The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wings of Words

As far as she could see, there was only sea, and rain. Celes had been unlucky enough. One delivery she had to make, this new DF-01 Nightmare, to Northrend, more specifically at Fizzcrank Airstrip. The engineers had managed to transport it to Dalaran, but she’d have to fly it the rest of the way by herself. It had been a calm trip so far but at some point, a storm blew over the continent and Celes found more prudent to fly across the coast, where the sky seemed clear. As appearances deceive, soon the coast had been invaded by the storm just the same as the continent. Having nowhere safe to land, nor daring to risk it by flying higher, Celes stayed into the storm.

Maybe the Airstrip wasn’t so far and she’d made it in time. Maybe she’d land safely and enjoy a warm drink into a safe tent, while she waited for the storm to pass. Maybe in just a few hours she would be back to the warmness of her bed and she would be listening again to the crying of her daughters, rather to the ominous howling of the storm. Lightning began to fall from the sky and strike on the earth, sending booming sounds across the space. The winds became stronger but the aircraft was sturdy enough to hold it for now.

Her hands shaking on the stick, Celes swiped some cold sweat away from her eyebrows. Leaning back against the seat, she kept a firm grip on the stick, maintaining the aircraft in a straight line. The whole airframe was shaking with the air pressure and it lasted for a good while, maybe five or eight minutes. For a moment, she feared the aircraft would begin to break up. Hitting the thrusters, she broke through a cloud and the winds seemed to calm around the aircraft, though all she could still see was mist and a soft pouring of water.

Finally relaxing, she dropped her shoulders a little. “Thank Goo---“. Her statement was interrupted by a massive gust of wind blowing at the right side of the aircraft. She bit her tongue in the middle of her words and felt a bitter, iron taste fill her mouth. Sealing her lips, she tried to reach for the stick, her body being thrown from side to side even if she had the safety belt on. The world was spinning around her, cracks and booms heard at every direction. Her view started growing blue and the pressure into her head broke into a strong pain. Dizzy, she barely managed to make the airplane stop spinning before feeling her limbs grow weaker and her vision fade.

There was an ear-bursting crash, then silence...

Celes opened her eyes a few minutes. There were sparks coming from the aircraft, and mud, and blood. It was what she could perceive so far. Her whole body hurt but once she looked down at it, it seemed to be fine. Still, it hurt. Maybe there was some internal wound, or even a broken bone. Weakly, she dragged herself out of the broken cockpit. Leaning over the edge, she tried to land on her legs, but just flipped in the air and fell to her back, sending another heavy wave of pain through her muscles. Panting and looking around, she saw pieces of the airframe spread in a wide area. She had landed into a kind of forest. Maybe it was Scholazar… What was its name again? Pain. Moving like a caterpillar, she managed to hide under a piece of broken wing.

And then darkness came again, stealing her senses and pushing her into an exhausted slumber.

It was happening. The nightmare she had. It had come true…

((This happening occurred a couple days earlier, IC’ly. Members of Enigma Tech and close acquaintances of Celes might have heard that she did not return from Northrend yet. Enigma’s aerial squadron, Sagittarius, is out in search flights to try and find any clues of Celes. Feel free to add any posts related to the matter, though Celes is somewhere isolate and no one will find her for now.))
Anasarnia.

Anasarnia's eyes narrowed at the formal letter, her brow furrowed deeply in concern.

"Dear Miss Anasarnia. We regret to inform you that your friend Celes has been missing... We fear the worst..."

She muttered again and again, hands crumpling the paper. The large man she came to know as her mate was sitting besides her, a large hand around her shoulders offering naught but a comforting squeeze. She intertwined her hands in front of her head, resting her forehead on her knuckles, grumbling in agitation to her lack of ability to go and help. The best she could do was pray.

"Light, hear the pleas of your servant... Please, bring Celes back home safely... Don't let her daughters grow without a mother... Don't leave Kapre without a mate... Don't leave me without my best friend..."

She prayed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Roka.

"Oi, lass!" The burly scottish accent rang out to Roka's ear. The short Orc was in her tent, cleaning and clearing her rifle before the commander of her division stepped in. A short well groomed Dwarf, and a rather close friend to Roka.

"Aye, capp'n?" She said, her expression unreadable underneath the mess of red hair and the white mask covering her mouth.

"We got anotha' one." He said, his voice grim as was his experssion. Roka sighed and shook her head, slinging the rifle over her shoulder and standing up, her thick fur boots against the thick cloth of the tent. "Dumb bastards. Don't they know to take a-"

"This ain't a scoutin' task, lass." She was cut short by her commander. "An airship, carryin' some'tin o' ours crashed, and we'ave no idea wha' ta' expect. Ye'll be goin' on it alone, lass. Ah' know how ye' are with teammates." He winked to the Orc knowingly. "Light bless, Roka. An' elements too, or whateva' ya' might believe in. We got all ya' need fer' this in the briefin' room. G'luck."

Roka nodded to the Dwarf, saluting to the man who acted as her father for so long. Beneath the mask her lips curled to a smile and a snicker. "I believe in m'gun. Nothin' else." She walked outside, collecting her thoughts.

"Poor son'a b***h..." She felt the scar on her left hip. "Won't he be happy ta' see me?" A gentle growl and a soft batting against her back of the large white bear so happily snoozing outside her tent now at her side made her look to him. "You too Ogroth..." She pat the bears head fondly.

Her rifle strapped to her back, she began a light mild run to the assumed latest position, the white bear never leaving her side, the two white forms so well hidden among the snow of Icecrown.

The Dwarf watched as she left, pipe between his lips, and smoke clouding around his head lightly. "G'luck, Roka... Come back safe."

He sighed and entered his tent once more.

((Because multi-character posts are the win!))
"Look what Daddy has brought you," Kapre says as he looks over the bed with a smile on his face. The two little girls, Aria and Melodia, look up upon the sound of their father's voice, their eyes widening in wonder. Two small chains with little draenic amulets hung over them, glimmering with gems refined by their jewelcrafting parent. The girls stared, their tiny clutching hands opening as they attempted to reach for the pendants. Melodia even kicked some, hitting Aria with her tiny hoof and making her cry.

Kapre pouted. "Awww... s'okay, it's okay," he says with a soft mutter, separating the girls a little and patting Aria on the scratched side. He smiles, acknowledging what could be a future rough little girl in Melodia. "Now, now... we wouldn't want either of you be fighting, now, would you? It's bad enough my twin sister nearly gouged my own eye out." Kapre lowered himself to lift Melodia in the air and into his arms. He places the small pendant around her wrist. It's an ruby with a golden frame, and behind it, the name "Melodia" was inscribed on the back in tiny Draenic, Common, an Orcish. After this, he did the same for the sister, in her fragile wrist a silver-framed sapphire and her own name "Aria" written behind it. He proudly holds both girls up, smiling at his work.

"Ah, if only your mother can see you right now," he says softly as he plants gentle kisses on his daughters' foreheads. His tendrils perk as thuds can be heard outside the cabin door. A young male's voice calls out, raspy with exhaustion but nevertheless hopeful to be heard.

"Boss? Boss, it's me!"

Kapre sighs in relief as he tucks the girls in, laying them on their backs. As soon he did, though, Aria rolls onto her belly. The father smiles as he watches, the door before him swinging as Kantado peers in. The young elf is ragged and dirty, clearly fatigued, as if he has been travelling a long time.

"By the Light of the Naaru, Kantado! What happened to you?" Kapre gasps.

"A long story, and one I'd rather not get into right now," Kantado says forlornly, wiping some sweat off hir brows. "I just ran into some trouble coming here, s'all... but I'll be all right."

"Do wash up, my friend," Kapre says as he welcomes the elf into his home. He leads Kantado into the room with a washbasin as he held the smaller one's arm up to his face to examine it. "You're all bruised up and scratched... did you have a scuffle?"

"I said it's a long story."

"I'm willing to listen, dear friend."

Kantado sighs as he stood at the doorway of the room, setting his backpack onto the wall next to it. "Okay... I'll tell you when I'm done."

"-and after that," Kantado finished off his story over a mug of warm tea and hot stew. "we were ambushed by mounted highwaymen. Six of them. I was able to distract them in Bear form, but ultimately it was Priestess Maganda who spooked them away."

"Spooked?" Kapre asks as he sat across his employee from across the table. His daughters slept on a bed not far away.

"She's a priestess, like I said. She used the power of Elune to bestow fear into the hearts of enemies... something to that effect, I think."

"Ahh... Anchorites do something similar," Kapre says as he drinks. "So... why were you accompanying her again? I thought you're courting Isolia." He chuckles at his own joke.

Kantado, thankfully, recognizes that this is yet another josh at his expense, and he shares the chuckle. He responds with seriousness despite of this. "I still am... but to answer your question, it's to help with her own beloved."

"I'm sorry?"

"Awit Forestdream. Isolia and I met him once. It turns out, when I met Maganda, she was his betrothed. But.... recently, he disappeared. Maganda can't find him, and now she's horribly worried. I saw her crying one time.... it's what urged me to help her find him."

The draenei falls almost deathly silent. "...because you felt sorry for her?"

"That...." Kantado starts. "And.... well. I can't imagine how it feels to possibly lose someone." He looks up to Kapre anxiously.

The Boss looks back. His eyes lower somberly, a saddened smile appearing on his face. "I know the feeling. I am grateful you are helping someone from losing her loved one. Very grateful." His eyes glance at the side of his desk as he says this.

Kantado notices the glance and looks at the same direction. A small box rests at the corner of the desk, wrapped with ivory paper and tied with a silvery bow with white ribbons folded to resemble a paper rose. A small note is attached to it, which Kantado recognizes the writing to be Draenic. "Ahh... for Celes?"

"Yes."

"Where is she? I haven't seen her since she started her own business."

Kapre looks down, with sadness evident in his voice. "She left some time ago to make a delivery... but that was some time ago." He sighs. "I've been keeping busy in her absence. I made her this-" he says as he points to the box, as well as slipping out a messy piece of paper among crumpled pages. "-as well as this." He slides the sheet to Kantado. "I'm not good at things like this....mostly because, well, I can't write fancily at all in Common, and it's difficult as is in Orcish. We speak differently when doing so in Draenic. It's a challenge."

"I know that feeling," Kenny says with a smile. "I still struggle with my Common when I'm so used singing in Darnassian. But.... if you need any help with coming up with something in Common, I can certainly help." He peers at the sheet. "What exactly is this?"

"A surprise for Celes. And I will be needing your help, yes."

"Okay! Perhaps I can.... h-help you when you're ready." Kantado's ears droop as his mouth gapes wide open for a yawn and his eyes blink sleepily.

Kapre raises his brows and smiles once again. "I'm ready... but you're not, it looks like. Why don't you sleep? I'll lend you a bed tonight."

"Thanks, Boss. We can start working when I wake."

The stars speckled across the night sky twinkled as Kapre leaned against the railing of the ship. He held the little wrapped gift box in his hands as he stared across the horizon, his glowing draenei eyes dimming with sorrow. He's surely missing Celes, now that Kantado brought up the idea of losing someone. His mind drifts to Draenor, to the Bloodlust. To when he lost his first love. He thought he would never love again since then, but that was proven wrong. Still.... worry wracks his heart, and it's a feeling that prevented him from sleeping. His fingers wrap around the folded papers tenderly, drifting to the note he wrote. "Celes". It's a name that is inscribed into his heart like the names of his daughters on their pendants. It shares a place with the girls, and it'll surely be there to stay. Still... this worry overwhelms him. He looks back into the ship, then down the boarding plank and into the docks of Ratchet. He feels tempted to simply send the gift... but this is something he'd rather present in person.

Maybe I'll just write a letter to her.

Kapre double checks on his sleeping guest as well as the girls as he wrote his letter. Kantado is fast asleep, tucked into the bed right across the baby draenei. Deciding that this is probably the best way to ensure his daughters' safety in his brief absence, Kapre dashes off the boat, his hoofs clacking along the port's boards. He races to the nearest mailbox, ready to slip in the letter he made. However, he stops, seeing how he now has one sent to him. Kapre pauses for a moment to open the letter before sending his, hoping it's about Celes. And he was right.

Quote:To Kapre:

We regret to inform you that Celes has been missing. We fear for the worst, but we have begun our search. We will contact you for any updates.

Sagittarius

Kapre falls to his knees at the sight of the letter's contents. He's shaking now, his tail twitching and his hands trembling as they grip the letter. His mail falls from his arm, the unsealed letter exposed. The letter slips out, the wind blowing onto it as it reads:

Quote:My love,

I miss you dearly. I hope for you to come home soon, as I have something to give to you. I have taken to consideration our last conversation, and I am so very sorry I did not open my heart as widely as you had hoped. I wish to change that. I wish to bring us closer despite our long absences. If you can, I hope we can spend some more time together. I have a gift I wish to give to you in person.

I look forward to the day you return to me in my arms. Please respond to me soon as you can.

I love you.

~Kapre
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
One day and half had passed, and at this point Celes had managed to do most of the damage assessment and whatever possible precautions she could take.

The campfire was a little concealed under the wing wreck where she had passed out the other night. Other than this wing, the aircraft seemed to be scattered in a long line. Its other wing was missing, making her wonder if it had torn broken during the fall. The tail and most of the airframe was twisted and bent, cracked. Maybe someone could use a part or two from the engine, and the weapons, but other than that the aircraft was beyond recovery. She managed to recover a few of her belongings from the compartment area and it was now scattered in front of her.

An assault rifle, bearing the emblem of Enigma Tech, lined up with three ammo clips. Both her long, slender swords, still in their sheathes (though those were a little burned). A pair of clothing sets, mostly meant for casual situations, but those wouldn't be useful except if she needed to use the cloth. A small first aid kit. She had used her gift to heal her bruises, rather than spending said kit. She knew the kit could come to be important at some point, and it couldn't be recharged, unlike her healing gift. A few cans of emergency ration and a canteen with water. Less important for her survival, there was a picture of Kapre, Melodia and Aria, with herself holding both girls. A locket with a smaller drawing of Talesta and her, recently given by her friend. One rifle round, given by Beala, the crystal tip glowing faintly. One good-luck charm given by Kapre. Lastly, a baby bottle. How did that even end up there?

"No idea...". She muttered before standing up. Her pilot suit had suffered very little damage, thankfully, even if it didn't stop her from being bruised. It hurt for her to move her tongue. She had cut it during the fall, biting it by accident. Her muscles weren't hurting as much as they were earlier, but she still felt sore and tired, wanting to sleep. However, she knew those first hours were crucial for her survival.

Celestia tapped her hoof impatiently against the dirt. What did she needed first? A comfortable bed. No, idiot, wrong choice. Then what? Maybe ice cream, or chocolate milk, that would be nice. Again, wrong answer. She ruffled her messed hair. "I need to braid it.". No, again. "You aren't home, stop acting like a little princess.". She groaned to herself and softly slapped her cheeks. "Thinkthinkthink... What will I nee--- Water!". A fist was hit against her palm, her smile widening.

After properly hiding her belongings and supplies into a crude box she made with pieces of the aircraft, she buried the said box and lowered a large piece of fuselage over it. Hopefully, no wild animal would find it. Now, she had a focus, an objective. Find water. She needed it. The canteen was almost empty, since she drank too much water earlier. Now she had to save that little water she had until finding more. Flinging the rifle over one shoulder and strapping her swords to her hips, she carefully left the crash site. From time to time, she marked her way by drawing slashes across trees that stood out.

She had to find water, before those creatures from her nightmare found her. Swallowing, she felt her hands shaking, but gripped them into fists to try and gather some courage. Her muscles ached at each step. Find water. Survive. Quickly, before your body gives in.

She wouldn't die. Not today. She couldn't die.

Kapre... Aria... Melodia...

She couldn't afford to not be invincible...
It was useless...

The stupid forest seemed to have no end. She walked around, in circles, in lines, trying to find a source of water, but she couldn't? Why? All those trees looked so green. There were even small animals around. They had to find this water somewhere. Maybe it was from rain? She wasn't sure, but all that was left from the storm that shot her down was mud and a few droplets over leaves. Celestia leaned her back against the tree. The crash zone wasn't far.

She licked her lips, hoping to deceive her thirst. It didn't work much, if anything, it only made her mouth feel drier. Leaning forward, she groaned as her thighs hurt with strain. Taking a few steps forward in order to resume her walk, she soon found herself on the ground, supported by her knees and hand. It was all spinning again. A flash hit her mind. She was back into the DF-01 Nightmare, the aircraft spinning around without control. The safety belt prevented her from being tossed around too much, but she did recall something hitting her head. Maybe she had a concussion? That would explain why she felt dizzy and tired ever since early.

Her fingers wrapped around the mud, sinking in. Celestia lowered her head until her forehead touched the ground. For almost ten minutes she stayed like that, wishing this would just be over already. Hoping she'd wake up from this nightmare or that someone would find her already. She gave the ground a soft punch, then another, panting. "Stop being weak...". She muttered. "Stop being helpless. You can't give up and die yet...". Looking over her shoulder, she saw nothing but nature life. Eyes narrowing, she recalled the dark creatures from her nightmare.

Back in the nightmare, they caught up to her at night, and ate her alive. She couldn't move, but it felt like a world of pain. Grabbing her rifle, she leaned on it to stand up again and pointed the gun towards the treeline. "... They're not here, Celes, they're not here...".

"I hope I'm right...".
Kapre spent the rest of his days wracked with worry.

On one chilly day, Tibalan and Mahen'tosh trekked across the Ratchet dock before walking up the boarding plank. Kantado was there, seated on an unloaded cannon as Melodia and Aria crawled across the floor. Upon seeing the Tauren and Orc, they stopped to stare.

"Ahh, why hello there, you precious little things," Mahen says with a toothy grin. He nods at Kenny. "Greetings, Kantado. Where is your boss?"

Kantado points up to the crow's nest of the ship. "Up there. He's meditating."

"I see," Mahen'tosh says somberly. He looks at Tibalan. "Do you mind if I climb up?"

"Can....you?" Tibalan says slowly. He looks up and down the orc, doubtful of his physical prowess. "I can.... ask Kapre.... to come down....and talk."

"No need," Mahen'Tosh says as he looks up. Walking a little with his head raised to the sky, he sees the light of summon totems within the crow's nest, as well as balls of water orbiting around it. "If he's meditating, then let him be as he communes with the spirits. He needs this. We'll speak to him when he's ready."

By the time he was done, Kapre has climbed down and walked through the cabin door. Tibalan is seated on a chair, facing Mahen'tosh and Kantado as both sat on the two beds besides the desk. The girls are playing with small rag dolls, newly sewn together to resemble draenei. Kapre tilted his head at his guests, eyeing them and then the dolls. "I didn't think you'd come so soon.... are those the girls' presents?"

"They certainly are," Mahen says. "I understand what you are going through... this is certainly urgent." He nods at the dolls. "I requested Mana'gal to make those. She is good with children. I told her to come here too, but she will be arriving late. She's still training for her om'riggor."

"I see," Kapre said as he comes forward. He takes another chair and sits down. "I truly thank you for this.... but I really didn't expect either of you to come so soon."

The orc waves his hand. "No worries, Kapre. We want to help. As you lost Mahala long ago, I lost Ka'wal... the pains of widowhood still sting my heart." His eyes lower sadly. "But to suffer it again a second time... I cannot imagine what it can do to a man as lovesick as yourself. If it were me, I'd be completely destroyed."

"If it was me," the draenei says. "I would be more than destroyed."

"You still have your daughters," Kantado says as he glances at the girls. Aria crawls close to Kantado's lap, reaching for the elf's lute as it rested on the pillow. "We want to help. We can even set sail for Northrend. Do you still have those murlocs on board?"

"I doubt they can come with us. We'll have to man the ship ourselves if we're to go to Northrend... but I fear doing so."

"Pray that the elements be with us as well sail. Tibalan and I will pray with you."

Kapre slumps on his seat, burying his face into his hands. "I can't believe this is happening to me.... I am very sorry to ask of you for this."

"Any...thing.....for....... a friend," Tibalan says as he smiles sheepishly. "For.... you.... for..... Celes... for.......Ar...ia... and..... Mel...o....dia." He looks around the cabin. "Will...... five.....peop...le.... be.... enough.... to.....sail.....the.... Love Boat?"

"More would be appreciative, but I think we can manage five."

Mahen raises his brows. "I can request Mana take a break from her training so we can get an extra hand."

"I can..." Tibalan starts. "...get... my sisters... to help too."

The draenei raises his palms. "No... please.... this isn't necessary. We can try to manage five, if only-"

"You scratch our backs, we scratch yours," Mahen'tosh says as he stands up. "Such is the way of my people.... a gesture I extend to you. I am grateful enough that you nursed me back to health after the Torr incident. Tibalan here for Celes assisting in the rescue of his sister. I am unsure of how Kantado fits in all this... but we're all here to help. Trust us, Kapre. If you deny us all any ability to help, we may regret it once the bad news comes in."

"No... no!" Kapre stands up as he grips the horns on his head. He paces around, his voice booming. "Don't say that! She's alive, I just know it! She's strong, a warrior goddess... I always told her this! She's smart, she's feisty, she's.... practically invincible." He sighs as he trembles. "She'll come back to me... she's probably just... having difficulty coming back, s'all. Or waiting for me to pick her up, and her letter's delayed in coming back, or..."

Kantado's ears droop further than it has before. He looks at his other two companions. "I can't... what do we do?"

Mahen sighs. He gets up and hobbles over to Kapre, patting him on the back. The draenei looks at the orc, his eyes barely able to hold back tears. The old orc speaks in a reassuring tone as he leaned on his cane. "Runt... this is not a time to sit around wracked with worry. We're here for you as well as for her. And above all.... your daughters." He takes a deep breath. "She is strong... and she counts on you to be the same. Can you do that, Kapre? For her? For your daughters?"

Kapre looks at his companions as Kantado and Tibalan watch with the same amount of concern as Mahen. The draenei manages a weak smile, facing them. His eyes wander to the girls... both have fallen asleep while clutching their new dollies.

"I thank you for this," he says. "If Mana and the Sisters can come, they surely can. I'll see if I can map us a route to Northrend. Kantado, see if you can get Sagitarrius to contact us for an update on their search. Tibalan, start writing for your sisters to come to Ratchet. And Mahen?"

"Yes, Kapre?" Mahen asks.

".............thank you. Let's see if Mana can quit her training so she can come. I'll see if Diwaata and Cristovao can join us too."

Sagittarius wing had spread over and flew the route from Dalaran to the Tundra by around twenty times now. Their leader, Celestia, was missing, and one thing about aviators is that they do not leave their companions behind if they may still be alive. Still, it was difficult to keep thinking she was alive. They found no wreckage of her aircraft, nor any signs that she had been shut down on land. As far as they knew, she could be lying into the bottom of the ocean.

After regrouping at the flagship, Arondight, the three members of the squadron gathered around the table. Neither of them looked exceptional, though no one would dare to say that in their faces, up in the air. Sagittarius 2, a middle-aged gnome, sat with his head resting on a hand, reading one of the many letters they had received later. Sagittarius 3, a dwarf woman, filled her stomach with fruits, trying to disguise her impatience, but her boot constantly tapping on the floor showed much of her worry. Lastly, Sagittarius 4, a dwarf man with a world of scars to show and half of an ear missing, was cursing under his breath.

"Do dey have no idea we been tryin' ta find 'er already? Look at all those letters! It's like we're not even tryin'!". He complained, slamming his fist on a pile of letters. The dwarf woman sighed and placed a hand upon his back, reassuring. The gnome stayed impassive, staring at the letter.

"Dem little fecks! Did dey 'ave ta ask 'er to deliver the bloody ship 'erself!? Dey feckin' 'ave dem own pilots, fuckin' lazy fecks!". Sagittarius 4 slammed his fists, again and again, making the table in front of them shake. The woman furrowed her brows but paid no much heed to his anger. The truth is that every one of them had been stressed on the last days. Both at the loss of their leader and at the lack of proper rest, plus the constant pressure over them to try and find Celes. All of them felt it. Maybe not the gnome, he looked as calm as always.

"And ye little git dun say a thin' about it!? It be like ya dun' care about what happens!". The dwarf complained again, this time directed to the gnome. Sagittarius 2 slowly rose his eyes from the letter, staring at 4 with could only be pity, or impassiveness. As soon as he finished giving that look, he turned his eyes to the letter again. Picking up paper, feather and ink, he started to write a letter of his own.

"Dear Kapre,

We regret to inform that our recent search has been frustrating. We spent most of our rescue funds in order to find and try the Chairman, but nothing was found. We fear that the recent storm might have lead her craft into the sea, it would explain why we found no traces of her. However, we will continue our search, do not lose hope. If we have any leads on her current situation, we till inform you.

Sagittarius 2."

Once he finished writing, he folded the letter and patiently slipped it into a package. He delivered it to one of Enigma's messengers and dispatched it right away. Returning to his seat, he gathered his goggles and set them over his eyes. "I'll be out for a while... Wait me not.". He answered in a calm voice. The dwarf woman made a brief gesture to stop him, but gave up once the gnome simply walked down to the hangar and slipped into his ship. Frowning, she gave the angry dwarf a smack in the head. "Ya bloody heartless git.". She muttered before heading back into her quarters. The dwarf was left alone before the table, his fists and teeth clenched.

"Feck, boss, we need ye back...".

They were after her...

Celestia was sure about it now. It was dark and she was still into the woods. Whenever she looked back, she saw those eyes, dark red with hunger and malice. Maybe it was her mind paying tricks on her? She didn't want to risk that. Besides, the fear those eyes inflicted was real. She had seen fearful eyes before. Those were just like them.

Clinging to her rifle, she made through a few bushes, panting hard. She had been walking all day and the pain in her head was only increasing. Sometimes she'd lose balance and topple, or find herself thinking about nothing. What was she doing anyway? Right. Water and camp.

She had to find the damn water. She didn't even need to bother going back to the camp if she couldn't find it. Celes was aware that she had been almost two days without water. Her mouth felt as dry as a desert and she knew if she didn't find water, she wouldn't last long.

She was angry though.

Not only she had crashed, but she was without water and proper survival supplies. She had a possible concussion and her body hurt all over. On top of it, she was being hunted by beings only Light and locals knew about. She hated the feeling. The feeling of being trapped, of being seen as food and prey. She wasn't prey. If those creatures, whatever they were, thought they'd have a piece of her so easily, they were damn wrong.

Celes aimed her rifle towards the woods behind her and let out a few, brief bursts of fire. The eyes seemed to vanish for a moment and the sound started being muffled by the startled birds flying off the nearby trees. A minute later, silence took over once more. No sign of the hunger eyes.

"Yeah, you better hide...". She said, but her tone didn't sound very courageous.

Stumbling back, she started walking, only to feel her hooves miss the ground. Celestia tripped and fell on her face, sending a hammering wave of pain into her mind. She cried and whimpered low, giving in to the pain for a moment. Her face was soaked with tears. But it felt as if they were too many. Or maybe there weren't enough, for the amount of feelings she felt.

Kapre... Melodia, Aria, Talesta, Beala, Nexi... Andra, Allira, Trynthi... Pollie, Nian... So many more people. So many names. So many words. Words that made her wings. Wings that allowed her to fly. Her wings were broken though, now she was alone.

Celes bit her lower lips and tried to stop the tears, the rifle lying a few feet ahead of her, her hands grabbing mud and stones instead. She didn't want to die. Not now. Most her life she had struggled to find people to support her. Rolling on her back, now she thought of it. She wasn't strong, nor invincible. She was just a lonely Draenei. Or so she had been for most of her life.

Strange, but in so little time she had managed to find so many important people to her. Only a few years had passed and she knew more people she'd rely her life to than she had knew during all the millennia she lived. Looking back at it, she wasn't invincible. They had made her that way...

Having someone to come back to. Having a place to call a home. Having people to call friends, or family. That was why she had survived so far... Her father had given her those, back when he was alive. But now he was gone. Knowing her, she imagined he'd be laughing at her current reaction, give her a slap on the back and tell her to move on.

A timid smile came to her lips and she sat up, looking around.

Running water...

Celestia opened her eyes again and found herself landed on a small current of water. Sighing in relief, she brought as much of it as she could into her mouth. She didn't care if it tasted like mud, or leaves. It was water and she was in no position to complain. It felt wonderful to have water running down her stomach again. She licked over her lips and took a few more sips of water.

Trailing back to the current, she made sure to know where it was. She filled a canteen with water and made her way back to the crash site. Once she arrived there, it was dawn. The sun was rising, somewhere behind the trees. Slipping under the wing she was using for tent, she closed her eyes and fell asleep almost right away.

The tears still hadn't ceased.

Those eyes... Would they return?
"Kapre...your sister and her boyfriend are not coming. Come on. It's time to go."

The Love Boat was docked off the coat of the Borean Tundra, away from the pre-established docks created for the purpose of housing boats. Why is that? As much as Kapre wanted everyone to be properly lodged during their search, of the entire search team he and his friends made, only himself, Kantado, and the two babies are of the Alliance. Everyone else: Mahen'tosh, his granddaughter Mana'gal, Tibalan, and his sisters Kaldereta, Sisiga, and Nilaga, are a small army of Horde. Eight people, six are Horde and two are Alliance, all united neutrally to search for a third Alliance. The option of travelling to Dalaran or some other neutral town is non-existent. They'll have to stay here and pray the seas are merciful to them.

"We'll have to take turns on searching and staying here to stay in touch with Sagitarrius while babysitting," Kapre announced to his search team. "We're docked southwest of the Tundra, in the direct middle of two roads that, depending on where you go, you'll head to either Warsong Hold or Valiance Keep. Most likely we'll be getting our supplies from the Hold since we have more Horde aboard." He takes a deep breath, folding his hands together as he watches his team. "I highly thank you all for this. We can set up shifts of searchign around while we still have time. Any questions?"

"Yeah, why isn't your stupid sister and her stupid boyfriend coming?" Kantado says sardonically. "Both of them participated in the campaigns against the Lich King while out all of us, only Sisiga has. They know the area more than we do. So why bail out on helping their sister-in-law?"

Kapre sighed. "If you truly know Diwaata, then you shouldn't be surprised at all why she bailed on my plea for help. She's likely gallavanting with her boy toy in Loch Modan right now." Kapre sits down before he continues. "But as much as their assistance could be of great value to us, they cannot, or will not, be here. It's up to us now. Celes needs us, and while most of us hardly if not ever had any experience exploring the Tundra or any part of Northrend, we all have skills that can be of great use. Let's run them down right now. Kantado, what can you do?"

"I can shift to Bear form, which has a far more reliable sense of smell than Cat or Cheetah. Give me an item with Celes' scent, I should be able to track a trail as far as a mile. I also have a Flight form where I can search from the skies, but I'll have to rely on vision instead of smell."

"Switch from either form from time to time. Use Flight form to cover area and Bear form to track leads. Mahen'tosh?"

"I have Lo'Bo, my wolf. I'll cover foot and pick up scents as well," Mahen'tosh says as he nods to the side of the deck. A few beasts, which includes the wolf, Sisiga's coyote, and some kodos, rested as they awaited their masters' commands. "In addition, I'll summon an imp or voidwalker who will provide me extra eyes. I hope Celes will not mistaken me or my minions as an enemy, but if it means actually getting us a lead to her location, so be it. Better to have an idea than none at all."

"I'm good with that, Mahen. What about Mana'gal?"

"I'll stay on board and watch your kids. Don't you have a radio?" Mana'gal asks. She sat with the two girls as they slept on her lap, already comfortable with the new girl.

"I think Celes has one. If you can, see if you can contact Sagitarrius and stay with them on real time. Tibalan?"

"I...can..... search... with.... kodo," he says with his familiar slowness. He also holds up a first aid kit and his rifle. "If... Celes... hurt.... or... in... dang....er..... I can..... help her."

"I thank you so much for this, my friend. First aid will be much needed. How about your sisters?"

Kaldereta spoke for herself and the other female tauren. "I am a shamaness... if you need help, I can accompany you in that we shall call upon the spirits of the elements to aid us. Nilaga here is also a druidess... she can accompany Kantado in Flight form during times he is in Bear. As for Sisiga, she knows the terrain by heart. Niping here, our coyote, can search for Celes' scent while Sisiga can search for physical evidence of Celes' travels, if she made any."

Kapre takes a deep breath, thankful of all the skills everyone can provide. "Very well, then. In that case, Ms. Kaldereta, we'll search together with the spirits. Mahen'tosh, Sisiga, you form a team of foot trackers. Kantado, Nilaga, you two form a druid team. Tibalan, you're our primary last call between the search team and Mana'gal in babysitting and keeping contact with Sagitarrius. Is everything clear?"

The group all confirm clarity.

"Good. Let's all get ourselves ready to head out."
Celes slept for very long, again. She wasn't very sure before but now she had confirmed her suspects. During the fall, the hit on her head had caused a concussion. Without knowing where in specific her head was damaged, it was too hard to heal with her gift alone. Well, at least the bruises were now gone. She rubbed her arms and thighs and sat down, a little dizzy. How many days had passed since she got lost? Three? Four? She had missed the count at some point. Looking around at her improvised camp, it didn’t look too bad. Even in her current state, she had managed to use pieces of the aircraft and some broken twigs and large leaves to make a small “bunker”, or so she liked to call it. At most, it was a hut that hardly protected her from wind.

What once had been the DF-01 Nightmare was only a skeletal husk without plating. The engine was still there, since no use had been found for it. Using a few pieces, Celes managed to improvise barrels to stock water and small fruits she found during her stay. The guns of the aircraft had been mostly lost, since they were mounted on the wings, except the pair over the nose. She had managed to dismantle the latter and place it onto an improvised support. It would work if she needed to defend the camp, but she wasn't sure if it'd be effective for long. Knowing guns, she knew the improvised defense would eventually heat upon use and it'd be impossible for her to hold. It was all so easy when they were just mounted onto an airplane's hull.

With the pain from the bruises having faded, she now had a second worry. Her stomach. One day ago she had tried a set of red, tiny fruits. They had been tasty and had fed her well, but not many hours later she found herself with a strong stomachache. It had been much worse the other day. At least now she could sit without wanting to tear her stomach off her body. Sighing, she peeked through one of the openings of her improvised hut. Where was she? It sure wasn't the Tundra. Not with this much green and that many trees. The local animals didn't match either. She had managed to bring down a long-necked animal the other day, but also found she was a terrible skinner. From the large animal, Celes had only managed to use a tenth of its edible flesh. The rest had been wasted.

“Way to go, stupid… Next time learn how to skin animals…”. She muttered, angry at herself. She couldn't help it, in the last days. So far she had survived by luck alone. If those small fruits were truly poisonous, she'd be dead already. Even the damn water had been found by luck. Grabbing a can and drinking water from it, she soon threw it against a nearby wall of wood and leaves, groaning. She tucked her head between her knees and rubbed it. She had been begging for a decent bed for days. Or even just a bath. With those “eyes” outside, she didn't dare staying away from the camp anymore, except to grab food and water. The cat bathes weren't being much useful. What she wanted was to sink deep into a warm tub, held by her mate, Kapre. The mere thought of it made a sigh of satisfaction come out of her, followed by a saddened smile. “I wonder what he's doing right now…”.

Celes had considered leaving and looking for a village or something. She gave up on the idea upon realizing she had a concussion and that the thick forest gave her no clues of direction. She didn't even know where the sea was. Her only option was to survive and wait… What if no one came? Would she just rot and die there? She shook her head quickly. She couldn't die like that. “Think, think… Make up a plan…”. The Draenei muttered, groaning. Grabbing a piece of burnt wood, she began to draw at one of the walls, one made by a wing. “First… Recover. Get rid of concussion. Get back to your hooves. Then… Next… Leave this place, find a town, a village, anything… Find the Sea. Follow the coast... What if those things come…?”.

She soon realized her hand was shaking. Her other hand snapped to grab her wrist, holding it still. The last night, she had heard steps around. The eyes were closer than they ever were. She could see them. Red, rotting, dead. They wanted her body, her flesh. And she couldn't see them right. Celes prayed they weren't ghosts. Ghosts scared her more than anything. She knew she'd either freak out or despair if it was a ghost. Gathering some courage, she spied out of the hut. It was late night, and there they were. The eyes. They kept a respectable distance but they never truly left.

Angered, Celes found her rifle and pressed the butt against one shoulder. Her whole body froze at the monstrous shriek one pair of eyes let out. She swallowed the fear and aimed carefully, then fired at the set of eyes. Another shriek came, a pained one this time, or maybe it was angered? Without hesitating, Celes ran to the machine gun mounted in the middle of the hut. She could hear quick and heavy steps coming towards the hut. They were attacking. They were tired of watching, of waiting. They wanted to eat her and they would do it now, she knew it. It would be like the dream. In the dream though, she died…

Ps.: The current groups searching for Celes might tracks, the destroyed aircraft and improvised hut, along with signs of fighting. A lot of blood can be found in the site, along with a trail leading away.
Roka's brows furrowed. The Orc was donned not in her usual winter clothing, which she had shed behind in a nearby outpost swiftly for her jungle fitting attire. A pair of shorts, and thin boots with a thick sole. Her thick white leather jacket replaced with a tight tank top, leaving not much to the imagination, her moderate bust held firm by the clothing she wore. Her axe replaced by a mild curved machete, used for cutting through the thick foliage. Unlike what was written in the neat paper on the Dwarf's table, she had other haunches. "A storm in Crystalsong... What the hell's that nonesense?" She muttered silently to herself as her legs trudged on the lush green of Sholazar Basin. Earlier she found a piece of scrap metal lodged in a poor unfortunate tree. She examined the structured metal and its form. Whatever this was, it was part of something bigger.

The Orc's eyes narrowed as she eyed up ahead on the path to some broken twig. Her boots crunched against the foliage as she jogged forward, haste to her steps. Her rifle held firmly in her hands, butt to her shoulder and finger off of the trigger. She swiftly arrived to the wreckage of a poorly made makeshift camp. And near it... The wreckage of the ship, stripped down of parts. Some bushes to the east of the camp were ruffled and torn. Whoever this poor 'Selees' girl was... Roka sure did not envy her. Swiftly, her sense began getting to work on assembling the picture. Bullets going off, some hitting a tree and making its life a sure hell if it had any. Something surrounding the hut. Dragging marks. Four claw marks on a tree.

The Orc swiftly moved to the camp, in hopes of survivors, only to have her light frown deepen deeply. A trail of blood... Bullet casing... A torn piece of cloth... And a rope. Roka's furious frown soon turned into a scornful sneer. "Ah shit..." She looked to the blood trail, passing two fingers on the red substance only to have her frown break for surprise. "This is... Not too old..." Her nose soon brushing past her fingers, sniffing on the red substance as the scent only confirmed her fears and hopes. This woman could still be alive... And she prayed to whatever god these goat people believed in that she still was.

She soon sprang upright, grip tightening until her knuckles whitened around her rifle, turning back and sprinting out of the hut. Her boots thudding almost soundlessly on the dirt, her eyes narrowed and her teeth bared in a determined snarl, a deep concerned frown plastered upon her expression as she darted past trees to where the nearest tracks led her, the branches thwacking and hitting her exposed hips, though that barely affected the Orcess.

"Hold on lass..."
There was something here.... I knew it!

Kantado flew as fast as he could to the sky where Nilaga searched. Screeching at her and pointing his head, the two druids darted to where they saw the site. Blood. Tracks. Bullet casings and an evidence of a fight. The hearts of the two sank like stones. They dove around the area, searching for any signs of life. No luck.

But it's something.

The male druid flipped as his shape changed instantaneously. He is a bear now, his long muzzle well sharp with excellent olfactory senses. He sniffs around for what could be the reason this happened here. He stops. He knows this smell of blood. He smelled it from a dirty handkerchief Celes left behind. It's a scent also present in her daughters. It's her. She was here. But something else..... something they may be ill prepared for.

"Nilaga!" Kenny cried as he turned to his caster form. He waves at the sky, urging his companion to fly down. She does, changing to that of a lean Tauren female with feathers in her hair. "It's her, all right.... this is her blood."

"Is she..."

"We don't know yet. The scent is starting to become age... this was a while ago. Though I smell Celes' scent, it's not very strong--it's just her blood. We don't know if she's dead or not... but we got a lead."

"Thank goodness!"

"There's more."

"What?"

"Some beast may have gotten her... but... I also smell the scent of an orc. Female." His brows furrow at Nilaga.

The Tauren gasps before she looks around. Her brows furrow as well, lost in contemplation. She closes her eyes to think, then reopens to examine the surroundings one more time. "Do you think this orc is responsible for this?"

"There's no way we can tell. She may be the one who sent... whatever did this, or she could be passing by. But if we're going to come across her, we'll definitely need Mahen'tosh."

"All right. Stay here, I'll get the others. I'll be back as fast I can." With that, she takes to the skies once more.

It was nowhere near dawn. Celes whimpered, her cheeks covered in dirt, dried blood and tears, both of anger and pain. The hut she had built was far away from her now. She doubted she would manage to go back there. The gun she had dismantled from the aircraft had helped her survive a wave of those attackers. They were ghouls, or geists, or something undead. She couldn’t tell. But they were far from over. She had killed a dozen of them, or maybe less, or maybe more. She hadn’t really counted.

She couldn’t slow down now. Celes moved through the trees, her rifle held by her left arm while her right hand clutched at its opposite shoulder. It was bleeding heavily. Killing some of those undead had a cost. They had hit her quite a number of times. She had a long claw mark running over her forehead, dripping blood over her right eye, making it difficult to see. Her left shoulder had been bit, like her left thigh.

Celes could hear the monsters after her. They were laughing, or shrieking, or something. They were watching her futile resistance. She only had this clip left on her rifle. Maybe fifteen more bullets. Good thing those creatures didn’t know that. Maybe that was what was holding them back from an all-out attack? Other than the gun, she only had her swords, but as dizzy and hurt as she was, she knew she wouldn’t last a minute against the enemies.

Even so, they were closing in. Just like in the nightmare. She hadn’t much time left…

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Words of a dead elf Maarten 2 1,095 09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  [BH] IC: Saying the Words Sol 1 1,235 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Sol
  A Picture Paints a Thousand Words Drust 0 639 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Drust
  Wise Words Kenshiro 0 646 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Kenshiro
  Upon the Wings of a Drake Zenethen 0 589 02-08-2012, 05:20 PM
Last Post: Zenethen