The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What do you think about Forsaken?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Should have more, I'd make one.
75.00%
21 75.00%
Would like more, but don't know how to rp one.
25.00%
7 25.00%
Total 28 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Please, PLEEEEEEEASE, I'm begging you!
THREE WORDS.
NEED
MORE
FORSAKEN

Like seriously, half of the population of characters is humans. The other half, bloodelves. Also there is alot of Nightelves and draenei. Why?
This is what I think;
Draenei, Nightelves, Bloodelves, and humans are all pretty.
Draenei, Nightelves, Bloodelves, and humans are all emotional and can physically 'make love.'

Trolls, orcs, gnomes, and even dwarves are more played than Forsaken. If there is one race that isn't played as much as forsaken, that'd be tauren. But still I see more taurens around than undead. GRRR!!

I know some people may imagine that playing a forsaken is hard. It's only hard if you think it is.. People usually misunderstand undead, and think their just evil and have no emotions and are just a plank board.
But really, their not! Their who you want them to be. They can love mentally even if it's them just wanting to pretend to have the feeling again, they can be sad, or angry, or humorous.
They are soooo misunderstood. And I really do enjoy forsaken, I think their great! (Also I do have a crush on the male undeads, teehee.)
I would die, (pun) to have more forsaken on the server.. It would make me so happy if people would make more of them.
So, give me your thoughts, tell me if you like the idea. Tell me if you plan on making a forsaken. (Please do.)
[Image: btCv6mF.png]
Inspired by Aroes to make fancy parchment letters. :heart:
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Josephine Renae Briarthorn
I agree with Blood Elves, Draenei, Humans and Night Elves. And I agree that I have a lot of them, but I don't play them for the reason you listed (only one of my characters is in a serious relationship). However, I agree that people do too much. Romance RP has really become a large staple to the large amount of the server's RP, in my eyes. However, I do have a Forsaken, so it's all good.
I have 2 Forsaken. I used to play Bruhara more often but I need some inspiration to bring her back regularly. Ruthiva just joined the Ashrune so I see a bit more for her in the near future.
I'm kinda turned of forsaken, because people seem to see them as an excuse to make a joke character. I mean, every forsaken I've met in RP save for maybe two or three were just comic relief characters. I remember when I just started here and still went to booty Bay. You couldn't go 30 minutes without a random crazy forsaken crashing your RP with his personality belonging in a sitcom or something.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Obviously you haven't met my human, Jean. I mean, considering she looks like a muscled dude...I would not say I play her so I can have a 'pretty character'.

And honestly, the best way to get Forsaken RP is to, I don't know, try and make up a storyline. People play the other races because of on going storylines. If you were to try and come up with something, maybe people would join you?

[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
It's annoying as sin when I play Versich and see every other Forsaken male is a joke character. Just sayin'.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
But thats the problem Cress! People that make forsaken usually dont ever play them because they dont get the chance too. Many forsaken characters are -loners-. They dont come out in events with other people, they just mind to their own business. People need to make more sociable forsaken to go on events, meet other forsaken, and have fun. I mean.. If retail can do it, we should be able to aswell. =[

Also just an edit.. To get RP time on Lendri, my girl forsaken, I usually rp with her on my other forsaken. I duel-box, rping with myself. Thats so sad. =(
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
Sociable forsaken? There's a reason forsaken are lonely. either they're just too looney, IE the coth forsaken, or they simply don't care about other people, alive or dead.
Spoiler:
Sometimes in order to get RP you have to branch out though. I mean it.

Back in the day, I hated playing races that weren't gnomes, nelves or trolls. But it was so hard to get RP on those races, so I branched out and made other characters. If I wanted Rp on those characters, I did things to get it. Sometimes you have to do more than just say.

"Hay guiz, u wna rp?"

Sometimes, you have to take the initiative and say..

"I am starting a storyline up for forsaken. This is what is going is going on."

People are more inclined to join when it isn't just spur of the moment shiz. Atleast, that is how I have gotten RP.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
But forsaken characters don't like rping with other forsaken sometimes cause their loners. I mean I can try to make an event.. But it'll probably have no forsaken join it. And I dont know how to make an event that would attract the attention of them, either.
Lendri Autumn Sylvian
Alassae Starleaf
Lazarus Majire
The Forsaken may be misunderstood, but they don't make it easier for themselves. The majority of them ARE hateful and secluded. While some do cling to memories of old feelings when they were happy and alive, these memories more than likely make them even MORE hateful.

That said, though, I do wish to see more Forsaken, because I enjoy this dynamic of sympathy VS self-loathing. It carries over ICly to my human paladin, who doesn't know to hate the Forsaken for being mean jerkasses, or feel bad for them as victims of the Scourge.

Either way, I have a Forsaken character, but she's minor: Maeia. I haven't RPed her yet.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
Forsaken are like perfect machines - a lot of them, anyway. They are emotionless, cruel, calculating beings who seek revenge over what has happened to them and what they have become above all else. They are grotesque-looking shells of what they once were - beautiful, breathing people with homes and lives and purpose. And because of this a lot of them desire to carve out a new purpose in life (or undeath) for themselves.

...Why anyone wouldn't like playing them is lost to me. There's so much room for character development and intrigue and epicness that I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to play one.

That aside, there really could be more Forsaken RP on the server. I remember it from back in the day, and how fun it was, and I do miss it quite terribly. I'd probably hop on my lovely little pair of rotten ladies more often if there was some to be had. The most I can suggest is to suggest some now and then in the LFG channel in-game, or come up with an event or two (they don't have to be big'uns, either!) that people can participate in.

(P.S. there are no bigger, stereotypical 'comedy relief' characters than Gnomes. And this makes me a sad monster. ;3; But I digress.)
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
(07-25-2011, 03:21 PM)Kiffles Wrote: ...Why anyone wouldn't like playing them is lost to me. There's so much room for character development and intrigue and epicness that I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to play one.

The character development part doesn't make sense to me. Isn't character development all about the development of a character's personality? Like how Cloud goes from anti-social and angsty to. . .Well, at least kinda happy, in Final Fantasy Advent Children through events that transpires in the movie. What I fail to see is how any character that is supposed to lack any real personality could have any character development at all and that's one of the things that have always made me quite doubtful about rolling a forsaken character.
Spoiler:
I don't really see what the big deal is.

If people like Forsaken, they'll play forsaken.

Not to mention, as stated, they aren't the most... sociable of races as of late in the lore. Even the rest of the horde looks at them with disdain over all with the actions of characters like Sylvanas and her underlings.
(07-25-2011, 03:29 PM)Roxas65 Wrote:
(07-25-2011, 03:21 PM)Kiffles Wrote: ...Why anyone wouldn't like playing them is lost to me. There's so much room for character development and intrigue and epicness that I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to play one.

The character development part doesn't make sense to me. Isn't character development all about the development of a character's personality? Like how Cloud goes from anti-social and angsty to. . .Well, at least kinda happy, in Final Fantasy Advent Children through events that transpires in the movie. What I fail to see is how any character that is supposed to lack any real personality could have any character development at all and that's one of the things that have always made me quite doubtful about rolling a forsaken character.

Well, not all Forsaken are straight up emotionless. From running through the Silverpine Quests recently, it seems like they're not -emotionless-, but more they just extremely don't give a rat's... yea. They don't care what happened in their past life, but they just want to get on with life, more out. Or, you can just be like me, and make a character solely to hold events.