The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Nagrand Island RP spot?
So, it seems I've found an island in Nagrand (in the sky, no less!) that I would think makes for a perfect camping spot. However, it's completely unfurnished.

My suggestion/request is this: Possibly add a tent or two, a permanent campfire a smoked meat rack, furs laid about on the ground, a ring of chairs (primitive style, as it would be silly to see elegant chairs in the wild like that!), and such other things.

There are no NPCs that even come near the island, as it is very high in the sky, so there will be no problem with that.

There is also a small island floating next to it, and perhaps (and I hope!) if the island is made into the neutral RP locations, then a bridge could be made to that island, to the portal. All speculation, of course.

The island is next to the road (and in the air) just west of the cave in Southwind Cleft. If needed, I could show a GM exactly where.

Thanks for your time!
I understand where you mean, on other servers we used this island to PvP on. (Duels etc).

It's a good spot. And I must say that I agree a -lot- with it.

Yet you should find an IC way to furniture it I guess, and an IC way to get up there.
[Image: iyn1uq.jpg]
Made by me ^^
Some people are entitled to be stupid, but some are abusing the priviledge
It doesn't make much sense to camp in the sky . . .

. . . although I know the island you're talking about and I wholeheartedly endorse this. :D
Wouldn't this be nice^^ be sure to put a portal :D
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(12-09-2011, 04:08 PM)Sol Wrote: It doesn't make much sense to camp in the sky . . .

. . . although I know the island you're talking about and I wholeheartedly endorse this. :D

If you can fly down, it makes a LOT of sense. Staying safe from predators and thieves, to start. Added to that, if they're Hunters, then they could look down and spot prey for -miles-.

If Rogues, then they could look down and... Spot their marks for miles.

Mages could use it as a location to test dangerous magics, without anyone able to get to them.

Priests could use it as a hermitage.

Warlocks, a secluded area to perform rituals and such.

Shamans, a place to commune with the elements: Earth, for the ground. Water, that feeds the grass. Wind, for the fact that they're in the air. And fire - the campfire, I suppose.

Druids could use it as a spot to watch over Nagrand as some kind of game warden.

Paladins (and I suppose anyone of like-mindedness) could use it to spy on the Fel Orcs to the east, or perhaps use it as a staging area for attacks on the Forge Camps to the west.

Warriors... I suppose could just be a safe camp. You all know how they like to be safe. Behind plate armor and giant shields. Well now, they're above any foe!

So you see, there are many reasons one might want a floating island in the sky to camp on.
Sounds like the one on which the Flying Mount Vendors were, pre-pre-Restart. Those were awesomely useful... Too bad they weren't brought back.

Basically, there was a fortress/orcish Hold on the island, and a few vendors outside it. The Hold was empty.
[Image: 2hhkp3k.gif]
Recommended reads: Divine and Arcane. Also, elves.
Wanna refer me in Tribes: Ascend? Clickies!
(12-09-2011, 07:19 PM)flammos200 Wrote: Sounds like the one on which the Flying Mount Vendors were, pre-pre-Restart. Those were awesomely useful... Too bad they weren't brought back.

Basically, there was a fortress/orcish Hold on the island, and a few vendors outside it. The Hold was empty.

...Must've been a -really- small fortress.
A gnome orc fortress perhaps. :D

There's loads of reasons for a camp on a floatnig island to be, just suppose, ya need a flying mount, but that's about it.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
(12-14-2011, 03:56 AM)Holynexus Wrote: An orcgnome fortress perhaps. :D

^
Orcgnomes need a fortress. For their orcgnomey deeds.

(KYNDARI. That's some strong language above your avatar, missy.)
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Alcaz island Joe2618 4 1,495 09-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  A Roleplay-Friendly Nagrand Noble 7 2,158 12-31-2012, 04:36 AM
Last Post: Holynexus
  WTB: Nagrand Cherries Hexproof 1 710 08-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  Houses in Nagrand? Lynoa06 5 1,298 01-14-2011, 07:31 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  New RP spot: Monastery! Dareksar 8 1,357 08-04-2010, 02:24 PM