The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Introduction time!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:

Well, I'm a person heavily influenced by heroic fantasy and parodies of it (if you talk to me about Discworld, I will love you forever). So I enjoy the epic fights, the inner conflicts, and I do have a tendency to be humoristic when I play - not to say I can't take things seriously, because I can. I simply prefer light-hearted and funny scenarions whenever it's possible. I've played D&D a couple of times, and I've been RPing over instant messengers for around eight years now. I am ABSOLUTELY new to roleplaying in-game though, so beware, you've got a bit of a noob on your hands.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:

I come from Poland, and my primary language is Polish! I use English equally as often as my native language though, and I like to think that any mistakes I make are minor.

How did you get into Warcraft?:

Now THAT is a funny story. I'm in a third year of uni, and I am writing my diploma work. A few months back my roommate broke up with her boyfriend and asked me to play WoW with her a little bit to help her get her mind off of things. So I thought, why the hell not? Now I'm completely hooked and she's got a new boyfriend and abandoned me to play LoL instead, so I've been looking for a community I can find a place in. The funny part is that I thought playing WoW is a good idea so I'd see how do MMOs work for the player first-hand and it would be useful - my thesis is about... The dangers on the Internet for teenagers, such as game addictions. Kinda ironic... :'D

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:

I wanted to find a server that would have a rather small community and very clear rules - this usually means almost no chaos. So I dug around for a few days, and found CotH! So far everything I've seen here only made me stick to my decision to sign up and start playing.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:

To be honest, I think there's time and place for any kind of roleplay - it also depends on the character I am playing. But if I had to choose just one, I'd stick to humoristic, heroic adventures!

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:

Ooh. Oh. Nice question. My favourite race is, hands down, orcs - BUT I'm only considering playing a belf for now. I feel like I could do well with a blood elf, since I have a huge experience in playing arrogant characters - and also because addictions happen to be a personal interest of mine, so playing a magic addict will be just perfect for me. As for a class, most of the clothies - but especially mages.

What are your expectations of this server?:

I expect a lot of fun and also for people to be able to put up with my initial stupidity. I learn really quickly, but I never roleplayed in-game before and I'm hoping for the community's support.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:

To be honest? Probably the ones about having decent grammar. I realize that I am no grammar God either, since English isn't even my native language, but I did play with some people from various english-speaking countries who's grammar was... Something I used to do when I was about fourteen? It just bugs me so much and I can't really explain why, so I love this rule.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):

Yes, I'd like to have a mentor! I am going to need some help. :D

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

Well, there is an amazing story concerning my university major choice...

There's been a time in my life when I had no idea what to do about my future; I just finished high school, there was still a couple months left until the university applications started, and I was completely lost.
At that time, I often visited a friend who lives in a completely different part of the city. Since our city isn't too big, there was absolutely no buses after midnight - and I, being me, would often stay at my friend's place for way too long, and be forced to get back to my own home by foot, at the wee hours of the morning. I did have a couple unpleasant encounters, and one that completely changed my plans for the future.
I was just saying goodbye to my friend when a taxi stopped by the sidewalk - and the person that stumbled out was a slightly drunk old man. He could've been around fifty years old, he was holding a beer bottle, and my friend warned me to avoid him before going back to her house. But I didn't listen, because the man seemed completely lost, it was almost three in the morning, and I decided to help him.
He asked me for directions and it turned out that we're going the same way; so we started talking. What followed was a story of his life.
It wasn't anything too unusual, or special, or amazing. He worked as a miner for most of his life; at some point, he started drinking. It's a common thing in the region I live in - there is a lot of mines, and most miners like to drink a beer or two after the physically draining work they have to do. Alcoholism is rather common here. And this man was no different. He lost the job because he didn't some for weeks straight; his wife left him, his children did not want to speak to him anymore, and he was kicked out of his house and forced to move back in with his parents. He attended therapy on and off, but it never worked for long, and he was tired of his life. We parted ways after some time, and it left me with an opportunity to really think.
I've been seeing the results of alcoholism every single day for most of my life. In my family, in my city, even among some of my friends. I already knew how it worked, I saw the issue, and this old man whose name I will never know gave me the push in the right direction. I started studying on my own, reading, learning; I signed up for the resocialization major - and I intend to specialize in addictions therapy. I don't think I've ever believed in destiny and things like that, but what else could it be? It helped me make the choice
Last year, in the summer, I led my first therapy group. I know I made the right choice for me - and currently I am just a few months away from getting my diploma. And though it's extremely hard work that rarely gives good results, I've never regretted a thing.
Warning: will latch onto anyone even remotely friendly. Constantly demands attention. In other words, message me and let me love you.

Spoiler:
[Image: LCEYQMF.png]
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will get a response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Gilvar has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Hello there, Gilvar! Welcome to Conquest of the Horde!

... I see you've met Overseer Krotok already. He's a total newbie on the boards and this is his first live appearance! Don't let his haughty ways scare you. :D He's just an Orc, after all. (You heard me, Krotok.)

Your run-in with WoW is indeed a funny story, thank you for sharing! You'll fit right in here, though. We could always use more players who are interested in Orcs (though BElves are the master race, clearly--glad to have you join us on the Dark Side of the Horde!).

I'm glad to hear you're interested in the Mentor Program! You'll receive a PM shortly from your Mentor once one has been assigned to you. :)

Remember to register your in-game account in the Account Management page with the exact information you registered your forum name under.

As per standard approval procedure, I'm going to link you to a few nice places that it certainly doesn't hurt if you double-check and make yourself extra familiar with. These are the Rules and Policies, as well as the FAQs. They've got a bunch of vital information in them.

Without further ado, welcome to the server and I hope we'll see you around!

Happy RPing!

Love,
Overseer Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introduction Time! xrandox 1 579 07-30-2013, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Rini
  Introduction for blish2202 lets try this one more time ;) Blish2202 1 497 07-27-2012, 10:34 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  Once upon a time Mirivian 2 808 08-08-2011, 09:58 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Introducing for the first time since never; Novaske! Novaske 0 588 10-30-2009, 08:54 PM
Last Post: Novaske
  First time Wower, wants to come here! Lucy 3 892 10-04-2009, 12:43 PM
Last Post: Anski