The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Battlefield: Khaz Modan
[Image: games_worldOfWarcraft-dwarfCrest2.gif] Battlefield: Khaz Modan [Image: games_worldOfWarcraft-dwarfCrest2.gif]

[Image: 20100407-warhammer-powerfist-ban-3.jpg]

Soldiers of the Alliance, the Firebrand Brigade wants you!

The Firebrand Brigade

The Firebrand Brigade is a former high-profile paramilitary division of multi-purpose units working closely alongside the Ironforge military. While initially a large and successful branch it has suffered in the recent years from battles between the Horde and Alliance, and after the excursion to Northrend the brigade has been largely reduced to a few scarce units.

As such, recently they have begun new efforts to recruit new bodies into the fold. Commander Kuraine Firebrand has opened the floodgates for any aspiring military personnel, offering full pay for participation in Firebrand sanctioned excursions. Lieutenant Gedrin Swiftwind has also begun instructing on the basics of flight, looking to pull up new recruits to the skies on his patrols as well. Recent activity from the Dark Iron armies has roused suspicion amongst the Firebrands, and so applicants are instructed to sign in with all due speed!

Information

Who: Any member of the Alliance is encouraged to participate in the battle. Both military regulars and mercenary personnel are allowed to fight alongside the Firebrand Brigade in the ongoing war against the Dark Irons; In-Character payment runs two gold pieces per mission completed, though payment may be elevated depending upon the severity of the mission.

Those specializing in aerial and vehicular combat (or engineers in general) are also encouraged to participate in battle, and will be given an extra fifty silver for their presence on the field during missions involving vehicular combat.

What: Characters participating will take up arms alongside the Firebrand Brigade of Ironforge, a multi-purpose squadron of soldiers who are aiding in patrols along the borders of the dwarven lands, seeking out Dark Iron insurgencies and disrupting attack formations.

When: At current a date is not slated for the events. There will be no end date specified ahead of time in order to keep the event flexible, but characters will be able to come in and out of the chain at will and thus should not be inconvenienced by event changes or length.

Once all of the NPCs for the event have been added to the database and the field has been set I will announce the first event.

Rules of Combat

-NORMAL-

More often than not action will take place on the ground, outside of machinery. Any individual player unit will have ten HP, with pets having four. There are no initial additions or subtractions from rolls unless otherwise specified for a situation.

-SIEGE-

Siege machinery will be employed at times when dealing with enemy encampments or when otherwise necessary to push the field of combat further. Siege machines used by the brigade constitute siege tanks usually, but other possibilities may arise as the battle progresses.

Siege machinery is practically invincible on the battle field. They typically have no counted HP due to their heavy armor, though they can be defeated if enemies are allowed to sabotage the machinery in some form or another. If siege machinery is dealt immense loads of damage or is being damaged by another siege machine it may be destroyed.

Siege machinery is also weak to aerial units. In the event any of the above is inflicted upon a siege machine its HP will begin counting from three, and will tick down whenever appropriate. Siege machinery may be repaired when damaged by an engineer.

Siege machinery gains a +10 to hit when attacking other units, and a -10 to evade due to its heavy armor. Characters inside the siege machine are protected completely from damage and upon leaving the machine will be counted as a fully healed ground unit.

-AERIAL-

Control of the skies is a vital part of turning the tide on the battlefield. Ground troops are commonly helpless against high speed fighters, and bombers are some of the greatest machines at the disposal of armies when it comes to weakening an enemy stronghold.

As such, the Firebrand Brigade has its own arsenal of flying machines and other airborne units at their disposal. At certain times during the battle it may be necessary for player characters to take the controls and ride the skies to victory.

During the course of aerial combat missions players will typically take control of airbound machinery- more often than not this will be in the form of flying machines, due to the comparative ease of use than other available machines. Flying machines (and indeed, aerial machinery in general) tend to be weakly armored in order to sustain flight, and thus have low tolerance for inflicted damage.

Flying Machines have 4 HP

Stratofighters have 7 HP

Bombers have 10 HP

Due to the low health values of these units an AWACS (Airborne Warning and Control System) will usually accompany the party. The AWACS is a unit which uses the combination of magic and machinery to detect enemy attacks and forewarn the party under their supervision; thus, the presence of an AWACS will give a party member an extra 20 plus to rolls when it comes to avoiding enemy attacks.

Bombs dropped by an aerial unit will always strike at least one designated target- rolls will define how many other targets are hit and the severity.

Chat

Multiple events may take place in which the players are separated from one another by a fair distance, usually due to placement while in the air. Due to the range of /emote and /say chat, a different system will have to be used during these circumstances:

Raid chat: Doubles for in-character radio communication and emotes. Emotes will be bookended by ** and radio chatter without.
General chat: OOC chatter.
Raid warning: General NPC and even responses.

Zero Health

If a player reaches zero HP on the battlefield they will be given the opportunity to either flee or become otherwise incapacitated from combat.

Attempt to rejoin combat will constitute a character warning; if the character is struck again they will die. You will always be given the ability to fall incapacitated or flee.

This is echoed when dealing with aerial combat- characters may jettison from their craft if sufficiently damaged, but further damage will result in a critical failure of the machine. You will always be given the chance to eject.

When dealing with siege machinery the tank will shut down at zero HP, and will explode if below. Characters will be critically injured if nearby, and those still inside will be killed. You will always be given the ability to flee a machine once it reaches zero HP, but you may still be subjected to the blast for non-lethal damage.

Spoiler:
As usual I make a subpar post, but ah well. I will make a Storylines post once everything is prepared and I have a starting date set!
So is this going to be one big event battle, or just a Guild-army like the Stormwind Guards who patrol the Khaz Modan area with random events taking place?
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
It'll be an event chain spanning what will probably be at least half a month or so. Characters will be able to come and go, of course, so those signing up will only have to report in for missions.

So nar, rather planned.
Dwarves. War. Combat. Bombs. Tanks. SIGN. ME. UP.
It's time for Frimilbim to blow the dust off his armor... I'm in! :)
Sounds spectacular! Parth might flee his training for a short while to join up, hehe.
Are we looking at regular timed events or rotating start times so folks of all timezones can get a shot too?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Unfortunately I'm not completely certain yet, as I know I'll be heading back to class somewhere in here. I'm gonna do my best to try and alternate times some for convenience of others, but inevitably there will be some I won't catch.

I will be doing my best to post the dates for events in advance, as before.
Wow, this does indeed look great! Even though I am generally against rolls. If I had/have time I'll totally join.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
UPDATE!

NPCs are in, test event has been run. We'll be starting this chain come Friday, August 12 at 3:00 Server Time.

Mission 1: First Flight [A]
Training Mission

Participants are oriented to flying machines and are brought on a patrol of the Dun Morogh border.

I'll get to posting a storylines thread soon enough.
Can we still get in? If so, Faldun the Cartographer, who also happens to carry too much stuff in his backpack, would like to participate!
[Image: djuraz.jpg]
Events hold up to two raid groups of people (capped at that for events with vehicles, possibly a few more in normal events). It is first come first serve, and recruiting begins thirty minutes before the event usually.

So yes!

Starting up tomorrow; I'm forgoing the extra thread, just since its kinda redundant.
A quick bump so that everyone will know;

Event begins today, starts at 2:30 server time. Alliance only, Human/Dwarf/Gnome preferred. Those arriving will be responding to a war recruitment poster, specifically for those interested in service in the air for today's mission.

That'd be all. Hope we have a good crowd!
BUMP.

Come the restart I intend to run this event; as everything is prepared I will likely begin once my standard building tasks are completed.

I'll announce the date once that is all done; I really hate to leave this unfinished when I've gotten all this stuff prepared though, so this will happen.
Restart is just around the corner, so let's not waste any time!

The first chapter of this event will likely be a month or so apart from the others, due to inconvenient interference between the server restart and a scheduled vacation of mine.

BUT! That won't stop us from getting the ball rolling! ICly this can work for us, in way.

Right now I'm pondering this Saturday (10th) for the first event, First Flight. Is this acceptable for those interested, or should this be moved up to next week for the convenience of attendance?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battlefield: Plagueland Krilari 13 4,137 11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  Rain on the Mountains: The Plains of Loch Modan (02-16-2014) Franksta96 2 1,025 02-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  Poisoning the Moon (Battlefield: Kalimdor) Aphetoros 17 3,015 08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Blood on the Gold Road (Battlefield: Kalimdor) Aphetoros 35 5,489 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Battlefield Khaz Modan: Searchlights (09-17-2011 - 04:00 PM GMT--8) Rigley 0 616 09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Rigley