The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Character Restart Thread
Seeing as it's generally a good thing to have all the intended changes to characters being in one place instead of scattered all about the forum, let this be the thread that you inform others of significant changes to the personalities, histories, and so forth.

I'll get mine out of the way in a spoiler, so you noobs don't have to see it.

Spoiler:
Dagrim - Largely staying the same.
Xigo - If things work out, has been mated for a longer period of time. Nothing major.
Ellea - Switching to a priestess
Ara'Gazhi - Being relegated to a NPC role, no longer a character.
Ruegar - Delete
Mordeka - Not sure yet. Not like anyone cares about the guy.
Arianna - If things work out, has been married for a longer period of time. Will become a Grand Magister if she can't stay a Blood Mage.
Melline - No changes.
Merica - No changes.
Versich - Few changes. Nothing significant.
Castella - May no longer be a paladin. I miss my elf thief woman
Paota - Still a mother. Has been a mother for a longer period of time. No longer has Aki as a part of her history. She's old now.
Kruol - NONE CAN PREDICT THE SHADOW FLAME!
Ainmhi - No major changes.
Sindri - Potentially a major change. We'll see. Still, it won't effect anyone.
Mundo - He's perfect the way he is.
Thaddeus - May not exist. Likely being relegated to NPC status.
Regis - Well. No one ever saw him anyway.
Tal - Potential rank change. For kicks.
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
Jean, Ophice, Sprinkles, Chaundre, and Ladria are not existing after the restart, or atleast not how they are. They will be how they originally were if I bring them back. IF IF IF IF IF. This totally goes for the rest of my characters as well.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
A quick run-down:

Grakor - Getting redone. As MadFerret doesn't play anymore, I'll probably just start this character from scratch again.
Thragash - Turning into a warrior. Presuming that we do a variant system, he'll probably have some variant or other, but otherwise he'll just be a giant fury warrior.
Balgarn - Changing his skin color. Otherwise, he'll probably remain largely the same.
Zalrin/Kuruk - Changing these two. Likely just reserving a troll and tauren name for future Cata characters.
Gunnar - Not sure what I'm doing with this guy. He'll either survive, or I'll lose interest in having any Alliance characters with the reboot of my namesake.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
I have a few I've considered off the top of my head;

Spoiler:
Rigley: Mostly tempered of his phobias. Married to Blythe (likely for some time) as a retcon. Partially active in Stormwind navy, mostly in production. Still not on active duty because of previous mental record and own unwillingness to.

Endling: Undecided. Depends on the actions of other characters she knows; if large amounts of Thragash/Ashrune stuff is retconned she will have retreated to her chapel instead of joining them, where the events of Magnum Mysterium will have pretty much played out. (Keeping the storyline as is; you'll see.)

May come back with her jaw re-broken. Undecided.

Rodile: Retconning freelance work. Now strictly works for the Royal Apothecary Society once more.

Sergius: In a relationship with Marie.

Others: I'll figure that out later, and will likely make a much more detailed post then. They'll be deleted or remade, to be decided!
I plan on removing all of my characters, aside for a selected handful until the restart.

Spoiler:
Talesta - No changes, aside from rewriting the profile to look better.
Sherai - No changes, though likely retcon some IC events.
Roirin - Remade as warrior, same story but with changes according to class change.
Kelar - No changes.
Renus - No changes.

I know keeping my characters the way they are is a little 'boring', but wiping all my other characters will give me a chance to start over with everything!
What happens if a bowl of Tauren spills into Wednesday on a bed of six o'clock?
Spoiler:
Astus -- No longer PC, exists but will not be played in any form. I'm sure I'll do a storyline with him later-- forum only.

Crescenthorn -- If this allowable free-form roleplay goes through he'll likely be a spirit walker-- though I may keep him in spirit champion esqueness.

Makshtar -- Deleted.

Tyleron -- Deleted.

Yenrab -- Deleted.

Hruken -- Deleted.

Roderick -- Deleted.

Brazk -- Deleted as is-- possible reroll.

Dakratar -- Deleted.

Steve -- Deleted.

Falstan -- Deleted.

Eliza -- Deleted as is-- possible reroll.

Asmine -- Deleted as is -- possible reroll.

Ezra -- Annihilated.

Laquisha -- Deleted.

Laurus -- Deleted.

Dunne -- Probably going to remake, he's my fun ol' geomancer.

Tom -- Remake.

Hyacinth -- Delete.

Clifford -- Delete.

Jemima -- Drowned in syru-- deleted.

Stagdas -- Deleted.

Dylan -- Possible remake.

Seamor -- Deleted.

Agatsu -- Possible remake.

Rogtor -- New idea.

Roberick -- Deleted

Utsa -- Deleted

Krueger -- Hurr, deleted.

Guldhar -- Possible remake.

Ganton -- Deleted

Jin'rah -- Deleted

Anson -- Delete.

Mirius -- Deleted

Halon -- Remake

Nasus -- Deleted.

[Image: graveyard.jpg]
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Grakor I will be sad if we lose Gunnar I liked him D:

Anyway, my characters will likely be largely unaffected. I am pretty satisfied with all of them, save for maybe a few minor differences.

Cristovao might have known Diawata longer, but this is only assuming that the timeline revamp expands the events of Vanilla-TBC-WotLK from one year to two (which I hope they do).

Hrodebert may have met and married Jami before the Second War. Probably another 10 extra years, I dunno. Might also make him slightly younger.

Madugo I might make a few years younger. Up for grabs.

Aryeon still needs to be approved because he's a herpderp Special profile due to being a High Priest. Is likely to be unchanged, though.

Du'Guro will remain the same.

Maeia I haven't used much and she's a bit character so I may just put on hold remaking her yet.

Eachaan I hope to rename to Hector.

Gantrithor is so new all he's losing is the 600g I poured into him to have D3 armor and flying mounts at level 50. :(

Really, that's what is going to bug me the most. We're going to lose all of our outfits, our gear, our money, our reps, our titles, our professions, our mounts, ect. This is gonna suuuuuck.

Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
It happens. As for my characters:

Spoiler:
Anryia: I just put her profile up. Nothing is getting changed.
Aroshka: Might revamp her, might delete her.
Tracy: Keeping her the same.
Velienia: Might change her name and class, other than that, leave her the same.
Ayana: Going back to her roots and making her a warlock again.
Rynn: Might make her a Special Profile/Custom skin, since I want her looking rather undead without being a Forsaken.
Lynne: Edit a few things with her.
Remaining characters will likely be deleted.
[Image: Zf6X.gif][Image: 3vBq.gif][Image: q3iX.gif][Image: 5rVk.gif]
Mah babehs. I'm watchin' you, government.
Navren - DELETED
Ivan - DELETED
Kolvnor - DELETED
Harlov - DELTED

The rest have already been deleted! Down with the machine!
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]
Reigen: Will bump up her age a bit as well add a bit more to her features, such as things I missed before or didn't RP out properly.

Lieonai: Staying the same.

Shiana: Will change according to how Xigo changes her sister.

Everyone else: Deleted at some point. Might remake them, might not.
Sterling will still exist in some form so I can still run detective stories, but may change. Likely drop what few other characters I have.
---

Sterling Hart - The Great Detective [Blood Elf Detective]
Richter Stahl - Working on a "Cure" [Forsaken Alchemist and Doctor]
Emori Darkrunner - More Beast than Man [Night Elf Druid]
I've made many toons besides the one I listed in my signature and profile, but I'll be listing them all below to go with the restart.
Spoiler:
In order of RP frequency:

Kapre: Age change (just making him a little older), plus I'll be doing a wipe of the matchmaking clientele (namely because there are some characters I don't see being played anymore or the players left some time ago). I'll need players to reconfirm their spots so I can update the service with the restart. Also, not sure if I'm keeping his relationship with Vylian but I'll have to discuss it with the player. Also changing his face to match his derpy face design in my art (found a face model I liked better) plus making him slightly darker to match Dia's. EDIT: Talked with CappnRob, he may be renamed Kaapre to go with Diawata's rename.

Diawata: EDIT: Renamed to Diwaata, plus age change to match with Kapre's. Retconning the armor incident, it never happened; ICly, Dia and Kapre would have entered COTH time at the same time.

Mahentosh: EDIT: Largely unchanged though I'm slapping an apostrophe in his name to be Mahen'Tosh (he'll still be Mahentosh in-game). Since the server will be restarting soon, I'll postpone the final submission of his WIP profile until the restart itself.

Urameil: May change his face, but given we're talking a blood elf, he'll still look pretty in-game. May reconsider a surname change since while "Sol'burn" IMO is awesome, it gets ridiculed a lot.

Kentado: EDIT: No longer has Tikar as his older brother. Don't know if he'll be related to Elliona or anyone else in Ural's NElf family thread anymore. I'll be preparing Kenny as if he has no player family.

Bastos: I'm actually liking the treatment he's getting ICly, even down to the mutilation he received. Mathias and I are considering a collaborated history between Bastos and Coria, so implied history is really the only thing changing. And yes, he still has Anaka.

Asulna: Unchanged

Jami: Any changes to Hrodebert would then call for changes for Jami, but at the moment, she's largely unchanged.

Pulla: Unchanged

I will not be remaking the following characters (they'll still "exist", but they will not be RPed, remaining to be merely mentioned/drawn characters, at least until I change my mind and find purpose for RP with them):

Adelie
Dino
Imagen (tho to be honest, I deleted her already)
Aereal (made her only so I can have a visual model of Urameil's wife)
Kaldereto

Debating if these are keepers or not:

Kawala
Saraphiel

EDIT 29/8/2011: I'm bringing back Kawala. But Saraphiel is still in decision limbo.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Vyndus - Will attempt to steer him back on track with a more quiet personality.

Karsen - No changes planned yet other than him dying and being brought back as an undead.

Kostus - Slightly older, changing his family backround up.

Sammul - Still waiting for approval, no changes planned yet.

Everyone else is being tossed into the trash bin.
Spoiler:
[Image: 2wd92y0.gif]

First Account:
Spoiler:
Sebastien - Staying
Desi - Delete
Shealtiel - Staying
Asirius - Delete
Zaros - Likely Delete
Rakzan - Delete
Orissa - Delete
Dazto - Delete
Donovan - Staying

Second Account:
Spoiler:
Marius - Staying
Aurel - Likely Delete
Aritony - Staying
Karzan - Likely Delete
Kraven - Staying
Al'thorai - Likely Reset
Taro - Staying
Slenzi - Delete
Iavis - Staying

Third Account:
Spoiler:
Dakaz - Staying
Valentin - Staying
Tul - Delete
Zanvados - Delete
Koras - Delete
Vicktor - Delete
Taus - Delete
Jayan - Delete
Tydre - Editing
Ti - Delete

Deleted characters might be remade if I/someone else wishes so.
Guess it's my turn!
Spoiler:
Vitaly Zaitsev--Class change to priest after I finish my IC posts, otherwise unchanged and still married to Epsilon.

Grok'Thaz--Unchanged

Septimus Talah'Felo--Skin change, otherwise unchanged and still dating Kazuru.

Kassuu--Personality edit, otherwise unchanged.

Shaulea Duskleaf--Unchanged

Lotamu--Unchanged

Flank Switchbolt--Unchanged

Vitali--Possible deletion.

Alystra--Unchanged

Chrissy Waveharp--Unchanged

That's it for my characters! Will make necessary changes to comply with associated characters.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Character ideas that don't play by CotH character creation rules Dae 26 10,334 01-05-2015, 04:09 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Character Audio/Video/Multimedia Thread puncturedwords 19 4,087 05-23-2012, 05:47 AM
Last Post: Hawk
  IC OOC L (In-Character Out-Of-Character Location) Judgernaut 15 3,460 03-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Last Post: Judgernaut
  It just HAD to happen in Restart Day. ImagenAshyun 1 753 09-08-2011, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Djura
  Restart and [DP] Bovel 0 710 08-29-2011, 04:02 AM
Last Post: Bovel