The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Humble Introduction
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I'm a three or four year Warcraft player, and prefer the Horde to the Alliance. I'm mainly experienced in PVE with some minor PVP experience and am now looking into serious roleplay.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
I live in Canada and my primary language is english.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I was trying out several mmo's and came across Warcraft and was hooked from the trial.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
I did some searching among sites and found that your server was reviewed as very good and would like to join.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
My roles I'd enjoy playing would be a survivalist or outdoorsman role as being very experienced with nature or as a mystic or shaman who could give siritual aid or guidance if anyone required my aid.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
My favourite race/class combination is definetly troll/hunter. I really enjoy the troll's tribal style of life and the hunter classes invlovement with the wilds of Azeroth. This was also my first ever character and am still h.ooked

What are your expectations of this server?:
Very high, the requirements and lengths to have users join prove to me that I will enjoy roleplayng with others if I'm approved.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
The length at which to become a member appeals to me ensuring that only the truly dedicated role players will join and also ensure that the role plays are very enjoyable.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
Hunt of the Tide

The waves crashing against the rocks at the end of the beach filled the air with a cool mist. Along the each, the water would climb, struggling to reach as far as it could on the golden sand to reach its highest point, and then slowly return to the sea to try again. As the water reached as far as it could, it only made it halfway along the sand where the beach met the lush jungle of the island. The jungle seemed more like a wall covered with plants than just local fauna. The trees were covered with vines and the floor littered with ferns. To even make a dent in this wall of life it seemed it would take an army, but to those living in these lands the wall was more like a bee’s nest. The wall actually had dozens of holes anyone could slip through to gain entry into the fertile sanctuary just behind the green wall. It was what lived beyond this wall where the hunter had to travel.
The hunter, whose name has been lost to time, was a troll of 45 years. A skilled hunter of his village, the hunter knew he faced the greatest challenge he would ever face in his life. The purpose of this journey was the reason why he became a hunter, and why he lived his life the way he did. The troll had ruby red hair styled in a traditional raptor’s tail which had his hair braided into a single length running down his back. His shoulders were large and broad, uncharacteristic of his village. He was armed with his hand-made leather armor made from the beasts that lived around the village. On his back was the quiver he made from the raptor he faced to prove his worth as a hunter to the village elders and lashed over his shoulder he carried his bow, handed down in his family for generations. Now, he would use it to best any hunter before him in his bloodline.
His goal was a living legend in his village. Although a legend, many felt it was more like a living nightmare. This tale involved the monster the village called Tidewing. The monster was nothing like anything the village ever knew or encountered before. The beast was enormous, at least three times as large as the largest raptor the trolls ever hunted and the most terrifying parts to it were that it could fly and breathe flame. The beast gained its name for being completely blue and its wings had a translucent appearance similar to water for the webbing which lifted the monster. The beast terrified the village by burning the huts to ashes and carrying those who tried facing the beast into the air and dropping them below to the village to scare those who witnessed such devastation. The beast also left its mark on the hunter, for during the last of its raid it scarred the hunter’s left arm and leg. The burns were not severe enough to cause the removal of the limbs but the scars would not heal. The shamans of the village said it was by some form of voodoo but that did little to bother the hunter. He had a single goal, end the beast and bring peace back to his people.
The sun beat down on the troll as he walked over towards the jungle wall. He moved a fern branch aside and saw the wall of jungle from the beach continued on. Yet, the hunter’s knowledge allowed him to easily see his way deeper into the sanctum. The jungle was silent as the troll weaved his way deeper into the forest. All hunters knew something was wrong if the jungle was silent and had to be on guard but this hunter knew the exact reason for the calm and could proceed more quickly. He had spent the last week tracking down the beast and saw it fly over the jungle he was travelling through just shortly ago. The destination was Bor’von Mountain, the only earthly outgrowth on this island which had a cave near the base on its southern side. The hunter travelled for an hour through the undergrowth until he reached a scorched clearing just before the cave with a spring running down to the right of the cave’s entrance along the rocks.
The hunter drew his bow and grabbed an arrow, ready to face his quarry. He slowly stepped out into the clearing towards the cave’s entrance. Every step made a crunching sound as his foot crumbled the burnt plants as he placed his weight down. He was ten yards from the cave’s pitch black entrance when he saw a blue light coming from inside the cave. As he wondered what it was he quickly jumped to the left just barely avoiding a fireball of blue flame. As he readied his bow again and looked back to the cave’s entrance. There stood his foe, the reason for this journey.
The beast was covered in sapphire scales and stood on four legs. On each foot were enormous claws, a single one able to be used as a blade by any of the village’s warriors. The tail was along and slender, thick with muscle, and easily able break bones. The beast stared at the troll with its ruby eyes, waiting to see what the troll would do next. The troll stood looking at the monster, slowly walking towards the right side of the creature and the cave entrance. The beast made the first move and shot another fireball at the hunter. The hunter rolled to the right and as he looked back towards the beast he saw it was gone. He stood up and readied his bow again, looking around him for the beast.
“Silly little troll, do you know what I am?” The troll was surprised by this voice, it was loud and deep. He knew it could not belong to anything else but the beast. “Do you know how powerful I really am?”
The troll pulled his arrow back further, preparing for the inevitable attack and spoke back. “I think I do mon, if I’m right ye be a dragon, similar to the dragonhawks found deep in the forest near da village ya been attackin.”
The voice chuckled, echoing through the clearing, sounding as if the dragon was everywhere. “I’m surprised you know that. But it matters very little.”
“Why is dat mon?”
“It is rather simple, because you will die soon.”
As the troll turned to where he thought the voice was coming from he was swallowed by a huge shadow. He looked up to see the drake grab him by his shoulder and begin flying up into the air. The two rose to the same height as the mountain and stopped.
“Now all I need to do is drop you and your dead, you also can’t move with my claws digging into your shoulders. Are you ready to die now troll?”
The troll began laughing as the wind blew by them fiercely making the dragon slightly adjust his wings.
“Why are you laughing, hysterical facing death, I can feel your blood on my skin, your nothing now.”
The troll reduced his laugh to a chuckle and spoke again. “Ya need ta look at yer ctach before assuming things mon.”
The dragon quickly looked down to see what the troll was talking about and shocked by what he saw. The shoulders the dragon thought he were piercing were actually large leather bladders filled with oil and the troll was out of them grabbing onto one of the dragon’s rear claws.
“You sneaky little troll, now I’ll kill you.”
The dragon dropped the containers and swiped at the troll. Now that the weight on his shoulders was gone he could move more quickly than before. He dodged the swipe and made his way to the wings of the dragon.
“Now to take ye back to ground level and finish dis.” The troll drew his blade and cut the webbing of the dragon’s wings. The dragon had to focus on landing instead of the troll and descended as quickly as he could.
“Your smarter than the others, but you’ll still die like the rest of them.”
“Don’t think I be done yet, yer only getting back on my plans.”
The dragon crashed into the ground with a thud and quickly rose to its feet. It looked around to see where the troll had gone. “Where did you go you little whelp?!”
“Over here mon.”
The dragon turned towards the voice and saw the troll standing to his right. The dragon unleashed another fireball and the troll dodged again but held an arrow out into the fireball. The troll grabbed his arrow and shot at the dragon’s feet. The oil from the shoulder pads ignited and blinded the dragon.
“How dare you do this to me you troll!” The dragon stumbled about trying to regain its sight as the troll ran towards the beast. He grabbed some rope from his quiver and ran in circles around the dragon. The dragon’s feet were forced together and he fell to the ground. As soon as he hit the ground he stopped struggling. He knew he could do nothing in his state and would be killed soon.
The dragon waited in his state for an hour waiting for the troll to kill him. The dragon regained his sight and saw the troll sitting on a fallen log looking at him.
“Why didn’t you kill me? You had you perfect chance?”
“My goal wasn’t to kill ya mon, it was to end da beast, which as far as de village will know, means I killed ya.”
“What do you mean?”
The troll stood up and walked towards the dragon. “I defeated ya and you admitted you were defeated so dat be all I needed mon.”
“I still don’t understand why you spared me.”
“You’re the only dragon the village and I have ever seen. If I can spare a unique creature that may be the last of its kind, den I will, but I still want to take a trophy of my hunt.”
“And the trophy you’ll take from me?”
The troll cut the ropes around the dragon’s feet and looked at the dragon’s head. “A tip from one of the horns on yer head and whatever scales ya may have left back in dat cave.”
“I could kill you now you know, so why do you think I wouldn’t?”
“Dat’s because you admitted defeat, you know you’ve been bested and would have kept fighting when ya landed on da ground if you didn’t think you were. Now I am holding some trust dat you have some honour and leave me to return to my village.”
“You’re a strange troll, but I will concede since you were able to trick me into defeat.”
“I’ll agree with ya mon. Hopefully, I don’t see ya again since I don’t think I’ll be able to beat ya again.”
“Farewell, troll.”
“You too Tidewing. Farewell mon.”
The dragon walked back into its cave to gather the troll’s trophies and heal its wings. The troll left and returned to the village as a hero. The dragon was never seen by the village again, and the truth about Tidewing was only revealed on the hunter’s dying breaths. It is this story which keeps all hunters of the village to respect the wilds and their bounty, for if they do not, they are not hunters but nothing more than slaughterers.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
I apologize for my previous introduction but I was not used to the "Tab" and submitted my introduction without my story being complete. So here it is and once again, my deepest apologies.
Troll hunter, eh? Hawk's gonna love you big time.

Anyway, keep in mind we usually try to space our posts to avoid gigantic chunks of text that make it hard to read.

Welcome to Conquest of the Horde, ValmitTrebel! I hope you enjoy your stay!

Check our wiki for any information you need, and don't be afraid to seek any GM or player in-game if you need help. (I'm usually on Munix, my dwarf, or Uthaniel, my namesake, and would be more than willing to help in any way you need.)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My Humble Introduction kennywayne 1 584 06-13-2012, 01:51 AM
Last Post: Delta
  Just a humble introduction DoyLe 1 659 08-07-2011, 07:53 AM
  My humble introduction Shafteds 1 607 07-16-2011, 12:43 PM
  A humble introduction. OrkhorC 1 745 06-05-2011, 04:07 PM
Last Post: Reigen
  Ascer's humble introduction... Ascer 1 622 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Last Post: Azheron