The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Server Policy on Blood Knights
I was discussing this with Flammos earlier today, but the discussion didn't really bring anything to fruition. I believe that the Blood Knights can harness the holy magic of the Sunwell based on this quote;

As of the end of the Burning Crusade expansion, blood elves who wield the Light do so through the power of the renewed Sunwell
Source

Flammos argued that that wasn't CotH lore, based on Tales' Guide.

I'm of the opinion a Blood Knight is open to either option, but would like to know the server lore on this.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
Personally, I thought that this was how all post burning crusade expansion blood elves got their powers in the light. It is the means I use for my blood elf also at least.
Spoiler:

'Whats your LuckyDo?'

Desperate for some rp? Try the resident of OOC for a change!

http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread-I-can-has-rp

I always said that Krian uses the Light from the Sunwell, as he doesn't directly believe in the Light. He used the powers of the Naaru before the Sunwell.

... Hm. I believe they can go either way.
Either way, but I'd doubt the light would come to a still-fel-infused creature naturally (non-sunwell) unless it was a very firm and/or zealous believer.
Spoiler:
[Image: Boys.jpg]
In my opinion, either way is possible.

Otherwise the simplest way to disarm a paladin/priest would be to drop a dab of fel blood in their mouth.

EDIT: Though, I do agree with Dave there. One must be very firm in their belief of the Light to wield it as a Sin'Dorei. Moreso than other races.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Tales' guide is not CotH lore.
It's a guide to paladins.

Besides, the whole Blood Knight thing was completely ignored in Wrath and only retouched in Cata. Which was well after the guide. Which makes it outdated.

Plus, the Sunwell is a power source all on its own. The Sin'Dorei tap into it to sate their magic addiction. It's not that far of a logical leap to assume BKs still get their power from the Sunwell.

Plus, Blizz lore > CotH lore.
The vibe Blizzard offers on this is more than a bit ambigious, but I have not read anything in-game that suggests that the blood knights can actually just channel it from the Sunwell.

Though I imagine since the blood knights as a faction -all- joined under A'dal and the Sha'tar I'd imagine they'd all became lightworshippers.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Blizzard has definitely said that the Sunwell is different now and will help the Elves improve over time. Also consider that Tales' guide to Paladins was written well before we went past the Sunwell plotline on the server so the above post referencing it is not accurate. That said, Elves may or may not believe the Sunwell/Naaru/etc. really has become the source of their power. Who knows?

Also you seem to like thread necromancy.
I'd just like to note that this thread is rather old and the issue was resolved quite a long time ago. This is simply a case of thread necrosis, as it is.
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goblins and Death Knights Aquanthe 6 1,827 02-01-2014, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Aquanthe
  Worgen Death Knights. Dead and/or Living? Kira13 29 4,893 07-29-2011, 11:32 AM
Last Post: Kaghuros
  Living Death Knights, Part 2 Grakor456 137 24,843 07-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Last Post: Grakor456
  A question on Living Death Knights FlyingSquirrel 47 10,317 06-24-2011, 03:21 PM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Death Knights... Dead or Alive? Pawoverlord 5 2,688 03-28-2011, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Nostra