The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wise Words
Aesyn took slow, heavy steps towards the city of Hearthglen, recently recaptured by the Argent Crusade. The group in front of him, comprised of mostly Argent Crusaders and a few adventurers, heading to collect their pay at the town hall for completing a mission. The blood knight, on the other hand, was not intent on collecting any other sort of payment. After all, he had spent the entirety of the fight in the back, making sure nothing touched him.

Of course, he was great at keeping himself from fighting. He had every excuse this side of Silvermoon to justify his lack of fighting. And it didn't bother him in the slightest. He wasn't used to such a large force of mixed races working together, he couldn't help all of them at the same time. Right. It would be better for him to just stand, heal someone who needed it and then hang back. Less work and less attachments. Works both ways. Besides, he absolutely hates fighting. What's the point, anyway? Stop a couple of Scourge baddies, only for them to come back in another form even more pissed? Seems like a waste of energy...

Red and black greaves moved through the city until he happened upon a statue between the local stables and the inn. Glancing up at the statue, he had trouble identifying the human portrayed. He was obviously a worthy man, if he had a statue. And devoted to the Light. He carried a massive warhammer in one hand and a large tome, with a symbol of the Holy Light on it. Aesyn felt as though the man would have a noble aura if he lived. It must be someone like Uther or Turalyon. Frowning, he brought a plated gauntlet up to his chin and scratched at his goatee. His master would not have approved of his behavior.

Then again, his master never approved of his behavior. He was lazy, unenthusiastic and selfish. He cared little for other people and their troubles, yet he was going to become a Blood Knight and work to heal the people, using the Light. Naturally, Aesyn would reply about the harsh treatment the Naaru had been getting so that they could wield the power. As much as his master hated it, he felt it would lead to the Sin'dorei's recovery.

Aesyn reached into his satchel and grasped the bloodstone, a token from his master just before he died. The only person he felt that he should help and protect... And he was unable to. But no, that was not his reason for the little fighting he does. No, Aesyn the great has mastered the art of swordsmanship and has bent the Light totally to his will. He shouldn't have to wield his sword, he should let others fight. After all, he is a master of the art. Yet, he was a simple Knight in the order. His master would not have approved, indeed...

"Elf, where were you on the battlefield?" Said a gruff voice. Glancing to his right, Aesyn witnessed a rather large orc. He was armored from head to toe. Aesyn raised his brow.

"Hmm?"

"I saw you accompany us. I distinctly don't recall you joining the fray." Aesyn simply shrugged, tearing his gaze from the orc and returning it the statue.

"Oh, I was in the back. Helped to heal some paladin and a young priestess, or something." The orc remained unmoving.

"And...?" Aesyn raised his brow, clearly unsure of what the orc had to say. In his experience, probably something to do with honor, dignity or pride. Maybe a combination of all three.

"And what?"

"Is your armor merely for show? Your sword a decoration?" Aesyn laughed on the inside, but on the outside he simply shrugged, vaguely affected.

"The way I use them, they might as well be. Well... Maybe not my sword." He frowns. My master's last sword...

"I thought your kind consisted of fiercer warriors. Am I mistaken?" Aesyn simply shrugged.

"Indeed. You should see how we have fallen..." The orc stepped closer.

"Then you must become an example for your kind to follow. Don't let them become your excuse." Aesyn was shocked, although he kept his composure. How could the orc be so kind to him?

"Not to be rude, but why do you care? I am a blood knight. We don't exactly have the best reputation, after all."

"Don't let a reputation hold you back. Work around it and set a new one." The orc stepped closer to Aesyn and placed a hand on his shoulderguard. "You have a greatness in you. If you would only use it." Aesyn was star-struck. WHAT had the orc just said. Before he knew it, the orc was off. Gone in the distance.

Aesyn placed his hand on the hilt of his sword. "Master..." He frowned, and tried to see where the orc had gone. "How did he know..?" Despite how much his master insulted his lethargy, he had always told him that he was an excellent swordsman and a good person. Aesyn was confused, as to how some old paladin knew more about him than Aesyn did. Perhaps, the old man knew more than Aesyn gave him credit for...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Words of a dead elf Maarten 2 1,095 09-03-2013, 10:26 AM
Last Post: Maarten
  [BH] IC: Saying the Words Sol 1 1,235 08-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Last Post: Sol
  A Picture Paints a Thousand Words Drust 0 639 07-17-2012, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Drust
  Wings of Words Saiyuu 12 2,257 01-25-2012, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Saiyuu