The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

So... About this realism thing.
One squad could probably raid Thunderbluff, Stormwind, Darnassus, or Darkspear with ease if they just brought a bunch of guns amirite?

Or does the mass of invisible soldiers in each city now carry guns when they're always seen walking around in plate armor with a sword and a shield.
It puts the grammar in the RP or else it gets the hose again...
Wait, what? why'd it be easy to raid it if you have guns? if your thinking that you'd own due to guns > all, well keep in mind that guns back then usually missed a ton and such.
"It's always do Gnomes have a vibration setting... what about Goblins, huh? huh?!"
I would assume a gun would be much more fficient than a bow. I mean, if you look at some of the high tier guns or even think about their damage, you could pretty much gun down the city less you're swarmed by mages and archers, which will probably be an equally devastating fight on both sides if you got that squad with you.
Cowssaymoo Wrote:Wait, what? why'd it be easy to raid it if you have guns? if your thinking that you'd own due to guns > all, well keep in mind that guns back then usually missed a ton and such.

Keep in mind, it's not necessarily "back then." remember this is Azeroth...not Earth. Secondly! You're forgetting. Magic > a few guns. Any day.
Firstly, NPCs in a city does not represent all living there. For example there are 6,000 living in Thunderbluff and 15,000 living in Darnassus.
Secondly, guns pack more punch than a bow but instead takes ages to reload, might blow up in your face and can very easily malfunction.
"Morely", as Tarne mentioned MAGIC is really what tips the scale to either side here in Warcraft.

(And what is this thing you call realism based off NPC-quantity and damage ratios of weapons in-game?)
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
Tarne is right, you can't draw a real-world comparison. Looking at stats, you can easily see that a bow is just as effective as a gun. And as there's always plenty of guards with bows (or guns, if you're somewhere like IF), I don't see where you're getting the idea that a small squad of gun-wielders could take over a city.

If you do want to talk about realism, though, take into account that the sound of the first few shots would probably attract anyone in the city wielding a weapon to come to the forefront, as well as alerting all the guards (including the ones with bows and magic) to your current location.
WARNING!!! OFF TOPIC! READ AT YOUR OWN WILL!

Spoiler:
Bovel, i literally stopped eatting my sammich is mid-move from plate to mouth because i was looking at your profile picture LOL Confused me for a second lol!
Yes yes, there's fifteen thousand in the cities or whatever and no NPCs to represent it. Yes yes there's an entire army on the streets >.> These cities aren't swarming with hundreds of guards a day, the rest are either fighting the war efforts, or reserve, or in the barracks. Anyways, I'm not talking low-tier guys like the blunderbuss or whatever, think of the faster guns you get that are mid-tier. Yes, magic beats guns anyday, but magic has to be channeled and it has a range issue that guns could beat easily.

As for the guards with bows and stuff, I don't think they are in the cities, especially if there isn't an NPC to represent them. I mean, realistically the GMs could make a bunch of NPCs to show the masses and the guards, or at least tie an NPC to a certain number of people that should be around it. Like say, for every guard there's three more(A bit much, but reasonable).

Anyways, that argument of realism is like trying to say that Bolvar and Saurfang attacked Ice Crown with an army rather than a few rows of soldiers when they attacked with just that.
This was tested on Deadliest Warrior (Pirate vs. Knight. While the Pirate won, it still showed what damage the plate armor could take.). A musket bullet can't penetrate plate armor. While a Blunderbuss did do damage, it often misfired and only worked at close range. So effectively, a rank of soldiers using musket type weapons alown wouldn't fair well with a rank of plate wearing knights. That's why it wasn't until the 1800's when a new class of musket came out that plate armor was outdated.

And quite possibly there could be regiments of gun and bow wielding troops on the ramparts that would be too troublesome to make ingame. Your troops would have to shoot UP to hit people shooting DOWN to make it past the front gates which btw, can easily be raised to keep the troops out.

Do your homework before you try to talk history to a historian.
Uh...

Okay, so...When wow created the cities, none of them are even to scale of what the size should really be. I mean, Southshore is one of the busiest ports alliance side and there is barely any thing to show it's real size. With that, the cities aren't either. Even if we were to try and put NPCs there to even do a fraction of what there is, there would be death to the server with lag.

So quit the whole, WHELL IF THAR AINT SOMETHIN' THAR I AIN'T BELIEFIN ET. Cause..On an RP server...You have to imagine. /sagenod.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
I would like to remind you, in history it took hundreds fo years before the gun was actually good enough to replace a crossbow or longbow due to ineffeciant they were. In Azeorth guns are relativly new, if I recall.
☃ This is my snowman. He's there to remind me how much I hate the snow.
The Pink GM Goddess has spoken! All must obey!
I don't think WoW in-game really represents how things are meant to be :p. Just because five people could raid a city, doesn't mean they actually can, if that makes sense haha. You can travel from Quel'Thalas to Booty Bay in what ... 10 minutes? Distances / sizes aren't really represents so well in-game :p.
Khandora Rockbeard.
Evangeline Delamor.
Ratchet's supposed to be practically as big as the capital cities...

Blizzard downscaled it quite a bit. >->
Cressy has the wisest answers
/nod
Azheron's back in business. For reals.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Realism. Spiky 30 4,828 11-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Last Post: Scow2
  Gnome warrior person thing. Uthaniel 12 2,690 09-08-2011, 10:40 AM
Last Post: Djura
  The whole "active on forums" thing Mirivian 9 1,943 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  So, about this Combat-RP thing... (Looking for Info) Rimewynd 9 1,531 08-21-2009, 06:56 PM
Last Post: Renown0
  Cutest thing ever. Kretol 6 1,441 07-12-2009, 01:58 PM
Last Post: sasail