The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Concerning Living Death Knights
Alright then. I alluded to this briefly in another thread, and I kept forgetting to make an official announcement regarding this. So, here we go:

The current stance on living DKs: not possible. No more such characters will be approved.

On already approved DKs: forcing a retcon at this point in time would be a little unfair. If you want to retcon, feel free to do so. Otherwise, the character will remain as-is until we do another server reset (presumably for Cataclysm). At that point, we'll probably make you turn the DK dead before he or she is re-accepted.

On how "living" or "dead" DKs are: At the very least, they're better preserved than Forsaken (unless they're Forsaken DKs.) They are also good at manipulating blood, so they could probably "fake" some aspects of living. To what degree, I'm willing to allow based on personal interpretation.

Quite frankly, I don't care about your DK ERP.

Any questions?

Edit: Note that this is not the thread to discuss whether living DKs are possible within the lore or not. We have already had a very large thread on the subject. This is the result of that thread. Questions should be kept to how this new policy impacts new/old characters, not the lore. Thank you.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Think that sums a lot up. ^.^ Never thought there was such thing as a living DK but eh, my dk's always been blood so he just kinda looked alive but they were always still dead. :P Learn new stuff every day.
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

Quote:Name: Milton
Comment: Caught. Was found without armor or runeblade asleep next to his deathcharger. The deathcharger was returned to Salanar without any serious injury. Death knights are not permitted to sleep.

-The Death Knights of Acherus, Phase 3

Can you please explain, if there aren't any living Death Knights, how this one was asleep?
"Every gun..."

[Image: Jonah-Hex-Counting-Corpses-Flaming-Leap.jpg]

"...Makes its own tune."

~ The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly ~
(07-29-2011, 09:30 AM)Beltharean Wrote: Can you please explain, if there aren't any living Death Knights, how this one was asleep?

Undead still rest or can get knocked unconscious/immobile.

Also, this is not the thread to be debating the topic. That thread came and went. I do not appreciate you bringing this up again when the opportunity was presented long ago. This is the decision. Live with it.
Quote:Any questions?

Quote: Also, this is not the thread to be debating the topic.

Rather contradictory statements if you ask me.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

(07-29-2011, 09:39 AM)Beltharean Wrote:
Quote:Any questions?

Quote: Also, this is not the thread to be debating the topic.

Rather contradictory statements if you ask me.

I believe the purpose here is for people to be able to ask how this may affect their characters, not debate the decision. I think some are pretty tired with the discussion by this point.
Questions with regards to the new policy, not questions on the lore feasibility of living DKs, when we just had a gigantic thread on the subject.

If you want to be a smart-alec about this, Beltharean, feel free. You won't like the consequences, though.
Quote:Cowardice is not a valid excuse for inaction.

I take that quote to heart.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

There's a difference between being brave and being a dick, just to say.

Enjoy your demotion and three day suspension.
*salute*

Consider it enjoyed! Why not go ahead and make it permanent? We both know you'd prefer it.
"Every gun..."

"...Makes its own tune."

Can you just.. please stop it, Beltharean? This really isn't needed.

._.
v.v I don' like da fighting v.v
[Image: 20.jpg]
Want to send some Feedback? Go ahead!

[Image: 520a44a794fdb.jpg]

(I'm going to ignore all other replies to this topic and focus on the thread subject. I believe the affairs between Grakor and Beltharean can be solved among themselves.)
Quote:On already approved DKs: forcing a retcon at this point in time would be a little unfair. If you want to retcon, feel free to do so. Otherwise, the character will remain as-is until we do another server reset (presumably for Cataclysm). At that point, we'll probably make you turn the DK dead before he or she is re-accepted.

Well, you know what?
That policy I can actually live with. It's the very least fair to let the players have the chance to keep RPing their character as it stand instead of forcing a retcon. I tip my hat.

Otherwise, I feel the urge to ask if it'd be possible (perhaps in the future) to make a custom prestige that involves the artificial transformation into a creature similar to a death knight (likely through the use of highly advanced necromantic magics, similarly to a graven one) that would allow a character that fits that description to be played.

Y/N?
Like all custom prestige ideas, we'd need to discuss the idea.

For the record, I'm not sure I like the idea of "cheating the system" in that particular manner, but we'll see. It depends.
Well I'm confused on one respect. If living DKs are still running around, how are living DKs not possible? Or did you just mean that in the sense that no one can be them any more?

PS: Thank you for ending the debate on this subject. Honestly I was on the side for living DKs, but I'm just glad that the subject is finally behind us. The subject on living DKs was so freaking violent and unnessisary, it wasn't even funny....

Love and hugs and what not,
RodentJoe
With a hip, hip and a clippity clop
He's out looking for a head to swap
So don't try to figure out a plan
You can't reason with a headless man
~Disney

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Player Behavior and Death Knights Grakor456 12 2,589 09-16-2009, 09:11 PM
Last Post: MoonlightBlossom
  Levels and Death Knights Grakor456 12 2,733 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM