The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Picture Paints a Thousand Words
(Figured I would make a few posts about stories behind the symbols on my characters blade, hope it's a good read!)

A Kaldorei hunter and his son sit by a fire in the middle of a forest, the moon is high in the sky as the child bounces up and down from where he's sitting.

"Come on An'da just one story!"

The hunter chuckles as he brings a large blade down across his lap, the blade appears to have many symbols across it, the hunter looks over it, his hand hovering over the blade until it lands on a symbol. The symbol is of a crescent moon.

"Alright, lay down and I'll tell you one story..."

The child excitedly drops to one side, looking up at his father with excitement as he begins to speak.

"It was a pitch black night in the forest, the sky unable to be seen through the canopy of leaves made by the trees. A Kaldorei sprints through the darkness panting heavily. 'I must find my friend!' he says desperately to himself as he continues to run, his pursuers not far behind. The Kaldorei would glance worriedly behind himself for a moment as a howl is heard, the sound of paws rapidly padding against the ground, snapping sticks and rustling leaves as the sound slowly draws closer. He casts his gaze ahead of himself once more as his shoulder knicks a tree, he drops to the ground, fear now completely overcoming him as he looks up to the trees. "Where are you my friend?!" He yells, his pursuers are almost in reach of him as he scrambles to his feet, running through the forest once more. The subtle sound of running water can soon be heard amongst his heavy panting and the sound of his feet, moving as fast as they possibly can. The Kaldorei would release a weak sigh of relief, sprinting in the direction of where he thinks the sound could be, another howl can be heard it seems his pursuers may have found some more friends.

The Kaldorei's stamina is running low, his pace starting to falter as he continues to run through the forest. He finally comes to a river of flowing water, casting his gaze down the river. He's taken by surprise as his attention is elsewhere, a wolf tackles him to the ground, another coming up and biting down into the Kaldorei's leg. The Kaldorei roars in pain using what strength he has remaining to push the one wolf away, kicking the other off his leg. He would then without second though, roll straight into the river, the wolves staying by the bank. The Kaldorei is soon swept down river, struggling to stay afloat as he travels through the darkness of the forest. 'This is it...' he thinks to himself as he finally reaches the end of the river, the water around him calming as he floats silently on his back. However the cold of the water, the wound on his leg, nothing seems to bother him anymore as he smiles to himself. He lays there in the middle of the lake, gazing up through the clearing of trees to the clear sky. Nothing matters to him anymore, because he was finally safe, he had finally found his friend. The moon."

The hunter smiles to himself, raising his head from the symbol on his blade to his now sleeping son, he would release a quiet chuckle to himself before laying down as well as he too drifts off to sleep.
The worlds a roller coaster,
And I am not strapped in,
Maybe I should hold with care,
But my hands are busy in the air.

Like Father, Like Son. The path of a Beastmaster.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Words of a dead elf Maarten 2 1,095 09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  [BH] IC: Saying the Words Sol 1 1,235 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Sol
  Wise Words Kenshiro 0 646 02-26-2012, 09:51 PM
Last Post: Kenshiro
  Wings of Words Saiyuu 12 2,257 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Saiyuu
  Ten Thousand Days [Completed] Anski 15 3,024 11-21-2010, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Anski