The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Confession [Guild]
[Image: FVH2S.jpg]

Confession

Fear is our greatest ally in these coming times, though we do not mean the powers of shadow...

Fear drives a person to be irrational, it drives a person to give up anything in order for that feeling to go away. They give out coin, property and possessions if it means that they can once again feel safe...secure. We will give them this feeling of safety within the embrace of the Light, though it will not come cheap to them. Their gold will be ours, their lands our new homes and their possessions will become our toys. We will take their fear and use it for our benefit. We priests have to make a proper living somehow, after all.

Go forth with the Light, bring redemption to those who can pay. Offer some charity as well in order to convince them of our intent.

~High Confessor Luxanna

Goals

Confession is an organization of 'religious figures' bent on getting their fair share of the worlds coin through 'harmless' means. They seek to use the paranoia of the general public against them in order to make a nice living for themselves. Their greed knows no bounds when it comes to favoring the wealthy over the beggar in the streets, though they are rather subtle about it. While they may not be evil, the end goal is always the same: Wealth.

Wealth can mean a number of things. They mostly take coin in exchange for saving someone's eternal soul from sin and torment so that they may fully embrace the Light when their time comes to pass. If a person cannot pay, the organization is more than willing to accept possessions and pieces of land. How they earn this is different between each member of Confession. Not everyone earns the same.

One of the main payoffs if through hosting confessions. Each time a person comes to confess, they are encouraged to donate a coin for ever sin they feel they have committed so that the Light knows the full extent of their sorrow and will forgive them all the more. In order to keep the Church from breathing down their backs, Confession pays a percentage of their earnings to the official Church so that nothing seems all that amiss.

They also host unofficial donation drives for the Church, only to keep a good majority of the coin raised for themselves. Their doings are not publicly known and most members pass themselves off as part of the main branch.

While the guild will mainly be active in Human lands, other religious figures from any Alliance race are allowed to join so long as they pay their fair share to the High Confessor.

Ranks
  • High Confessor

The High Confessor makes all of the finial decisions within the order. She does the majority of the planning and gets the largest cut out of anything earned, though it's not a dramatic difference. She targets the areas that the rest go to in order to offer 'redemption' to their fellow peers. Disobeying the High Confessor is grounds for dismissal.
  • Confessor

Just as the rank suggests, Confessors do the majority of confessions and have the easiest time obtaining coin. The confessor outfit is not required though encouraged.
  • Father

The job of a Father is to preach to the streets about offering ones self for redemption to the Light before the bad luck spreads. They spread the word of the Light [or whatever is up to par for another race] and how that relinquishing ones possessions might prevent tragedy from striking them. Fathers are allowed to do confessions.
  • Priest

Fully recognized members of Confession are known as Priests. They go around from town to town looking for people who are in need of the comfort of the Light and try to trick people out of their coin. Priests do not do confessions, however they do any other duty one might expect of a priest or equivalent for other races.
  • Acolyte

Those fresh in on the secret of the organization are called Acolytes and tend to do most of the hard labor over the higher ranking members. Typically they scour the papers and listen on the streets for any recent tragedies that Confession can take advantage of.

ALL RANKS ARE EXPECTED TO BE SUBTLE ABOUT OBTAINING WEALTH. If you fail, try again on the next person!

Joining

To join the guild, simple catch me on Luxanna or shoot me a PM over the forums and we'll set something up. Feel free to whisper me if I am on another character as well. Joining does not have to be an IC meeting, you are free to say your character has been in the guild for a while. Be sure when joining in that way that you tell me what position the character would be in. All new IC joinings will be Acolytes until they prove themselves worthy of a higher rank.

What Classes can join?

You might think you'd need to be a priest to get in on the dirty fun, but that's not true at all. You don't even need to know magic, or worship the Light. You just need to know how to use words to make others part with coin and possessions. Any class may join so long as they can pass off their doings as for the Light. Even necromancers and warlocks have their place within, though as far as everyone else knows, all are priests. In face, necromancers might be rather good in making a grieving family pay some good coin for a 'holy' ceremony allowing them one last word with their loved one.

They don't need to know you control the words.

The only classes that may have a hard time explaining their involvement would be shaman, paladins and death knights. If they can be explained well enough, then I'd be happy to accept both.
I was wondering, why do I have so much alts...It's because everyone's making these awesome guilds.>.<
O.T: I guess it's time to make another alt. I want in! =)
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Cool.
Finally, an excuse to dress a character in mageweave!
Quote:[8:53AM] Cassius: Xigo is the best guy ever. he doesn't afraid of anything.
You needed an excuse?
Have you ever seen legend of the seeker? Do confessions work like that?
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
(01-04-2013, 05:46 PM)Reigen Wrote: They give out coin, property and possessions if it means that they can once again feel safe...secure. We will give them this feeling of safety within the embrace of the Light, though it will not come cheep to them. Their gold will be ours, their lands our new homes and their possessions will become our toys. We will take their fear and use it for our benefit. We priests have to make a proper living somehow, after all.

I smell a reference to feudal, dark age Europe.

Nevertheless, this is exciting. Do you have any specific Alliance land you plan on centralizing the activity for the guild, or are the confessors just scattered here and there?
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Cunning. Very much so.

However, I have a question. Providing that Human Light depends of what the priest/paladin does.. Is this group actually using the light or is it just words? I have doubts that the light would answer to these people.
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
I suggest looking up confessions, Ormica, I've not seen the movie you are talking about.

My plans are to focus mostly around Stormwind, Westfall and Duskwood, then spread out once we get into Cataclysm as so much will be going on then.

Paladin's likely would have a hard time justifying their faith to the Light here, however Priests could still use the Light. Priests do not stand up to the same code of paladins and can pretty much use the Light so long as they have faith in themselves and their doings. Hence the joke about dwarven priests who use light while believing in the power of BOOZE. A good amount of the group will likely use the Light, however that doesn't mean all will and I would happily accept characters who are posing as priests. The organization would know, the populace? Not so much.
In my opinion, using words mostly would be very interesting. But it looks like an interesting guild, good luck with it~
[Image: pj3isZU.gif]

[Image: 43883.png]
(01-04-2013, 11:38 PM)Ormica Wrote: Have you ever seen legend of the seeker? Do confessions work like that?

I'm convinced that in this case it is simply referred to the act of speaking to a member of the clergy about your sins and dark thoughts so you can be free and pure. For more details check this out; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confession_%28religion%29

I might be wrong, but I don't think this guild is about supernatural mindcontrol like in the "Legend of the Seeker". This was however briefly touched upon by some blood elven guild some time ago I believe.
(02-24-2012, 10:15 AM)Piroska Wrote: Conspiracy. That's all it is; Kret's afraid that your pure, digital awesomeness would crash the server if it were allowed.
(06-14-2013, 05:42 PM)McKnighter Wrote: Bovel, Lord of Beards

Character About Involvement
Causticity Blackbreath Goblin Alchemist -
Telaah Draenei Anchorite Writings of an Anchorite

[Image: kiXJxhI.gif]
This guild might be referencing the history and abuse of indulgences, to be more specific.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
Sounds like a swell bunch of chaps for Cristovao to get ANGRY about!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
My. There sure are a lot of tragedies out there. Maybe the Light is punishing us for our sins.

Sure seems like a good time for a Confession, now doesn't it?

[Post updated.]
Time for Kitson to fall into a bad crowd.

AGAIN.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Get a Guild Subforum Grakor456 9 2,985 02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Inactive Guild Subforums Loxmardin 4 1,641 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Regiment [Guild] Jonoth 14 3,748 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  The Bloodpaw [Guild][Cata] Jonoth 4 1,690 10-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Kage