The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Few questions.derp
Hi, I'm new.ish.

My main question or concerns/thoughts/whatever, is the server restart. Not the restart, but more specifically lore. Somewhere I read that you guys were changing to timeline around to make it a bit more sensible. This is perfectly fine with me, but is there an updated timeline somewhere that I could use?

Secondly, this pertains to my new(first) character here. He's an old orc from Outlands. I'm wondering mostly on you guy's stance on creating our own clans. I plan on it being a small-time clan which was eaten up by a larger, more notable clan. However a lot of his original clan is what makes up who he is. Such as his views as to what honor truly means. The clan I'd be making is a bit of allusion towards ninjas. Considering a lot of orcish ideals have feudal Japan undertones, I feel it's not too long of a stretch.

Third: I believe I might've asked this on my introduction, but I'm coming back from a long inactivity and to be fair I was never really active due to schoolcrap. How does one go about multiboxing or how do you guys feel about it?

Last question isn't much of a question, but a request. If anyone wants to RP as the daughter of one of my characters, I haven't gotten the full details as of yet since I haven't full created my own character yet. But as far as creative freedom, you'll have full control aside from the first 5-7 years of her life.

I'm done. =]
[Image: tumblr_m1dc8rDUHe1rn95k2o1_400.gif]
1)
Spoiler:
Quote:-10,000 - War of the Ancients.
-9,000 - The World Tree is made.
-7,300 - The Highborne are exiled.
-6,800 - Quel'Thalas is founded.
-2,800 - The Troll Wars.
-2,700 - First Guardian is appointed.
-2,500 - Ironforge is founded.
-1,200 - Seven Kingdoms of humanity are founded.
-823 - Aegwynn clashes with Sargeras' avatar.
-230 - War of Three Hammers.
-5 - Rise of the Horde. Blackhand is made warchief, Draenei slaughter begins.
-1 - Orc chieftains drink demon blood. Sacking of Shattrath.
0 - Dark Portal is made. First War.
6 - Second War. Internment camps are made.
8 - Invasion of Draenor.
10 - Alexstrasza is freed from the Dragonmaw clan.
18 - Thrall frees the orcs from the internment camps.
19 - Thrall and Tirion rescue Eitrigg from execution.
20 - Reign of Chaos.
21 - Frozen Throne.
23 - Sunwell Trilogy.
24 - Cycle of Hatred. Tensions between Alliance and Horde rise again.
25 - World of Warcraft begins.
26 - Burning Crusade.
27 - Wrath of the Lich King.
30 - The Shattering. Cataclysm begins.

2) We're fine with making our own clans, but I would tread carefully as to how close you get to Feudal Japan. Yes, they have Samurai (Blademasters) and other such things, but many aspects are different.

3) Multiboxing is perfectly fine.

4) Try making a post here.
(09-04-2011, 06:13 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: 1)
Spoiler:
Quote:-10,000 - War of the Ancients.
-9,000 - The World Tree is made.
-7,300 - The Highborne are exiled.
-6,800 - Quel'Thalas is founded.
-2,800 - The Troll Wars.
-2,700 - First Guardian is appointed.
-2,500 - Ironforge is founded.
-1,200 - Seven Kingdoms of humanity are founded.
-823 - Aegwynn clashes with Sargeras' avatar.
-230 - War of Three Hammers.
-5 - Rise of the Horde. Blackhand is made warchief, Draenei slaughter begins.
-1 - Orc chieftains drink demon blood. Sacking of Shattrath.
0 - Dark Portal is made. First War.
6 - Second War. Internment camps are made.
8 - Invasion of Draenor.
10 - Alexstrasza is freed from the Dragonmaw clan.
18 - Thrall frees the orcs from the internment camps.
19 - Thrall and Tirion rescue Eitrigg from execution.
20 - Reign of Chaos.
21 - Frozen Throne.
23 - Sunwell Trilogy.
24 - Cycle of Hatred. Tensions between Alliance and Horde rise again.
25 - World of Warcraft begins.
26 - Burning Crusade.
27 - Wrath of the Lich King.
30 - The Shattering. Cataclysm begins.

2) We're fine with making our own clans, but I would tread carefully as to how close you get to Feudal Japan. Yes, they have Samurai (Blademasters) and other such things, but many aspects are different.

3) Multiboxing is perfectly fine.

4) Try making a post here.
1. How convenient! =D

2. Understood.

3. Yay!

4. Will do.

5. Thanks for the quick reply. =]
Glad to help!
/necro

And speaking of necro, I've got a lot of questions about undead.

First I'd like to if a Forsaken surgeon sounds likely, someone who would fix up other undead that have been... Disarmed. I believe there are already similar practices within undead society, if not similar then the exact same.

Follow up questions based of the answer to the above will be coming. =p
I don't see an issue with it personally, though, don't quote me on that.

[Unless I'm right, then quote me all you want.]
Somehow I find the thought of a Forsaken surgeon extremely amusing. No idea why.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
I feel like you're right. I was pretty sure, but needed someone to confirm. =D

Next, I'm really just wondering on how it's possible. If you were gather... Say an arm and reattach to an undead. I feel like it would take time (a long time) for the arm to even become reanimated and afterword take longer to regain basic controls over it.
I believe that would fall under the category of Necromancy. I think what you described would need a slight dash of it to work. Sew it on and have a Necromancer work his magic and the patient is fine.
(09-09-2011, 05:20 AM)Rowgen Wrote: I believe that would fall under the category of Necromancy. I think what you described would need a slight dash of it to work. Sew it on and have a Necromancer work his magic and the patient is fine.

I was thinking that too. However, I thought maybe it could reanimate due to the simple necromantic nature of the undead. As if whatever energy is keeping them alive would spread throughout their body.
I remember asking Xigo about this a bit ago. He said that as long as the arm was necromantically reattached, it would be fine. Just attaching it and letting it be won't go. And, remember, not all Undead have skin on their limbs, so that could be a problem.
(09-09-2011, 05:47 AM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: I remember asking Xigo about this a bit ago. He said that as long as the arm was necromantically reattached, it would be fine. Just attaching it and letting it be won't go. And, remember, not all Undead have skin on their limbs, so that could be a problem.

Okay, I suppose some training from the apothecary should do the trick. This may clash with my plans to make him a warrior.

Also, I planned on having the surgeon to do big to small jobs. From reattaching limbs and reconstructing vocal organs to skin grafts for aesthetics or otherwise.
Actually, warriors aren't less common in the Apothecary than magi. They'd fall under the Testing division.

Quote:Testing is comprised of the more daring undead, many who were fighters and rangers in their lives. Their job is to scout the area of Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest for subjects on which to test what comes out of R&D.
(09-09-2011, 05:57 AM)Rowgen Wrote: Actually, warriors aren't less common in the Apothecary than magi. They'd fall under the Testing division.

Quote:Testing is comprised of the more daring undead, many who were fighters and rangers in their lives. Their job is to scout the area of Tirisfal Glades and Silverpine Forest for subjects on which to test what comes out of R&D.

/back from school

That's true, but warriors knowing necromancy is pretty uncommon. He could have been taught by an apothecary in order to actually put his medical skills into use?
It would be breaking into the borders of multi classing. If you were hellbent on such a reparation of necromancy, i'd roll a priest/mage and submit a special profile for a character with minor necromantic abilities for review. ;o
[Image: wMRLoCF.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate