The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Gnome warrior person thing.
This is kind of a multipurpose thread.

One, to solve a question regarding one of my post-restart characters within the new system,
Two, to give myself a grasp of what we're rolling with and what we're not for forum helper stuff.

So, the concept is simple. Gnomes are naturally weaker than just about any other race. A gnome warrior will thusly make up for it with speed, skill, or engineering.

However, gnomes are also powerful magi. I wanted to play a sort of in-between character that weighted more to the side of the warrior as opposed to the warmage that tilts towards the mage side.

The concept is, however, simple. A gnome warrior that focuses on using arcane enhancements on himself to make up for the lack of strength. This can be manifested in a multitude of different ways.

I initially perceived this as a character with basic arcane or enchanting abilities, but I believe it'd have grown to something along the lines of runeforging.

A pletora of different runes in his weapons/armor for the sake of emulating or enhancing the physical abilities he lacks. Such as boots for speed, gauntlets for strength, armor for constitution, and so forth. The runes would, of course, consume mana/energy to be used, and they'd work by being activated. Naturally, the more runes active at once, the more hard it becomes to keep them that way.

This is basically to add flavor, as I believe I could just as well make him with enchanted gear with similar if not equal effects permanently.

Instead, I want the route I find particularly more interesting.

Y/N?
It amazes me how people seem to forget all about enchanting on this server. I say go for it.
[Image: 293D4BE4-7170-4C2A-B8BF-7EA572513EBD.jpg]
Spoiler:
[Image: Lazuri65.png]
Enchanting is definitely one of the bossest things you can do to make a character better. Just be sure to acquire them in character! Support your local Mages and whatnot.

Edit: Yeah actually you talked about this in your post. But still! Warriors with enchants are just as cool.
Enchanting weapons is a good idea to improve gnomes, though my gnome, Bezington, usually uses chainsaw swords, nasty spray shields and other engineering gizmos, as enchanting never was brought to his mind.

Anyways, go for it.
(09-03-2011, 11:11 PM)Dukica Wrote: Enchanting weapons is a good idea to improve gnomes, though my gnome, Bezington, usually uses chainsaw swords, nasty spray shields and other engineering gizmos, as enchanting never was brought to his mind.

Anyways, go for it.

(09-03-2011, 11:11 PM)Dukica Wrote: usually uses chainsaw swords

I'm sorry for going off-topic, but does he fight... FOR THE EMPEROR?
No, for himself :3
Then he is a HERETIC.
But yea, he sounds like an inscriber/enchanter.
Seems legit, go for it.
I run into this problem with Rofu in the exact same way. I tried using the whole rune master thing to make up for his puny gnome strength, but that ended up being too much of a pain. Magic armor / weapons might work better, as no one's really worked with enchanted items before.

What kind of weapon set would ya see your gnomey using? That'd play a lot on his combat style and enchantments.

Spoiler:
I was thinking about making Rof a 'tester' for high-tech gnomish weaponry, since the whole rune master thing is going pffft. I'd re-write his rune master story to basically make him into a monk. But even a monk won't be able to do jack against a full-plated warrior, so to 'even the odds' he does this whole Omg-I'm-Re-discovering-Mah-Gnomish-Rootz thing and connects with a few engineering buddies to deck him out in cool experimental fist-weapon tech. A monk with steam-weapons. Freakin' cool, right? Certainly more cooler than some guy with glowing tattoos. I like this idea over the original rune master wonkiness because it'd force me to facilitate RP with other people. Which has really been my problem on this server since forever and half.

But to do that, I'd need to coordinate with another engineery gnome willing to be the Q to my...whatever the hell Rofu is. And I dunno if I'll be successful in that.

Also, I still dunno what would be approved and what wouldn't be in the new system. So that idea might be ppfffft as well. Which may mean I'll have to think of a new main and oh noooooooooooo.

Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Gnomish Chainsword.

It works wonders.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
(09-07-2011, 05:38 PM)Krent Wrote:
Spoiler:
I was thinking about making Rof a 'tester' for high-tech gnomish weaponry, since the whole rune master thing is going pffft. I'd re-write his rune master story to basically make him into a monk. But even a monk won't be able to do jack against a full-plated warrior, so to 'even the odds' he does this whole Omg-I'm-Re-discovering-Mah-Gnomish-Rootz thing and connects with a few engineering buddies to deck him out in cool experimental fist-weapon tech. A monk with steam-weapons. Freakin' cool, right? Certainly more cooler than some guy with glowing tattoos. I like this idea over the original rune master wonkiness because it'd force me to facilitate RP with other people. Which has really been my problem on this server since forever and half.

But to do that, I'd need to coordinate with another engineery gnome willing to be the Q to my...whatever the hell Rofu is. And I dunno if I'll be successful in that.

Also, I still dunno what would be approved and what wouldn't be in the new system. So that idea might be ppfffft as well. Which may mean I'll have to think of a new main and oh noooooooooooo.

Sareen may not be a gnome, but she does take customers from both factions. And I may add she specializes in weapons.

Jus' sayin'.

>.>
Krent, remind me to have Mokaku and Rofupi meet for shits and giggles.
"I am more afraid of one hundred sheep led by a lion than one hundred lions led by a sheep."
Should hit up Widget once the restart happens. She is both an engineer and enchanter.

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS FOR ENHANCING YOUR WARRIOR? I THINK SO.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
(09-08-2011, 10:34 AM)Cressy Wrote: BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

The troll part of me is destroying any trace of humanity left.

And I approve of this idea! Seems like it'd be fun to have this around.
[Image: djuraz.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The whole "active on forums" thing Mirivian 9 1,943 08-10-2011, 01:44 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Random peices of advice from a cynical person. JackofBlades 16 2,566 02-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Last Post: Drust
  Can Characters played by the same person know each other? Grimnir 20 3,733 07-17-2010, 08:42 AM
Last Post: Piroska
  So... About this realism thing. Jetniss 30 4,799 04-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Last Post: Jetniss
  Just A new Person Question...don't hurt me!!! Ansmnas 6 1,198 03-09-2010, 02:23 PM
Last Post: Ansmnas