain point, it gets irritating to keep up with the events concerning both played characters at once.
That and the chance of accidently saying the wrong thing on the wrong character can lead to some hilarious situations.

Second.

Especially when you RP two different characters in two different places.
You could end up saying something that one character was meant to say in the other one and it'll seem downright stupid.
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
So I see. Well, it'll be worth an experiment :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate