The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The whole "active on forums" thing
Once upon a time...as I mentioned before, I wrote. A lot. Long boring story is at the moment various illness issues make writing or even concentration very very difficult for me. It frustrates me no end, but I know it's part of the whole gruntship-prestige-ness requirements and now I find myself staring at various threads on the forums and realising I have absolutely nothing to say really. I have tried to open up a thread to write my character's chronicles...and just stared at the screen. I can't write character backstory anymore, I don't give a toss about lore-crafting and picking apart minutae (burn me at the stake). I realise I may possibly be doomed here.

But am I therefore utterly screwed due to my naff postcount as far as being "one of us, one of us?" Because even typing this has taken considerable effort. And believe me, I -hate- not being able to think or even string a proper story together anymore, but that's the way it's rolled.
Off-topic threads are good for gaining a post count.

-Thumbs up-
Get an avatar and spam my threads.
Better yet.
Spam his threads by saying you dislike Harry Potter.
Just comment on the latest hot topic issue.
It always works.
I'm not sure whether we'd be that stringent with people who were formerly approved grunts, and well-established members of the community, at that. It seems... needless?
As long as you are active and present in-game, I for one wouldn't stave off approving your questionnaire.
I think you have to be active in-game before you are approved for gruntship, not necessarily in the forums. I've seen people whom I hardly see about in the forums but often in-game before they are approved. There's no need for you to force yourself to participate in the forums if you can't think of anything to say.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
The whole post count was to ensure people weren't leaving the server for a month, coming back and applying to gruntship.

THEMOREYOUKNOW.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(08-10-2011, 07:46 AM)Cressy Wrote: The whole post count was to ensure people weren't leaving the server for a month, coming back and applying to gruntship.

THEMOREYOUKNOW.

This, basically.

The system wasn't intended to exclude people who are active on the server but just didn't like to post much. If you mentioned that on the questionnaire it shouldn't really matter, especially if a GM or forum helper (can they approve questionnaires? I don't even know) knows you've been active.
Forum helpers can approve questionnaires. /nod.

If i know the person is active, then I don't really care about post count. If I've never seen the person before, then I have no choice but to go by post count.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Active Regimes FatalJudgement 7 1,805 06-27-2013, 08:16 AM
Last Post: FatalJudgement
  Active Noble House Index DaveM 10 2,776 06-15-2012, 03:15 AM
Last Post: Sol
  Gnome warrior person thing. Uthaniel 12 2,690 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Djura
  So... About this realism thing. Jetniss 30 4,799 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jetniss
  The now for real forums! Chronicles of Conquest! Brutalskars 0 705 02-19-2010, 09:41 PM
Last Post: Brutalskars