The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Bloodpaw [Guild]
[Image: jonoth-The-Bloodpaw.jpg]

Who will be part of the crew of
Captain Jonoth Shyemlye's ship "The Bloodpaw"?
YOU OF COURSE!

Who We Are

After betrayal led to the deaths of Jonoth Shyemlye and most of those that served beside him in the Kul Tiras navy, they have rose again to seek vengeance on their former captain and to carve out their place on the high seas of Azeroth! Untiring, relentless, vicious, and thrill-seeking, these masters of the ocean have taken their fate into their own hands, loyal to each other and the sea that binds them.

Joining The Crew

NOTE: The Bloodpaw is now open to all races and states of living and unliving!

To be a part of the guild means that you either died alongside Jonoth and was a member of the same Kul Tiras ship he was on (read Jonoth's history for info), or are a fresh recruit onto what will someday be the most dreaded vessel of the Great Sea! If you wish to have known Jonoth previously, send me a PM so we can discuss the details of their prior relationship! Otherwise, all fresh recruits will be RPed into the guild, so find me on Jonoth or one of my myriad of alts and whisper me to join!

Upcoming events for The Bloodpaw are posted in this thread, so stay tuned!

Also, you can read this awesome guide by Piroska for basic nautical terms we'll likely employ!

Ranks
  • Admiral - Captain and leader of The Bloodpaw. Currently held by Jonoth Shyemlye.

• First mate - Jonoth's second in command. Spock to Jonoth's Captain Kirk (minus the numerous "conquests" on other worlds).

• Quartermaster - Resourceful, the ship's "Red" to Jonoth's "Andy Dufrain". The man, or woman, who knows how to get things.

• Navigator - An experienced traveller, getting The Bloodpaw from point A to point B in one piece. Most of the time.

• Doctor - I know what you're thinking, but even walking bonesacks need medical attention, and the good doctor helps the crew literally keep it together, or replaces limbs with awesome prosthetics!

• Chaplain - Like Robin Hood had Friar Tuck, The Bloodpaw welcomes it's holy and unholy brethren to offer their blessings to the ship! Better to be lucky than dead(er), right?

• Mates and Deckhands - These fearless pirates have the choice of having known Jonoth previously and died alongside him, or being fresh recruits to the ship!

IC Rules
  • Mutiny will be met with death. The Captain promises to make it more spectacular than your first.
  • If you are caught doing something profoundly stupid, you must get yourself out of your own trouble to prove yourself worthy of being part of this crew.
  • All booty will be divided evenly among the crew. We are a family, and greed is for the living.
  • Lie and you will lose your tongue. Steal and you will lose your hands. Try to run away from punishment and you will lose your legs. The Captain is easy-going unless you violate the loyalty of the crew. In those instances he will be the most wicked and cruel overseer you will ever meet.
  • We do not have a uniform. If you do something stupid, we do not want to be identified with it.

OOC Rules

Follow the rules of the server. Simple, right?

C.E.C. - The Bloodpaw Combat System

The Bloodpaw employs a simple trust-based combat system for most of its adventures called the C.E.C. System™, which follows this rotation:
  • Commander - Most of the time this will be Captain Jonoth, but may also be the IC leader in his absence. The commander will emote an attack, command, or both. An example would be: Jonoth charges forth with his sword raised, shouting "Attack tha eneny!"
  • Enemy - The enemy will perform an action, either an attack, retreat, or preparation. The crew will follow it up by emoting a response to the attacks, whether defense or being hit.
  • Crew - The crew members get their round to attack the enemy or heal wounded crew mates. For the sake of simplicity and consistency, the roll order will always be alphabetical.

[Image: 200px-Bloodpaw-icon.png]
I do want to make a Forsaken for this idea, now. Thanks for making me want to be in a second guild, dude!
(02-20-2012, 11:35 AM)Jonoth Wrote: [*]We do not have a uniform. If you do something stupid, we do not want to be identified with it.

Just... awesome. That line made my night. What kind of doctor are you looking for besides Forsaken? Arcane/shadow mage, Warlock, first-aid nub, holy light Priest?

The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Fantastic. :D I'd love to get the Harvest RPing with you guys. Might muster up a character for you yet!
Quote:Quartermaster - Resourceful, the ship's "Red" to Jonoth's "Andy Dufrain". The man, or woman, who knows how to get things. Rank is currently open!
That comparison there made my morning. Good luck!
(02-21-2012, 12:15 AM)Ural Wrote: What kind of doctor are you looking for besides Forsaken? Arcane/shadow mage, Warlock, first-aid nub, holy light Priest?

The doctor (or doctors if we have interest from more than one) could be either someone that uses non-Light based healing (ie Death Coils), or someone that understands practical first aid and medicine. An apothecary could easily fill this role as well.

(02-21-2012, 12:34 AM)Sol Wrote: Fantastic. :D I'd love to get the Harvest RPing with you guys. Might muster up a character for you yet!

I'd like either option! If you want to make a character, I'd love to have you, and interaction between the guilds works fine as well! The Bloodpaw is based more in adventuring than nationalism, but I'm sure there can be a reason for the two groups to interact!
I will not roleplay another sailor, I will not roleplay another sailor...

That said, if you need help with terms and the like, I'd recommended hitting my old guide, So You Want to Sound Like a Sailor! It'll help you get a lot of that jargon more or less correct. It's specific to the Frostbrand, but most of it is fairly consistent for the ships used in-game.
(02-21-2012, 03:01 PM)Piroska Wrote: I will not roleplay another sailor, I will not roleplay another sailor...

That said, if you need help with terms and the like, I'd recommended hitting my old guide, So You Want to Sound Like a Sailor! It'll help you get a lot of that jargon more or less correct. It's specific to the Frostbrand, but most of it is fairly consistent for the ships used in-game.

It took looking at this for all of about three seconds to realize just how awesome and useful it will be! I'll likely link to it in the first post after I've gotten to read through it myself. You rock as always Piroska!

Also...

You will roleplay another sailor, you will roleplay another sailor...
So, Jonoth, what're you looking for in a First Mate?
(02-21-2012, 03:17 PM)Avon Wrote: So, Jonoth, what're you looking for in a First Mate?

Tall, dark haired, has most of her limbs and teeth, like long walks on the ship...oh wait...wrong kind of mate XD

I won't have a First Mate right off the bat. Uthaniel had originally created a character for it, but under the circumstances, I'll say his character has gone out to explore on his own. So whoever will be the first mate will earn it through the course of RP. And I wish to do that with the Quartermaster as well, unless the character with that role previously returns. Doctors are probably the only ones that will gain their rank purely by being that profession.
Alright, a good way to choose a First Mate I daresay! Anything specific you want in your mateys?
(02-21-2012, 03:35 PM)Avon Wrote: Alright, a good way to choose a First Mate I daresay! Anything specific you want in your mateys?

Just a desire to explore, and a willingness to do what is needed! If they follow the IC rules of the ship then they won't have to worry about becoming shark food.

OOCly, I'm all about having fun. Whether your character is the stoic, quiet type or the slapstick comedian type, as long as we all have fun anyone is welcome to join!
(02-21-2012, 03:11 PM)Jonoth Wrote: Also...

You will roleplay another sailor, you will roleplay another sailor...

YOU HAVE NO POWER OVER ME.

Also, damnation. I'm thinking about another sailor-type character. Blech.
I'd like to be a doctor! I'm going to an undead bandage-doc. Got enough healy-caster folks. His name will be Dugan and I will contact you about their previous relationship if possible!

Started a Workshop Profile.

Also, 400th post ftw.

The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Question:

Would all your crew have to be Forsaken?
(02-22-2012, 07:24 AM)Ural Wrote: I'd like to be a doctor! I'm going to an undead bandage-doc. Got enough healy-caster folks. His name will be Dugan and I will contact you about their previous relationship if possible!

I look forward to hearing from ya!

(02-22-2012, 07:58 AM)zenethen Wrote: Question:

Would all your crew have to be Forsaken?

Nope! However, the whole crew will consist of dead people, so if not rolling a Forsaken, the rest of the crew will consist of Death Knights from whatever race you choose.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confession [Guild] Reigen 16 7,563 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Last Post: muhaha8
  How to Get a Guild Subforum Grakor456 9 2,985 02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Inactive Guild Subforums Loxmardin 4 1,641 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Regiment [Guild] Jonoth 14 3,748 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Last Post: Franksta96
  The Bloodpaw [Guild][Cata] Jonoth 4 1,690 10-13-2013, 06:36 PM
Last Post: Kage