The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Once upon a time
How did you get into Warcraft?: Originally I was in a guild called Ira Dei on EQ2; out guild-leader at the time hated the game and swapped over. I wasn't originally a big fan - too cartoony, too goofy, but some of the storylines were brilliant and I got in with a really great rp guild. I became a fan eventually.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?): I actually used to rp here - and here's where the hatin' starts - as Maeven. I've been around a lot of servers and truthfully, it seems many people try to be COTH but don't actually manage it. And I also missed the place.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:I am pretty cool with most rp though I will admit I've found a lot of rp to be rather lacking. I'm not a big "village/social" rper, I prefer to get out in the world, explore, fight, do some crafting and bring that into my storyline to give my character depth.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?: Let the hate start anew! Kaldorei, and hunters. Honestly, I know the rep they get primarily because they aren't played as anything but "humans with long ears"

What are your expectations of this server?: On the whole I know a lot of water under the bridge and many of the people I used to rp with are long gone, the rules have changed, etc etc. However I'd just like to get back to rp without a bunch of nonsense and dramatics - and I know the irony here as I've certainly had my own dramatics and hissyfits in the past. I'd like to think I've managed to mature a bit.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?: I've always been rather partial to the "Thou shalt not play something from another dimension" one or the "Thou shalt not play the druid as a cute kitten". Wasn't there a rule at one point about being eaten by a grue?

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Forgive my copy-paste - my days of being able to write stories are pretty much over and I can only manage my creativity in short, sharp bursts: exerpt from my book "Lon'Aite"

At last, she reached a large shelf of rock, a giant boulder that had been worn down by water and storm until the top was a scant few inches above the glistering surface of the lake itself. Here, Ysabelle stood, in the cold gleam of the metallic waters below, wondering what it was she was supposed to do, as there was no sign of anyone nearby – the shelf was only big enough for about six Wyrdlings to stand on if they were in a close group, and Ysabelle glanced round and about furtively, a lone figure in this smooth, quiet water. Was she to call? But what would answer? She frowned, leaned over cautiously, and found herself staring at a reflection that was not her own.

Ysabelle skidded back with a small cry, almost losing her footing upon the stones, and she crouched like a hunted rabbit upon the flat boulder in the middle of Silver Lake, panting in fear, before craning her head cautiously forward, and looking again.

The Woman in the Water, quite literally, was.

A living reflection that did not quite move as Ysabelle moved. The reflection upon the surface of the mirror-lake was older, with stronger features, but her skin was pale, and tinged slightly bluish, eyes sunken in bluish sockets, but like gimlets, sharp and piercing. Her hair seemed to move in a breeze, first this way, then that, until Ysabelle realized that the Woman’s hair was being stirred but the barely perceptible current of the lake itself. She looked like a drowned woman in her tattered, sodden gown, somehow reflected upon the water, and yet seemingly far beneath the surface at the same time.

As Ysabelle stared at the Woman in the Water, and the Woman stared back, she realized with a start that the reflection was coming nearer, as if the Woman was surfacing down beneath the waves, but the Woman in the Water could only press against the water as if the Lake were a pane of glass; the Woman on one side, Ysabelle on the other.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:

Once upon a time, I played a character - my magnum opus, and possibly one of the best characters I've managed to create. Unfortunately, on top of that, I managed to piss some people off with said character and for that I do apologise. There comes a time when one has to realise that we're playing a game - and only a game. I forgot that. Now, I've pretty much lost the gifts of telling a story quite the way I used to, and rp is about the only thing I've got left - I'm not trying to be pathetic about it, just telling it how it is. I've been on a lot of servers trying to weave my story in with other people's, and generally have a good time, but almost always the rp has been somewhat lacking. Plain and simple, I missed CoTH, and all you lot.

So...here I am...and here I hope to stay, if you'll have me.

Hello there Mirivian, and welcome to CotH.

If you haven't done so yet, it's worth glancing over our Wiki to take a look at the rules, see our guidelines for making a character and perhaps even look over a few approved profiles while you're there. I waste far too much time reading as it is, and I still like to browse it every once in a while.

Maeven, Maeven, Maeven... I could tell you a funny story, but I don't know whether you'd grasp the humour.
Welcome back, at any rate.

I hope you enjoy your time here. Do feel free to PM me if you have any further queries. I'll try and answer to the best of my ability.
I... Holy fel... Maeven...

Welcome back! /unrolls leaf-patterned purple carpet(The BElves stole the red ones).
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction time! Gilvar 2 744 03-27-2014, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Introduction Time! xrandox 1 579 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Rini
  Introducing for the first time since never; Novaske! Novaske 0 588 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Novaske
  First time Wower, wants to come here! Lucy 3 892 10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Anski
  My introduction! ( a good one, this time...) kakakuu 0 510 09-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Last Post: kakakuu