The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Worgen Death Knights. Dead and/or Living?
Okay, so yes, we do have living Death Knights. For some reasons that I didn´t fully understand, that is true. Anyways..
I know I am making this thread before it should be, but it´s been bugging me out and, sincerely, I want to try something out, so if you could explain everything, it would be more than perfect. So the question is:

Can worgen Death Knights be dead? If so, will they still have the ability to shapeshift between their two forms? Discuss.

Taken from WoWWiki:
Spoiler:
Worgen death knights are former slaves of Arugal. These former Gilnean citizens of Pyrewood Village managed to escape the wizard's control only to fall prey to the Lich King. During the Death Knight starting quests, you learn how Worgen death knights came to be.

Lord Harford says: Come to finish the job, have you?
Lord Harford says: You'll look me in the eyes when...
Lord Harford says: <Name>?
Lord Harford says: <Name>, I'd recognize that face anywhere... What... What have they done to you, <name>?
Lord Harford says says: You don't remember me? We were both servants of Arugal back in Silverpine Forest. We put up with his merciless torture for ages. It was you who saved me on that fateful night when we escaped Shadowfang Keep.
Lord Harford says: Without you I would have died. YOU! The most noble worgen I ever knew.
Lord Harford says: What have they done to you, <name>? How could this have happened?
Lord Harford says: Remember the worgen you once were, <brother/sister>! You were our savior! Fight this!
Lord Harford says: Listen to me <name>. You must fight against the Lich King's control. He is a monster that wants to see this world - our world - in ruin.
Lord Harford says: Don't let him use you to accomplish his goals. You were once a hero and you can be again.
Lord Harford says: Fight, damn you! Fight his control!
Knight Commander Plaguefist yells: What's going on in there? What's taking so long, <name>?
Lord Harford says: There... There's no more time for me. I'm done for. Finish me off, <name>. Do it or they'll kill us both. <Name>... Remember Gilneas, our beloved home. This world is worth saving.
Lord Harford says: Do it, <name>! Put me out of my misery!
Spoiler:
So basically, if I would wish to make a worgen Death Knight, will it have to be living?
I honestly think goblins and worgen shouldnt be able to be DKs at all! The story behind the death knights is that the Lich King raises them to work for him and they rebel to form a Order. But have we seen Worgens and Goblins in the DK order at all? No. Who would have risen these? The goblins we are able to play are from a island in the middle of the sea and the worgen from a locked up kingdom. How would the lich kings plague have hit these places?
About the goblin part, I fully agree. But think that not all goblins are from Kezan, especially those that became Death Knights. So perhaps your goblin death knight was -not- from Kezan, or escaped the island and wandered about, only to be killed by te Lich King and be turned into a Death Knight.

And about worgens, it´s exactly how the first spoiler I added says. You were from Gilneas, captured by Arugal, tortured in Shadowfang Keep, then escaped and went to Pyrewood. Then, somehow, you left, and were killed by the Lich King to be raised.
I still find it weird. They have to retcon the story a bit so all people who RPd a DK have to just say that they saw many Worgen's in Acherus the time they were under Scourge command.
I had four Death Knights on CotH since I joined. None -ever- got into a talk like "Hey, I saw you when we were massacrating innocents for the Lich King. I liked you a lot: we used to make the killing more fun!"

So, err.. not really any major retcon. Perhaps CotH could add some lore for it´s own, saying how worgen and goblin death knights, after they escaped the LK´s power, chose to go back to their homes for a bit. Or goblins to live secluded and not go into Horde affairs until the goblins from Kezan came.
Hmm. Yeah. I would feel a lot better if there was some custom lore to it.
/pat

But my questions(s) was/were not answered! BRING MOAR REPLIES!
It's already been debated and said once, and the consensus is plot holes or not, the server does not plan to restrict any race/class combination that blizzard will allow.

Also a quick explanation.

Worgen DK are from Silverpine
Goblin DKs are from the Steamwheedle cartel.

They go through the same quest chain every other DK does and eventually kill their friend that explains their backstory. They're being retconned in, and the goblin one should actually make sense.
Yes, they are from Silverpine. But are they dead, or alive? And if dead, then can they still morph?
I believe they'd be dead DKs. I don't think we found a lot of lore to justify living DKs in general anyways o:
So! Will dead worgen Death Knights be able to morph in and out of their worgen form?
I don't see why they can't. I mean, that's one of the features of the playable race...
I´ve heard people saying that the fact of being undead would make the ability unusable, ICly, of course.

Wanted to make sure that is (not) true (?)
I don't know much about ir lore wise, just from an OOC standpoint I am not sure if we intend to restrict what we can do ICly if Blizzard gives the player the skill.
Quote:Can worgen Death Knights be dead?

Yes.

Quote:If so, will they still have the ability to shapeshift between their two forms?

Yes.

If we are capable of doing it OOCly, we can do it ICly (With the exception of some overpowered things) and there is no lore to dictate that it wouldn't be possible.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goblins and Death Knights Aquanthe 6 1,827 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Aquanthe
  Playable Worgen and Transformation Spiralin 16 6,669 03-19-2013, 10:06 PM
Last Post: Harmonic
  My take on living DKs Flawless 12 2,675 11-06-2012, 02:05 PM
Last Post: Holynexus
  Living Death Knights, Part 2 Grakor456 137 24,843 07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  Server Policy on Blood Knights Beltharean 8 2,144 07-18-2011, 09:18 PM
Last Post: Beltharean