The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

House Harkov
Spoiler:

Some lovely music for you to read to, and that hopefully won't put you to sleep with my dull jokes!

Yes indeed my fellow Conquest lovers! As my 200th post, I wish to create another House Guild!

Now you may look down at this post and think "My lord This is going to take a while." I apologize for the length of this post but I wished to get across as many details as I could from the start! Don't worry, I added some blue at the end, so you can look forward to that!

Well see... indeed there are a few houses out there already. But, as far as I have seen, those houses are either at war with another, evil, or... shall we say, OOC'ly lacking leadership.

So I wanted to create a house, that is rather above neutral. A House that has given it everything to not let the wealth and power go to their head. One that respects every member as an individual. No dark secrets, just a family.

Now by -Above Neutral- I don't mean the house is full of Paladins and Priests alone. I mean they are respectful to even the peasants.

Now, currently... this is only true for the immediate family members. Of which IC'ly from the start of the guild, there will be two of. Though one must remain IC only as my sister has some trouble getting Gruntship at the moment. But she will join us in our lovely tea time when the time is right and the flowers bloom! (Can that be mistaken for me saying it will take until Spring? Eh...)

Anyways, onto the goals and beliefs of the House! I mean, as Nobility, you have power within the Stormwind Government yes? So here goes!

What do they do with their political influence?

The Family greatly supports the Argent Crusade, and is even currently looking to invest in them financially. And as Thaddeus said "See if we can't drag you fellas some real beds out here."

If it is a choice between fighting undead/demons, and fighting the Horde... House Harkov votes for the undead/demons.

Horde, what are they to House Harkov?

Well you see... this House is very proud of their Stormwind Nobility. And as such, any enemy of Stormwind is an enemy of theirs. True they would rather find ways around violent confrontations with them... but at heart they will never honestly trust them.

Slaves!

No, afraid not. The family wishes for their House to have absolutely nothing to do with Slavery.

What of Warlocks, Shadow priests and other devious pursuits of dark magic?

Absolutely not. While the house may not be a holy relic to be cherished by the Cathedral at all times... the house has its' standards. Dark or demonic crafts, are one such thing they do not tolerate.

Assassins, and thieves?

The leader once dreamed of being a Stormwind Guard. These dreams were shattered and reforged into new ideas and plans as he became head of his House. But he still holds true to the ideals of the law. If he needs someone to die, the only way he will go about getting it done is getting them arrested and making them rot in the stockades. Or drafting them into the military, that works to.

Mercenaries, every house needs workers right?

Wrong. House Harkov does not do much fighting. And for protection from thieves and Assassins, they hire full time soldiers/knights. If you look to protect the house, and the lord deems you to have a worthy reason, then you will be showered in riches beyond your wildest dreams. And then those gold coins will be smelted down into armor for you to wears, as you cry watching the face of the coins smolder.

But in all seriousness, the knights of House Harkov had to work for their position. The Lord will not hire anyone that is in it for the money. If you are in need of a job and you go to them, you will be washing the dishes. those that protect the Family must want it in their heart to do so. It is difficult to become a knight. So what do you get if you succeed?

To go against the Lords conduct, and to put money first... Knights are paid very well. You will be donned in the finest armor, and fitted with the sharpest of blades and strongest of shields. But what more is there. What non material profit is there for your character?

As a Knight of House Harkov, you are treated like family. You risk your life to protect the Harkov family, so why would you be treated any lesser? If you do something wrong, you won't get the "Fourty lashes" Treatment. You will often get a smile and the "Now you know for next time." Treatment. Unless it's from the Lord himself. He is a whee bit more strict on matters such as that.

So then...

You seem interested now in joining yes? But you can't help but ask... when you join, what will you immediately be?

That my dear children, is up to you. There are a few positions available within the family, and many within the House.

The positions available to be played within the family are as follows:

Sister #1 - Filled
Sister #2 - Available
Cousin #1 - Available
Cousin #2 - Available
Aunt #1 - Available
Uncle #2 - Available

The positions available to be played within the House are as follows:

Butler/Maid
Servant
Errand Boy
Knight
Financial Investor

Explanations of the House positions are as follows:

Butler/Maid - You are of the finest etiquette and can stand in one place all day should you be commanded to do so.

Servant - A step below Butler/Maid, you are usually the helper of the higher ranked House Members.

Errand Boy - Indeed, you are the helper of the helpers.

Knight - The most trusted by the Family, you are almost considered Family yourself. The only thing holding you back from having an absolute say in Family matters is your name.

Financial Investor/supporters - These are members outside the guild, and will not be treated as House Members. They are the people who believe in the Houses beliefs, but have not the power of Nobility to support them in the Government. So they support the House itself in what ways they can, to further strengthen it's power. This way, in the end... it is slightly because of them that the Houses word has so much meaning in City affairs.

OOC promises:

If you join this guild, Drama will not be allowed OOC. If you have trouble with someone you can come to me personally if you do so desire, and I will take it up with a GM. Otherwise feel free to report it directly to the GMs yourself.

If you join this guild, you are a friend of mine. I won't sit idle staring at chat as everyone speaks, I will get involved in the guild matters, in hopes that we can all grow as a group together.

I will find ways for events to happen. This may seem like just a social guild, but I promise you, if you join I will do everything in my power to make it as fun and interesting for everyone as I can. I already have ideas for events within the city, and hope that we will get enough members to make them happen.

Whether you are an alt working as a Servant, or a Main as an immediate family member... you will be treated with the same amount of respect that I would want in return.

So that's it. Please contact me in-game if you have any further questions, or if you wish to discuss becoming a member.

I have had many ideas for guilds, and they have all failed. I really do hope you guys like this idea, and don't think I am trying to rip off the other Houses or anything like that.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
That is why it is called the present.
Nice work. Let's hope it grows.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(01-27-2012, 10:05 AM)c0rzilla Wrote: Nice work. Let's hope it grows.

Thank you very much.
I needed to quote that?
I do think so.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
Could've stuck Baidin in here, but he's already joined the Argent Crusade!

However, Calia, his cousin, could join as a Priestess Maid woman. She needs to pay rent!
Haha, alright. Whatever works for you. Currently nothing will happen IC until Ieither get Thaddeus re-submitted as a special profile, or if it comes to it, make a new profile for a new character that will be the Head of the House.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
Alright SO.

Quick little update that I think is pretty important, and that you all need to know.

If you are a supporter, that means you are not a member of the guild. That is more or less of a way to either tie the House to other guilds ICly, or to simply be a way of your character having a good reason for being respected by the House Members.

Important Notice!!!

Thaddeus is currently on his way to being re-approved I hope, so currently if anyone wishes to join the guild, whisper me on him in-game. If I really need to I will make leadership changes later, but for now... Thaddeus is the leader.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
Alright, so... Thaddeus is approved and a noble now. The guild is up and everything. Thing is, we need members now...

So far, it seems no one wants to join. A few have expressed interest but have yet to act on anything.

Let me make some things clear.

I am looking for active members. If you are planning to join, RP once, and not log on that character again for the next month, don't join in the first place.

If you join, RP, and don't have fun... tell me. I will try to make it more fun, but understand, until we have a few members, we can't really do anything as a guild.

Expressing interest and joining are two completely different things. I'm sorry but if you say the guild sounds fun and such, I am not going to invite you. You have to directly ask me to join before I will invite you. I don't play around with -hints- towards wanting to join. Either tell me, or I won't invite you. It's not that I don't like you or anything... it's just I only invite people that ask for it.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything with these facts... I am just saying, if you tell me that the guild sounds fun, that is what I take it as. That the guild sounds fun. If you tell me you want to join, I take it you want to join. And that is when I will get you in. I don't invite people because they think the guild is fun, I invite because they want to join.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
I have a character who could be a Knight! You just logged off in-game before I could say anything though. >:(
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
If you wish to join the guild and Thaddeus is not online, then send him mail in-game from teh character you wish to join with. Also say in the message when you are usually online so he can watch for you.

If you REALLY need to talk to him, tell me on any of my characters and I will let him on to talk to you.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
You gots it. :) It was just at the time I was about to go "Hey!" and he logged. xD I'll send him something tonight/tomorrow after I get home from work(assuming I remember). :)
Frogspawned: RAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!
Frogspawned: Frogspawned flips a table.
Frogspawned: (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

FROG, STOP FLIPPING TABLES. YOU'RE MAKING A MESS.

Frogspawned: ┬─┬ ノ( ゜-゜ノ)
I'll create a mage to be the uncle, if you like. Name Calgur

Or even a character to be the sister. Depends if youd like to fill the immediate family first
"Do not be fooled if you hear laughter, or happen upon a smile. There is no happiness or merriment here."
It doesn't matter to me what anyone makes. If you want to just make a cousin so be it. It is up to you.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
If Thaddeus is not on... look for one of my characters online. I can get you in on Nurah.
Spoiler:
__________$$$$_____$$___$$$$$$_______
_________$$$$$______$$_$_____$$______
________$$$$$_______$$________$______
________$$$$$_______$_______$________
________$$$$$$_____$_______$_________
_________$$$$$$____$______$__________
__________$$$$$$$$_______$___________
__$$$_________$$$$$$$_$$_____________
$$$$$$$_________$$$__________________
_$$$$$$$_________$___________________
__$$$$$$_________$$__________________
___$$$___$_______$$__________________
___________$_____$___________________
_______$$$$_$___$____________________
_____$$$$$$__$_$$____________________
____$$$$$$$___$$_____________________
____$$$$$______$_____________________
____$$$________$_____________________
____$__________$_____________________
_____________$_$_____________________
______________$$_____________________
_______________$_____________________
I am also planning an event once we get some more knights and such between House Harkov and other Houses, but I am not even going to discuss it with the other Lords until I have some knights to compete against each other for who gets to be in the event.
Yesterday, is history.
Tomorrow is a mystery.
but today, is a gift.
I'm down to join this guild on Reinald Flambard.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Ironbraid Clan [Dwarven Noble House] Jonoth 0 1,734 11-01-2014, 11:49 PM
Last Post: Jonoth
  House Silversaddle Osvaldas 4 1,536 07-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Last Post: Osvaldas
  House Greywold PhilGobatto 1 1,003 06-28-2014, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Sorum
  House Ashbridge Rosencrat 19 7,334 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  [Inactive] House Baerth Valandil 9 2,292 07-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Maulbane