The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Raven's Lament
The Diary of Aendron Darkwhisper

Spoiler:
[Image: Brown_inquisition.jpg]

Fancy unto fancy, thinking what this ominous bird of yore
What this grim, ungainly, ghastly, gaunt and ominous bird of yore
Meant in croaking "Nevermore."

For Some Music
Spoiler:

A song befitting of Aendron.

For the first time in weeks, my body did not ache this day. My ability to move has improved greatly, though I can tell my muscle has deteriorated further... Perhaps if I work hard enough, I may be able to regain some use of my legs. A fine day this one has been. Perhaps I should elaborate... One may never know if this book will be all there ever will be to prove my existence was not an illusion or some cruel joke made by the Light.

The Task at Hand.

The Silverfang house has had me under contract for some months now. My job had always been to gather intel that they may need. After my week long rest, I returned to their place of residence with my Brother in hopes of bettering my safety. Brother... I know he hates this places as much as I do. It is far too loud...

But this day is oddly loud. The horrid sound of yelling and the floorboards breaking just above my head. Whoever has angered the young Leron Silverfang must be under some protection of his cousin. The Lord Silverfang must love torturing his family so. At last, there is a break in the fighting. It seemed to have been quite the outburst. Hm. Good thing brother was not here for such noises. He does not need his nerves frayed further. This silence may be my only chance to rest.

I woke from my nap as I normally do. Coughing. Brother was standing by my side as the noise upstairs became another uproar of sorts. He wants to go back home. I know this... But for now, he shall enjoy his milk. it is the least I can do for him. Amongst the noise of the house, Leron had approached me, requesting to speak with me in private. I must keep watch with my Brother... He shall come with me.

Leron Silverfang. He is but a young fire. Not my Brother's fire... No. A different type of fire all together. He spat words of venom strong enough to kill the one that had angered him. His reason for speaking with me alone was to put him in contact with an assassin. Seems the source of his anger has pulled the final straw. My Brother chimed in, seemingly willing to assist in this planned murder. The order was simple. Kill the Lile Sunblade and place the blame elsewhere. Brother can take the kill if he pleases. I can aid much more in covering.

The Execution

Brother had finally managed to pull the target from the other speaking with her. The Lord Silverfang should be just fine speaking with that mage. Watching Brother use the Shadow the way he does... It is hard to believe he had ever dabbled with the Light. Even with his skill, the target managed to slip past. But she will not last long. There is nothing better than being the cat batting around a mouse before eating it alive. Such a wonderful game I get to play with my Brother. We managed to get away from the area as the owner of the estate approached. Dalikan Godford. A human on a high horse is all.

By the time the moon was high in the sky, I looked up from Elend who had been sleeping since my return to the Ghostlands to find a letter. I snatched it from the wind carefully, taking extra caution when examining it. Addressed from Leron Silverfang to myself. What more could that fire of a Sin'dorei need from a tired man such as myself? Bah. I read the letter to find he is quite displeased that his cousin had managed to catch himself in the middle of this. The now late Lord Silverfang, by his accusation, died from our inability to end the target then and there. His ignorance of the situation is his own... He demanded I find a way to make absolutely sure that no one ever knows that he was the one that sent us to attack the girl.

The Coverup

Late the next day I was approached by the young Aenin Silverfang. I could not help but grin that the easiest of Sin'dorei to manipulate was the one seeking me out. He, of course, demanded to know who had attacked the girl. Ahh. I know of this man's past all too well. One of his lungs dies within his chest. His future marriage. Those that he holds dear. The encounters he has had with my dearest Brother. I thought over the possibilities of telling him outright that Leron was the man he was looking for. It would prove to be a fun outcome... But no. That will not be the path I shall take.

His fixation with the androgynous Doran Goldquill boy will be his downfall. Aenin has taken from that boy something that was not his to take. He enraged the poor boy's lover. The poor Larenir. He did not deserve that to happen to his dearest. And my Brother had no choice but to put an end to it. Such a shame. Aenin had been barred from ever having contact with the boy by the name of Doran. Such an easly lie for him to buy into. The boy had expressed his anger towards Aenin's engagement before during one of his forbidden encounters.

I told Aenin that the Doran boy approached me in tears, begging that I keep his friend from making a horrible mistake. Ahh, and Aenin sat there and ate it up. He began to demand that I take him to the boy, to wherever he had been in hiding for so long. If only he could see the smile that played on my face underneath that mask. Maybe then the child might have been more aware of my scheme. The next part was simple. Create an excuse to go with Aenin when he meets with Doran so I can place the feminine one under my control. It will be a simple task for his weak mind. He will tell the Aenin child what he wants to hear so my plan will continue.

I took Aenin with me deep into Felwood where Doran had been training for the past few weeks. I faded into the shadows to assume control of Doran as soon as he came into my field of vision. Aenin, being the predictable one he is began to interrogate the boy, regardless of the silent woman that stared daggers into his back the whole time. She may become useful in my plot in the future.

The mind of Doran is as easy to manipulate as sand on the beach. Perhaps the only thing easier to control would be a simple field mouse. I just had him spout out what I needed to keep the lie going. The best way to make him buy into it is to tell Aenin what he wanted to hear from the boy. Such a simple thing to make Doran say. It seems he has gotten used to saying "I love you" to the Larenir, so making him voice such a statement to Aenin seemed all too easy.

His Fate

Just the perfect words. Aenin left not long after telling the boy of his imminent death, thoroughly upsetting the boy with his parting words. I didn't even need to emulate his frustration. The boy is an emotional wreck and didn't even realize what I had made him tell Aenin. The boy's outburst was of his own free will. After Aenin departed, the silent woman charged him. He seemed so willing to take on his inevitable end... Even when Brother finally made his presence to punish the child.

An odd thing about fate. Though i ran through all of the outcomes in my head, I did not expect the child to live the rage of my Brother and the silent woman. The woman stood by and watched my brother's attack. Even as Aenin's dying lung was ripped from his body and removed through his mouth, she stood by and watched in silence. An enigmatic character she is... But I stood and watched my brother, keeping a close eye on his actions. I could feel him using the Shadow to overpower the child's mind. An internal struggle...

When my brother rose from the child, he ordered the defeated one to stand. And so he did. A slave to my Brother without a question. That grin couldn't help but play once again on my face. A valuable piece in this game of chess I have concocted. Brother is far too kind, after all, he did order Aenin to see to it that I do not meet an untimely end. And without a single objection, he follows through with my Brother's orders. The power my Brother has never ceases to amaze me.

Perhaps I am just a bitter man. Cursed to live in a crippled and near useless body. If that is the truth, then so be it. But these idiots who waste their physical abilities like this, taking advantage of what those of us wish so deeply to have... I love nothing more than to watch their lives fall to shambles. The joy it brings to me... Yes. It seems to let me forget my own pain. It makes it... So much more bearable.

Leron Silverfang. His ego keeps him from seeing his mistakes and the true character of people.

Aenin Silverfang. An idiot who plays into whatever it is he wants to hear, even if it is far from the truth.

They brought this pain upon themselves. They made the first move in this game of chess. Now I shall sit back after my move and see what shall await me. Well... Chess makes it seem to be more like they have the slightest chance of winning. No. This is predetermined now. They cannot stray from the path that I lay for them. They're nothing more than dirt to me. Forced to stay below my crippled feet or smudged away with my weakly finger.
[Image: KceuhuX.gif][Image: eKcKrrq.png]
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
And just when I felt the Light could not be more disgusting.

Countless times I've watched the blind users of the Light do as they please to justify their own greed and personal pursuits. I had to assist a student of my brother's pull his dead lover and friend from a river. Both killed by the senseless brute of a paladin Dalikan Godford. As if being a Light user wasn't enough, he has to be a human as well.

All more fun it will be for me to destroy.

Murdering Doran Goldquill and Urameil Sol'burnne was a foolish move in his part. Now he leaves himself open for the torment that I will bring to him. Oh how I love to destroy the high-and-mighty paladin. His pompous ways and over-inflated ego will be so very amusing to crush. He believes so much that his path is the right one. That is was his duty to kill an innocent student and his teacher.

I will find those closest to the two victims and spread word of their death. I know good and well the contacts of Doran will want blood. He was an innocent child to them, or an object, or a lover. Any which way, I know they will seek Dalikan out and ruin him.

I have already sought out Annabelle Greene, my brother Ralerian, Doran's lover and Urameil's friend Larenir. In time I will find Aydendril and Keyus as well as Arilyn. Aenin. Perhaps others. Only time will tell if I require more.

He is a disgrace to Light users and the embodiment of why I cannot stand the Light. He claims to better the world by removing those he deems to be unworthy by causing pain to others. Ironic? Possibly. I will admit I pass similar judgement, but I will admit I do not hide behind a "greater cause" such as the Light. He cast the first stone, and for that, I earned the right to pass judgement on him. At least I never took a life with the Shadow.
I am tech support

[4:16:27 PM] Cristovao di Silvio ( @"CappnRob"): theres the bar. then theres the bottom of the barrel, then theres you sachi
Spoiler:

Of all the idiotic moves...

Aenin decided it would be funny to choke on the contents of his stomach while drunk. That imbecile. He has done nothing but ruin my plans since he entered the picture. I'll forever curse the name of Aenin Dawnarrow Silverfang... Perhaps I can use his death to my advantage... I'll have to think of ways I can possibly manipulate it. But before I can do any of that, I must know more of the circumstances of his death.

Thinking of all the steps back I have to take now simply infuriates me. I'll have to pull myself into seclusion yet again since my idiot of a student Alonair cannot keep track of a damned thing that crosses his path. And one would expect Annabelle, with what knowledge she has, could have kept the lumbering moron Aenin from dying. Perhaps I placed too much faith in the human since our encounter in Duskwood. it has been some time since that event, yet I remember it quite well. She was the first human to show any sort of compassion to the sick and twisted beast of an elf I am.

I had entered her mind for quite some time... Hours, but it felt only like minutes... The link was exhausting, but worth it.

She seemed like a child to the eyes. Expected. All humans are children compared to the more elder elves. Regardless of her childish appearance, she knew quite a deal. A wise human. Never thought I would say those words together with no negative context whatsoever. She had managed to pull me from my enraged state without having to attack anyone. The flower wreath she had left I feel may still be there. Hrm. What came out of an attack is now an odd cross-factional friendship. So far she is the only human I will accept.

I do not remember the details of our encounter then, most of it lost in the fog of my anger at the time. The only few details I can remember is that, no matter what, she remained calm. She showed no fear. No anger. Only tranquility. It seems that in her short life, she had reached a state that not even I could reach in over my eight centuries of life. Perhaps if more people were like her, I would hate them less.

Perhaps I shall elaborate more on our encounter once the memories form back in my mind properly. I would rather write coherently than in scattered fragments. There may be a chance if I interact with her more, I will begin to remember more and more of the encounter. But for now, I shall wait until the next opportunity to find more people to experiment with. Learning more of their minds and why only their idiocy tends to show through. Perhaps my students could prove use in acquiring this individuals for my experiments. Alonair will prove useful in this aspect seeing as how he already collecting people for himself.

Now maybe if he could keep track of them he would not be such a waste of life like the rest of the world.
I am tech support

Ghardiak is such a kind brother. He has taken his funding to pay for treatments for my condition. I have been receiving treatments regularly now for over a month. Progress is excellent. I wheeze less now. I have a little more control over my arms again. The doctors foresee that I may be able to stand within a few more weeks of therapy. I may be a long way from walking, years from being "normal" once more, but I have needed this treatment. It is the only way to prolong my life span from a few months to a couple years. I've made it more than eight centuries. I've outlived all of the expiration dates they have given me.

The prognosis is grim, they always tell me. You will not live another year. You will surely suffocate under your own weight when you become too weak to breathe on your own. I have survived such a fate many times over. Hrm. I need to get Aenin back under my service somehow. His troll blood potions gave me a boost when I needed it. I also need more brutish people in my service to fend off that whore demon Sangreala. She has taken my nephew and plans to use him against Ralerian. I will not allow such a thing. Perhaps I can persuade the boy to come int my care rather than some fowl mistress who thinks she is powerful. To allow my kin to fall to such a worthless piece of garbage is unacceptable.

Regardless, I will stand by my dearest brother Ralerian to ensure Aydendril does not try anything foolish. Ralerian may not see him as his son, but he is still kin. I will ensure the boy's safety as best I can and deter him from murdering his father. I do not know what I would do if I had lost those on my dearest mother's side of the family. Even if they are only my half-kin, I will look out for them. Ghardiak is possibly the only useful thing my bastard father has ever done right. That and getting out of my damned sight when I was only a boy. he looked down on me? No. I looked down on my weak and pitiful father who couldn't be enough of a man to realize it was his fault that I was born the way I was. I hope he is dead and that his death was as horribly slow and painful as my own shall be.

I will have to make plans to remove Sangreala from the board. I ma have to turn to those disgusting Light users... The only ones I know of that may aid me are Aryeon and Annabele Green. Maybe I shall guise myself as one of the Light to get more to follow me. The sooner that b***h is gone the sooner I could take my nephew into my service. If he has half the talent of Ralerian, then he is far more competent than the others. Pathetic excuses of followers of the Shadow. Zalyen may come close to competence, but he needs to get over being so soft to those around him. Hmm... Perhaps it will make a great defense for him some day. Lure in his enemies with false kindness only to remove them when they least expect it... Clever if that is his plan. If not, then he is an idiot like the rest.

For now I shall tend to my treatments. I will work on gathering Light users and perhaps find a Demon Hunter or something to take down Sangreala. Aydendril will become my asset one way or another. He has my brother's blood. Not that she-beast of a demon's. All I need is a simple sop story of how my only nephew was abducted. They don't need to know that Ralerian gave the child away because of some kodos**t "deal" that demon made with him. I'll see to it she never thinks of using my brother again. I think her head would look nice mounted on my wall.
I am tech support

Thalassian translations
Spoiler:
  • Dalah'surfal - "My love"
  • Kim'jael - "Little Rat"
  • Medivh - "Keeper of Secrets"
  • Malanore - "Traveler"
  • Felo'melorn - "Flamestrike"
  • Anar'alah - "By the Light"
  • Eranu - "Forgot/Forgotten"
  • Quel'zaram - "High Blade"
  • Ronae - "Peace", used in Lordaeron
  • Shorel'aran - "Farewell"
  • Band'or shorel'aran - "Prepare to say 'Farewell'."
  • Bash'a no falor talah, Kim'jael - "Taste the chill of true death, little rat"
official translations pulled from wowpedia and wowwiki. I keep a list of all the officially translated Thalassian terms in my TRP2.

Dalah'surfal Elend Lightborne.
The only person outside of my family that has managed to bring some form of happiness into my life. He is above all of the others. They can only wish to one day come close to reaching his greatness. Regardless, they will fail. I want to protect him and he wants to protect me. We shall not be separated again. He has proposed. I accepted. I had not known he cared so deeply for me. To think one outside my family could have even the slightest emotion towards me fills me with an odd joy I have never felt before. Simply looking at him gives me the feeling of being... Alive. How he finds beauty in my distorted and broken body is beyond me, but I shall not question it. No. I will accept it, for the first time in my life, without question.

We shall remain in Hearthglen until the whore demon Sangr- no, Kim'jael is gone. As much as I love Elend, he is at risk if he leaves the town alone. If our relationship is discovered by Kim'jael, she will try to use him against me. I refuse to let him venture far without me. he sleeps a majority of the time anyways. It should not be hard to keep him close. Now that I know he is safe, I can continue my plans to end the demon and recover Aydendril. So far things have gone well. I have recruited a few burly types and a good friend.

For the safety of identities, all will use a code name. Code terms are also given to objectives and people potentially involved.

Aenin Dawnarrow Silverfang. The first I have recruited. He knows most of the plan. His code name is Medivh. I will make it look as if he were organizing this entire plot to kill Sangreala for upsetting the Goldquill boy. A believable reason for the boy. Should the mission fail, his burden of the loss shall be heaviest.

The Silverfang's Blades have given some support. They are referred to as malanore.

The commander of the Lionhearts has given his support and offered his men and women as aid. Felo'melorn.

Aryeon has offered his support. Anar'alah.

The Goldquill boy had been sticking his nose where he shouldn't. He needs to keep away from Kim'jael's nest. Eranu.

Soon I should gain support of the Argent Crusade. If I shall, then I will have a numerous ally of warriors, Light users, and various types of arcanists... Quel'zaram.

My brothers, belore, I shall try to keep out of harm's way with Elend, Dalah'surfal. Sangreala is the Kim'jael. Aydendril, Ronae, being returned and brought into my service is the main goal. He had better not be harmed or I will see Kim'jael's death is as slow and painful as possible. Only those involved with Operation Shorel'aran will know eachother's code names.

Band'or shorel'aran
It shall be spoken to identify those within the operation. The only proper response.
Bash'a no falor talah, Kim'jael.
I would prefer all of their meetings be within a guarded town. Surely the idiots will stumble. Especially the pawns.

Maybe I am going overboard. Aryeon has warned that I should not underestimate Sangreala... To have a code name for all involved? I believe protecting identities should help if there are any spies working on Sangreala's behalf. Hopefully all on my side of the board shall take initiative and hide their identities when in public and discussing the plans. I will call a meeting to discuss everything in Hearthglen once I have enough of an army amassed to counter whatever moves she makes.

Those of us with true talent do not have to move the queen for checkmate.
I am tech support

I feel my life may draw to an end within the next years. The coughing fits have become more frequent regardless of my treatments. I do not want to scare Elend or to disappoint him... But it is possible our marriage will not last long simply because I will die so much sooner than he. If that be the case, I feel it best to write out a will.

When I leave the realm of the living to embrace the Shadow for eternity, then leave me be if my disease has finally taken me. I leave all that I have, the mass of information I have collected and stored away in Quel'thalas, what money I have, what property I own... All possessions. They shall fall to Dalah'surfal Elend. In the event he is unable to receive or he denies it, then it shall go to my brother Ralerian. If neither are to accept, then to my brother Ghardiak. And if he unable to accept, Zalyen.

I have lived centuries with this condition out of spite. My hate is what had kept me moving for so long. I would want Elend to know that he had changed that for me. My hate did not drive me forward, but my will to see him safe. It is also why I have taken payments from my brother Ghardiak to receive treatments. I wanted to walk again. Not of my own needs for once. For Elend.

I wanted my brother Ralerian to know that I have watched him like a dragonhawk since the day he was born. Even if I am not around, I was looking out for him. Even if I could not do much with my ruined body, I did what had to be done to ensure your safety. Even if you have disowned Aydendril, he still shared our blood. No matter that, it is a bond that cannot be broken. You of all should know this.

Aydendril, my nephew. I have seen you so rarely. Do not think it was because I did not care. I was unable to be with the family for so long due to the condition that will take me. I had to stay for the treatments or I would have died then. I did what I had to in order to survive. You must understand that. I would have taken you under my wing if you had allowed it to be the family I should have been to you.

Ghardiak, even if you came from my putrid father's blood, you are still my kin. You may not have known me for long, but your caring has caused me to look past any resemblance to our father you may have had. Understand my hate for the man since he had abandoned me for my condition. Whether or not it is the same man you knew when you were reared, he was a horrible man who wanted nothing to do with me simply because I was unable to take up his trade.

To Zalyen, you are the most gifted of my students and one of the closest things to a son I will have. I am certain you will live on to do great things with yourself. If my brother Ralerian will take you, he should be able to teach you what I can no longer. Whether or not he shall care for you is uncertain. Do know that I have pushed you hard out of good intentions. Should my condition take my life, you must understand why I chose not to return to a body that has given out on me. It has gone on much longer than it should have by eight centuries.

Lastly, Elend. Do not cry for me when I pass on. Know that I was not ripped away again before my time. I would not want you to mourn the loss. Know that I shall always be with you in the shadows to guide you. I will never leave your side, even after death. Death will never do us part. If I pass before we are wed, know that you have given me more happiness during our time together than I have felt during the centuries before. I know you are not one to be easily flattered, but it is as sincere as I can possibly be. Your beauty was not only in your appearance. The fact that you had cared for a bitter old man such as myself is what had made you truly beautiful.

Know that it is my will to leave the realm of the living if my body finally gives out. It is only a matter of time. I have faced death before. The experience has prepared me. I will accept it and be freed from the pains this body has caused me. My final wish with the living is that when I pass, I am with Elend and Ralerian.
I am tech support

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lament to a Mother's Love Nephuria 0 724 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM
Last Post: Nephuria
  Raven in Flight [Diary] gman12 0 562 03-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Last Post: gman12
  Blades of Aseldor - Contract: Shadow of Raven Hill Jurkey 0 591 12-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Last Post: Jurkey