The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Player Behavior and Death Knights
I have to say, the behavior of the players since DKs have been released has been pretty deplorable. The only thing more annoying than that is that it isn't the DKs who are acting this way, but the ones who decide it's their place to criticize them.

I'm going to be as blunt about this as possible. Do not, in any way, insult or criticize anyone playing DKs, whether it's saying that there are too many, complaining about who's playing them, whatever. This goes double for Draenei DKs. We don't need comments like "Who approved the Draenei DK?", "I hate Draenei DKs so much," or "There are way too many DKs!" This is breaking the very first rule you agreed to when joining this server, and that's showing respect to everyone. If you don't like it, then shut up and don't comment.

I'm not joking about this. If people insist on continuing to do this in any public channel, I'm going to start issuing suspensions.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I haven't seen this going on, but I'm never really on during peak times.

The Death Knight class has only been recently opened to Grunts, expect a wave of Death Knights. This will settle down in time. Nobody is forcing you to roleplay with a Death Knight, but remember, those allowed to make a Death Knight are those who have been on this server for a certain amount of time and have been recognized as veteran roleplayers on the server.
Spoiler:
We're all doomed
This was what I was talking about in my rage post. It might not of been constructive, but it got to the point.

You'd think it'd be common sense, only conversing with the people who want to complain with you, but apparently not.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
That's the point. Some have been seeing them as some sort of elite group when they're not. These people feel like 'Aww man another DK. Don't you know how to RP well on a non-DK character?'. Remember...being a DK is a whole 'nother experience and so give them the chance to RP as these guys. Elite IC wise but just the same as you OOC wise. So don't hate on someone because he just want's this kind of RP experience or that. Like I always say, stay out of flaming and just enjoy the RP and good times in CoTH. However way you want to play the game. People enjoy different stuff than you so let them.

On the other side of the spectrum there have been sparse reports of abuses here and there especially about how 'IC wise my DK better than your puny peasant'. My answer is that your DK will probably be just as good as any mage, paladin, priest or anyone else who has achieved the pinnacle of honing their arts (Level 80 OOC-wise. Of course unless you want to RP as someone weak or as a civilian no one's stopping you.) Don't say your DK is stronger.

Personally...the way I see it...while Paladins train from the 'Level 1' part of their life up to 'Level 80' in the arts of being a paladin, DKs only got to train during their 'Level 55' part of their lives...Personally I think that's a disadvantage. Of course, that's why some of our DKs have specialty talents themselves like if they're extra strong or something which explains that the 'Level 1' part of their lives they were probably warriors. I'd be really scared of you if you were a DK from the start of your life and have gone through 80 levels of honing DK arts. But my theory disgregarded a lot of things, too. So don't mind me.
[Image: 2r3hym9.png]
Main Characters:
Riggs Ravenhook - Swarmy Old Goblin Thief and Corporate Nuisance
Gorudo Goldforge - Goldforge Clan Remnant and Ranger
Turic Carsten - Stormwind Regular

http://diethe.deviantart.com/
Diethe Wrote:there have been sparse reports of abuses here and there especially about how 'IC wise my DK better than your puny peasant'.

Nothing like that has actually happened ingame though (to my knowledge), it's mostly been people saying "Hmm, I think I'm gonna go DK hunting IC" in the OOC area, or in the chats, to which DK players might answer, "good luck with that" or similar, refuting the idea that someone would be able to "hunt them" for whatever reason. Not wanting to be prayed upon by people who hate DK's OOC'ly hardly makes the death knights elitist, abusive or anything to that liking. People are severely overreacting, and among them are people accusing all death knight players of "only rolling one to be better than everyone else". That sort of thing is what can make a lot of people sad and angry. They create an air of superiority and elitism where there isn't one. The problem isn't the DK's, it's the people complaining about them. I honestly think that there wouldn't be a problem if they'd just stop.
Glad to see this post, not playing a DK myself since I'm not a grunt yet but seen it happen on the server. It did get annoying after a while, and once they quit rambling about DKs they start QQing about the people playing warriors.

Come on guys, just play what you want, if you want a warrior, play a warrior. If you want a DK, play a DK. It should be that simple. (Off course, follow the server rules with DKs, I'm only saying, stop QQing.)
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
This isn't anything particularly new amongst players, hate for certain classes and races has been spouted across the channels since before I've been here. If anything this crap with the DK's is to be expected.

It's like life; people have different tastes an do different things. The people who you talk with here are real just like the people outside. Unless you have a go at people for using an iPod in the street cause everyone else does; don't do it here.

...Besides, if you did this kinda stuff IRL you'd get your ass handed to you, only logical to expect the same here.
Yukai the Spiritwalker; Answers come in my sleep.
Look at me! I can shamelessly link my storythread too!
Aruen Wrote:and once they quit rambling about DKs they start QQing about the people playing warriors.

That particular part was a joke, in case you missed it. When people complain that there's too many of one class, while there's two times as many of another class online, it really shows how silly it is to complain about things like that.
This has been a problem since forever. This isn't even going to be a long and verbose response, as most of mine are when I actually say something.

"There are too many humans! Rawr!"

"Too many people in Stormind! Grawr!"

"I hate Night Elves! (only when there are many being played, not when I can say I'm the only one around) RAWR!"

"I hate Blood Elves because they're popular! Grr-fuckin-rawr!"

"I hate DKs because they're a type of character that people want to play and are currently popular and not everyone will play them precisely as I would and thus should not be allowed to ever attempt the character in any way evar!"

Shut. Up.

I'm not a mod, so I don't have to be particularly diplomatic about it. I don't care if you don't like hearing it. Moaning about whatever is most popular in rp at the current time is infantile, it is annoying. Please, Grakor. Issue no more warning. Issue suspensions, if more shutting-the-f**k-up doesn't start happening.

And to be really blunt? Typically the worst critics-of-other-players can by no means outshine the ones they're sniping at. Do me a favor and grow some respect for others, or at least some of that 'skill' that doesn't really exist, before starting a whine parade about people's character.

Thanks.

~Someone who was, apparently, far more diplomatic when they had secrets.
I'd rant here to, but... I've already made one.

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=12476
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
/agree
Where would I be without you?
The same place as I would be. Lost. So we'd still be together.
I myself have rolled a Death Knight called Malth, and he's pretty much my main character now. Yes, there are jokes made about the Death Knights, which I have taken in good taste, but there have been some times however, that I've been a tad annoyed regarding people's attitudes towards them.

Death Knights are not Elitist.. Well, we MAY be SOME times depending on our mood/etc. People who made DKs before they were made a non-special profile most probably made them because they wanted a new, interesting RP experience, and I'm sure many who make them in the future are looking for the same thing, but there will be the rare few (From past experiences, there always is) who make a DK just to 'fit in'. I hvae just one message to those people:

Your character is meant to be unique. Don't stick with the norm and conform. If someone makes a Male Human Death Knight, make a Female Tauren Hunter! Of course, you don't HAVE to, but it would be nice to get more variety on this server.

And that is my $0.02 (Australian moneys)
Jeneal jumps into the water. "HAHAHAHAHA!" She turns into a seal.
While correct in sentiment, I'd rather advocate people to play what is the most fun for them. Even if there are tons of XXX's on the server for one hour of one day at any given point in time; peoples' moods are fleeting, and what sounds fun for the moment, is fun for the moment. Don't ruin that moment for anyone else.

Otherwise, you'll be no better than other people in their lurid, self-absorbed existences.
[corners=forumbg forumbg-table][table=tablebg table1][thead][tr=0][th=4]Character Information[/th][/tr][/thead][tbody][tr=bg1][td=1,]Name[/td][td=1,]Affiliation[/td][td=1,]Status[/td][td=1,]Title[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Ivy Killinger[/td][td=1,]The Lodestone Company[/td][td=1,]Inebriated[/td][td=1,]Drunken Fightin' Wench[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Uulari[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Seer[/td][/tr]
[tr=bg2][td=1,]Vyrsallia Scythefall[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Alive[/td][td=1,]Guttersnipe and Ne'erdowell[/td][/tr][/tbody][/table][/corners]
[Image: badge.jpg]
I'm a Shaman? Really? Huh.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Player Availability Loxmardin 15 9,319 10-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Concerning Living Death Knights Grakor456 55 13,906 08-01-2011, 01:32 AM
Last Post: hiddengecko
  Character Warning and Player Guard Policy Changes Grakor456 18 5,205 07-21-2011, 04:27 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Player Appreciation Day Harmonic 74 11,422 05-16-2010, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Harmonic
  Levels and Death Knights Grakor456 12 2,733 01-09-2009, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Vrahn