The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

How to Get a Guild Subforum
For more details about the Guild/Group Subforums, please see this announcement.

Otherwise; to get a subforum for your guild or organization, please fill in the template below and post it in Private Discussion. Keep in mind that more elaborate and thought-out answers are going to take you further and faster towards an approval, as subforums are created for guilds that have proven their need of one. Once it's posted in Private Discussion, the Overseers or Admins will look over it as soon as possible and get back to you about the future of your application.

Code:
[b]Group Name:[/b] In the case of guilds, this will be your guild name. In the case of non-guild organization, this would be what your group is primarily known as. [Ex:DarkUnguildedAssassinninja for a secret assassin group or House Genericname for a noble house.]

[b]Group Leader:[/b] Who is the prime organizer for the group? Likey the one who created it unless they have stepped down.

[b]Group’s overall objective/goal:[/b] What does your group do? Are they a noble house? Are they an army? What do they strive for? If you have a forum post explaining all that, include that with a summary here.

--------------------------------------------------
[b]How long has the group been active?:[/b] We say active rather than ‘how long have you been around’ as not all active groups have been here for a long time, and not all long-time groups have been active.

[b]What steps will be taken to ensure the group will remain active?:[/b] Simply put, many groups fizzle out and die without solid plans to keep them active, most of all when a leader has to take an extended absence. How will you try to prevent that?

[b]How many players [Not characters] are part of the group?:[/b] Not to devalue groups of low membership, but those who have a larger amount of people in it will likely take priority. Small groups of four-six people might be better off organizing in a single thread or skype. Exceptions may exist.

--------------------------------------------------

[b]Why does this group need a sub-forum? What about it cannot be done with a normal post?[/b]: We do not want to give out subforums if they are not going to be used. If the only reason you are applying for one is for the sake of having one, we’d rather not receive an application at all.

[b]Give us an example of some of the threads that will be made:[/b] Easy enough, just list examples of the threads you have in mind. While there is no requirement, more is better.

[b]Closing comments:[/b] Do you have anything else to add to convince us that this group needs a subforum? Questions and concerns are also welcome here.

There are a total of nine prompts, so make sure you scroll down to get all of them for your application.

Outdated post in Spoiler:
Spoiler:
We've changed the process on getting a guild subforum, as they were particularly easy to get before and this led to a large work-load that ended up with little benefit, as few guilds actually used their subforum for much.

If you'd like to get a guild subforum, please have the guild leader make a post in the Private Discussion board. Within the post, use the following template:

Code:
[b]Guild Name:[/b]

[b]Guild Leader:[/b]

[b]IC Purpose of the Guild:[/b]

[b]OOC Purpose of the Guild:[/b]

---------------------------

[b]How long has the guild been around?:[/b]

[b]How many player characters do you currently have? How many players out of those characters?:[/b]

[b]How will you be recruiting members, IC and OOC?:[/b]

[b]Will you be having events with this guild? If so, will they be open to only guild members or others outside the guild?:[/b]

---------------------------

[b]Why does your guild need a subforum?:[/b]

[b]What are your intended uses for the threads within the subforum?:[/b]

Be sure to answer each question thoroughly. Think very carefully before you apply for a guild subforum to ensure that you actually need one and that you would actually use such a subforum regularly, and that it would not be redundant with the current boards already available (such as the Event Planning board.)

If your application is accepted, either myself or Kretol will make the subforum and notify you that the board has been created through the relevant Private Discussion topic.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Is this retroactive for guilds that currently have a sub-forum?
Guilds that already have a subforum are fine. However, we still reserve the right to remove guild subforums for inactivity, at our discretion.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
What exactly would a sub-forum do? What is it?
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Subforums are forums within a forum. The Guild Subforums are for guilds that need and use one.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
But what benifits would happen, besides not having to bump up the guild post every now and then? (I only did that with the Voodoo Adepts, the stuff with the Red Rose is legit :))

Guilds with their own subforums would use them for mostly information organization, as in cases where one guild thread is not sufficient enough or too cluttered to provide for the guild's needs. Examples are <The Argent Crusade>, which the threads are devoted to the army and its community within Hearthglen; <The Love Exchange>, which the threads are used to organize and exchange information for the business and social events on a Neutral basis; and recently <Black Harvest>, which gathers its members of its huge guild to promote and organize activity and Forsaken RP.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Okay, thanks :D

Um, is what I've been doing in my guild post what a sub-forum be for? Because I'm kinda clogging it, but not sure if I should apply...

... Just a bump to notify people that I've updated the OP according to our most recent announcement concerning the guild subforums, as we'd forgotten to update this particular topic until now. :)

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confession [Guild] Reigen 16 7,563 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Inactive Guild Subforums Loxmardin 4 1,641 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Regiment [Guild] Jonoth 14 3,748 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  The Bloodpaw [Guild][Cata] Jonoth 4 1,690 10-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Kage
  The Bloodpaw [Guild] Jonoth 42 6,708 12-14-2012, 10:32 AM
Last Post: Jonoth