The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Blood on the Gold Road (Battlefield: Kalimdor)

I dreamt... of a forest aflame. I dreamt of a treeless waste where the blood of hundreds stained green fingers...

[Image: Ashenvale_Cata.png]
"Already the forest falls...?"

It must end.

The Grand Alliance Motives

• Huntress Su'yana Ashenarrow has called for the aid of able-bodied Alliance soldiers (or passing mercenaries) to defend against the tree-killing Orcs.
  • She has called those she can by duty, and offered pay to the rest who might join her.
  • Intelligence gathered states that a caravan filled with weaponry and logging equipment will be headed from the Mor'shan Base Camp to Splintertree Post, through the Nightsong Woods. It must be stopped before it reaches the Silverwing Outpost.

The New Horde Motives
  • Supplies are needed in Splintertree. By one way or another, you've been employed to guard the caravan as it makes its way through less-than-friendly territory.
  • No one expected the attack; the guards were merely insurance. Caught off-guard, despite warnings from your higher-ups, you must ensure the caravan is not stopped, or at least manages to reach friendly land before it's too late.
  • Honor is on the line; you've promised to guard it, and should you fail it would marr your reputation. Not only that, there's reward involved. Gold... silver... whatever it may be, your loyalty to the Horde (or your wallet) is a prime motivator for this job.

OOC Information
At 2:00 or 3:00 ST 4/22/12(depending on amount of interest at times, it could be earlier) the event will begin. The event will start already on the way to Splintertree, and the exact details of the event will be known to each. The Alliance will ambush the caravan, and then combat will begin. This event is TODAY!

Combat will be simple, with a twist. It is a roll 100 system, each player possessing 7-10 hit-points (depending on the number of players.) and an 'Encounter Power.' Once during this battle, each character is given a special ability they may use only once. Rolling fifty above a defense roll (as attacker) is a critical hit, for two damage instead of one. Rolling fifty above an attack roll (as defender) results in a counter. A counter is an attack of opportunity on the attacker. This gives the defender an opportunity to attack their attacker as if a regular attack, without the ability to critical hit (or be countered.) If the attacker rolls 90 above a defense roll, it is a wounding blow and deals 3 damage.

E.g.

Attacker attacks defender and rolls 100. Defender rolls a 1. This is over 90+ the defense, and as such he deals 3 damage.

Defender rolls 100, attacker rolls 50. Defender is able to counter, making an attack as if it were his turn, but is unable to crit or counter. This does not use up his turn.

Attacker rolls 100, and defender rolls 50. Attacker criticals, dealing 2 damage.

===
===

There will be slots for five players on each side- Horde, and Alliance. You may post here with a character name and their class/skill-set to reserve a spot. If overwhelming interest is displayed, a few more than five people may be accomodated. (Knowing how they fight allows for an adequate encounter power.)

Horde (Lead by First Sergeant Bagrun Wolftail):
  • Krest Fairstar, Warrior.
  • Crone, Warlock.
  • Kug, Warrior.
  • Yomuu, Blademaster.

Alliance (Lead by Huntress Su'yana Ashenarrow):
  • Lyria, Warden.
  • Nuadon, Warrior.
  • Aroes, Priest.
  • Held.
  • Myleria Moonbrick, Death Knight.
  • Blayne, Warrior.

Spoiler:
Character Name:
Character Class:
Fighting Style:
Faction:
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
So it begins, the war for Kalimdor.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Character Name: Lyria
Character Class: Warden (OOC warrior)
Fighting Style: Ambush based to start, competent in all fields including ranged but excels in melee.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
AM or PM servertime?
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
This day, PM.
[Image: lich_king_signature_by_wyrx-d3jo9rm.png]
Character Name: Krest Fairstar
Character Class: Warrior (OOC Paladin)
Fighting Style: Similar to the samurai, evades most attacks and slashes out quick. Can use a pistol, but has a hard time reloading.
Oh wait, wouldn't you want to put down horde or alliance? Krest be horde .o.
Character Name: Nuadon
Character Class: Warrior
Fighting Style: A tank. Shield first, she charges in.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Character Name: Aroes
Character Class: Priest
Fighting Style: Snide comments and melting faces.

(04-22-2012, 07:22 AM)KageAcuma Wrote: Character Name: Krest Fairstar
Character Class: Warrior (OOC Paladin)
Fighting Style: Similar to the samurai, evades most attacks and slashes out quick. Can use a pistol, but has a hard time reloading.
Oh wait, wouldn't you want to put down horde or alliance? Krest be horde .o.

Wonderful idea! Added!
Character Name: Crone
Character Class: Warlock
Fighting Style: Crone is good with her staff when she needs to be, but mainly she is a master with destruction magic.
Faction: The New Horde
I can't make up my mind wheter to come with an orc or a night elf!!!
TT_TT
And orc would be nice! We're almost full on Alliance!
But still! I've been playing Cata, I know both official questlines, and I love them both! Q_Q
Well, in the end it is up to you! Like I said, Horde would be ideal, but either is alright!
Sigh, very well. I will go with Horde, simply because they're not many! And, of course, because FOR THE HORDE!
Await a PM.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Battlefield: Plagueland Krilari 13 4,137 11-22-2014, 12:49 PM
Last Post: Krilari
  [Pre-Cata] Operation: Victory Road Mathias 10 2,199 04-22-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Thoradin
  Poisoning the Moon (Battlefield: Kalimdor) Aphetoros 17 3,015 08-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Battlefield: Khaz Modan Rigley 26 4,435 10-13-2011, 05:32 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Battlefield Khaz Modan: Searchlights (09-17-2011 - 04:00 PM GMT--8) Rigley 0 616 09-16-2011, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Rigley