The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Empty RP Locations
Okay... We've all seen it. RP locations like Zeramas and the catacombs lack interior. I understand the case with the catacombs, because they are large. Also they would be pretty interesting for exploring RP and so on. But Zeramas? For a necropolis it pretty much has.. Nothing in it. Only clear walls and that's it. In my opinion that's what stops people from RP-ing there.
[Image: 2enq6ie.jpg]
19.08.1969 - 15.03.2011
The Red Vanguard has actually had an event in there; a mission to rescue a captured orc of their own.
It was filled with ghouls, abominations, skeletons, coldwraiths, even a Lich, per request.
Ok.. So you're telling me took everything when they left? I'm talking about cages, tables, etc...
19.08.1969 - 15.03.2011
Nope. They weren't there to begin with. Zeramas is empty, as you see it now. Nothing was modified within.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Zeramas Wrote:The necropolis, at present, is completely empty; since this zone was not intended to be flown through while the players quest, it's likely Zeramas was just meant for looks. However, since the subzone can only be discovered by flying up to it, it is possible that Blizzard put it into the game for a future patch.
Rowgen and myself, being the ones that made that event, told a Game Master what we wanted inside (well, Rowgen did most of the job. Thanks, Row!), and s/he, after debating with other GMs, accepted and 'got to work'.
And so, we've gotten ourselves a necropolis, filled with undead to take care of.
(01-07-2012, 04:36 AM)13kira13 Wrote: Nope. They weren't there to begin with. Zeramas is empty, as you see it now. Nothing was modified within.
http://www.wowpedia.org/Zeramas Wrote:The necropolis, at present, is completely empty; since this zone was not intended to be flown through while the players quest, it's likely Zeramas was just meant for looks. However, since the subzone can only be discovered by flying up to it, it is possible that Blizzard put it into the game for a future patch.
Rowgen and myself, being the ones that made that event, told a Game Master what we wanted inside (well, Rowgen did most of the job. Thanks, Row!), and s/he, after debating with other GMs, accepted and 'got to work'.
And so, we've gotten ourselves a necropolis, filled with undead to take care of.

Basically this.

And also, you're welcome, Kira! ^^
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
And why is it left as a RP location?
19.08.1969 - 15.03.2011
Because its still used. Also all these Locations don't need to have full exteriors. Before hand the Catacombs was fully decked out twice. With subtleties as far as rugs, bookshelves and runic patterns, and NPCs. It was wonderful but a lot of work. There has been a lack of interest for the GM's to put effort into any custom area because of the overall flaky use. Only some locations get used. But you can't use all of the locations at the same time and I personally feel its good to have the option when RP arises for that situation. I don't think the locations need anymore furnishing, perhaps its something they will think about if the location gets a heavy rotation. I like the houses in the cities they've spawned. Think that adds a nice bit. Doors are a good touch too. Filling a necropolis seems like it should be back further on the list of things we need the staff to do IMO.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Empty hearthglen houses ProjectRandom 6 1,373 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  RP locations (Cata) Nick 35 5,512 05-01-2013, 07:52 AM
Last Post: Micheru
  NPC Quest/Trainer/Misc locations. Uguu 10 2,161 01-18-2012, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Deoblo138
  Portal Locations: Zones. Stormgald 2 810 05-05-2011, 04:17 AM
Last Post: Stormgald
  RP Locations. Nostra 1 668 01-27-2011, 04:27 PM
Last Post: Etmosril