The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poisoning the Moon (Battlefield: Kalimdor)
**Alliance Sign-ups Closed. Horde Sign-ups are still open, however!**

Is it... so precious, to them?

[Image: 25009-6.jpg]

We must...halt their defenses.
Hit them in the heart.

[Image: Corrupted_Moonwell.jpg]

The Grand Alliance Motives

• You know something is planned against your forests. Against... your land. Keep vigilant, and you may see subterfuge. When the time comes, Su'yana will call for your aid.

The New Horde Motives
  • The Warlock Gul'dhar believes he can cripple the elven defenses. He has given you a relic, a runed stone glowing with magic. He has asked you to make your way to Raynewood Retreat and place it in the Moonwell. From there, you will proceed to Astranaar and place a similar stone in the lake.

OOC Information
The event will be held Sunday, August 19th at 1:00pm server time. (3pm CST)

The Horde start this event, with the Alliance coming into play later. They Horde's progression into Raynewood is a battle against NPCs. If this fight is failed, they will retreat and make the decision to push towards Astranaar and the lake. Word of the attack will reach Astranaar quickly, however, and so the Horde must move quickly. The objective of the first battle is not to destroy the elven outpost. Drop the relic in the moonwell, and flee.

The Alliance will be present in Astranaar starting the event for pre-event roleplay. When the time comes, you will be called to battle in defense of Astranaar. The Horde objective is to taint the lake, and yours is to stop them at all costs.

|+|+|

Combat will be simple, with a twist. It is a roll 100 system, each player possessing 7-10 hit-points (depending on the number of players.) and an 'Encounter Power.' Once during this battle, each character is given a special ability they may use only once. Rolling fifty above a defense roll (as attacker) is a critical hit, for two damage instead of one. Rolling fifty above an attack roll (as defender) results in a counter. A counter is an attack of opportunity on the attacker. This gives the defender an opportunity to attack their attacker as if a regular attack, without the ability to critical hit (or be countered.) If the attacker rolls 90 above a defense roll, it is a wounding blow and deals 3 damage.

E.g.

Attacker attacks defender and rolls 100. Defender rolls a 1. This is over 90+ the defense, and as such he deals 3 damage.

Defender rolls 100, attacker rolls 50. Defender is able to counter, making an attack as if it were his turn, but is unable to crit or counter. This does not use up his turn.

Attacker rolls 100, and defender rolls 50. Attacker criticals, dealing 2 damage.

This combat system also has status effects. If an encounter power says it afflicts with a status ailment, then you may ask what it means!

===
===

There will be slots for five players on each side- Horde, and Alliance. You may post here with a character name and their class/skill-set to reserve a spot. If overwhelming interest is displayed, a few more than five people may be accomodated. (Knowing how they fight allows for an adequate encounter power.)

Horde (Lead by The Group. Gul'dhar has stayed behind.):
  • Irsha, Warrior
  • Gortan Darkblade, Berserker
  • Grokmagrok Limbsplitter, Berserker
  • Aclippe, Shaman

Alliance (Lead by Huntress Su'yana Ashenarrow):
  • Kyiera Moongazer, Warden
  • Withheld
  • Denardiin Moonpaw, Druid
  • Nuadon Ironraven, Warrior
  • Safksha Shadowedge, Savagekin

Spoiler:
Character Name:
Character Class:
Fighting Style:
Faction:
Race:
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Aw.. it's on the same day and time as the Red Rose event D: I know it sounds selfish, but anyway you can do it an hour after the stated time? If not I'll post pone my event :P Either way will probably work for me, but I'd like to join if you can move it up an hour :P
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Spoiler:
Quote:Character Name: Gok'tar Wolfson
Character Class: Raider and Wolfmaster (Hunter)
Fighting Style: Three possibilities:
  • Riding on Blackfang, his own warg
  • melee fighting
  • ordering his many worgs to attack multiple targets.
Faction: For The Horde and the Deadeye Watchers!
Race: Orc

I'm out, coming with another character!:

Character Name: Denardiin Moonpaw
Character Class: Druid of the Claw
Fighting Style: Bear form (most likely), but can heal, as well as deal arcane damage --though his bear form is the most powerful one.
Faction: Darnassus, The Alliance
Race: Night Elf

(just realised I don't have a dirty-fighting Hordie.. that needs to be fixed!)
Character Name: Kyiera Moongazer
Character Class: Warden.
Fighting Style: Taking out single targets is preferred, wherever they are. Wardens do it better than anyone else!
Faction: Alliance
Race: Night Elf
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
Ignore my last post, I'm just going to move my event :P
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
It's looking like we're going to be lacking in Horde, unless we get some sign-ups for 'em.
Spoiler:
Quote:I could make -that- kinda orc for the event, but.. he's planned to be a blademaster, so it'll take time for him to be approved! But 'haps we could get around that? (not sure if BMs are Special or not)

Actually, I'm gonna make a grunt! Right after the Deadeye Watchers event is over.

Feel free to delete Dernardiin from the list.
Post updated.
I'd like to say that I could go 100%, but I have a relative in the hospital with cancer, and if there's anything pressing / spur of the moment with my grandpa's condition, I'll have to make a dash. Chances are that that mooosssttt likely won't happen though, so here's mah character:

Spoiler:
Character Name: Gortan Darkblade
Character Class: Warrior
Fighting Style: Berserker-esque. Uses a two-handed axe.
Faction: Horde (Legionnaire)
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
So, I mis-read the time for this event. I should be ok to attend.

Spoiler:
Character Name: Nuadon Ironraven

Character Class: Almost-Warden. Warrior.

Fighting Style:Only supernatural thing she can do with the powers of Justice is split daggers. Other than that, she has millenia of experience being a shield-toting tank. Likes to beat foes with her umbra crescent, rather than slice.

Faction: Ash Wardens, Darnassus, Alliance

Race:Night Elf
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Character Name: Grokmagrok Limbsplitter
Character Class: Warrior
Fighting Style: Berserker
Faction: Horde
Characters:
Drogan Granitejaw - Veteran Mountaineer
Grokmagrok Limbsplitter - Warsong Berserker
Matthias Renault - Twice Dead Ice Knight
Reuben Renault - The Child Paladin

One more Alliance player may sign-up. We've got two more Horde slots, so those would be nice to fill!
Character Name: Safksha Shadowedge
Character Class: Savagekin
Fighting Style: He typically leaps at a single enemy and wraps his forward paws around them, biting into their shoulders. But he can also make use of his claws.
Faction: Alliance
Race: Cat (Night Elf)
[Image: tumblr_mjjxhcqmG51qh076xo1_250.png]
Alliance Sign-ups Closed, Horde still open.
Character Name: Alcippe
Character Class: Shaman
Fighting Style: Duel daggers, uses own blood and chanting to appease the Loa. Favor is used to request tempests and rapid regeneration.
Faction: Horde
Race: Troll

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battlefield: Plagueland Krilari 13 4,137 11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  Under the Full Moon [Event Chain] Zenethen 5 1,086 03-29-2013, 11:33 PM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Blood on the Gold Road (Battlefield: Kalimdor) Aphetoros 35 5,489 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM
Last Post: Zenethen
  Battlefield: Khaz Modan Rigley 26 4,435 10-13-2011, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Battlefield Khaz Modan: Searchlights (09-17-2011 - 04:00 PM GMT--8) Rigley 0 616 09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Rigley