The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wildhammer Questions.
Hello I'm creating a Wildhammer but first need to know a lot about their lore before RPing it. Its a younger female Wildhammer around the age of twenty five.

The things I found so far (Tell me if it's not correct.) Wildhammers like nature. The races they would mostly trust are: Kaldorei and taurens.
They dislike Arcane and they do not like gnomes as much as the Bronzebeard dwarves do. They are the shamism/Druidism kind of dwarves that rather use crossbows than guns, they do not like races who do not watchout for nature, They hate races who destroy nature like Goblins etc. They do not have a lot of fear and they see Gryphons equal.

1. Would any wildhammer be able to ride a gryphon?
2. Do wild hammers also have a lot of hunters?
3. Do they have the same habits as Bronzebeards like drinking alcohol etc?
4. How does one obtain a gryphon?

If anyone could explain me a bit more about Wildhammers it would be great.
Quote:1. Would any wildhammer be able to ride a gryphon?

Once they've learned to, and if the gryphon is trained and of the disposition to bear them. It's not vastly different from learning any new skill, such as how to ride a horse without injuring or frightening it. Due to the intelligence of gryphons, this is probably a great deal easier for dwarves of the Wildhammer clan.

There is evidence to suggest that the gryphons won't simply allow just anyone to ride them, though.

Quote:2. Do wild hammers also have a lot of hunters?

Likely, yes. They live off the land, so hunting is a necessity.

Quote:3. Do they have the same habits as Bronzebeards like drinking alcohol etc?

That depends on the person. It's probably a safe bet to say dwarf culture has a prominent focus on drinking, but I'm inclined to think that the assumption that they're all brew-mad is a generalisation. One that will probably earn you a square fist to the nose... or groin.

Quote:4. How does one obtain a gryphon?

Form a bond with one, if you're a Wildhammer. Wild gryphons are native to the Hinterlands, so chances are high that you'd encounter at least one of them if you grew up there.
DWARF GURU TO THE RESCUE.

1: While Wildhammers ARE famed and esteemed gryphon riders, not every Wildhammer is one. Gryphons are finnicky about who rides them, and I'd assume that because Gryphon Riders are their equivalent of "knights", you'd probably have to undergo special training to be one.

2: Wildhammers are live-off-the-land woodsmen, so yes, they've an abundance of hunters.

3: Wildhammers are more down to earth and violent than Bronzebeard dwarfs. They're shamanistic, in touch with nature and have a much more "don't take crap from anyone" attitude. They're not much interested in use of advanced technology and to a degree even frown upon it (they consider hunting Goblin airships to be a hobby...), but they do like social drinking. Really, best way to think of the mentality of a Wildhammer dwarf is to RP him somewhat like a Horde race like an Orc or a Tauren, because they have a lot in common.

4: Like Delta said, you have to form a bond with one, which means going out into the wilderness and facing one down and earning its respect. Gryphons are very intelligent and prideful beasts, so it isn't the same thing as say, buying a horse and just riding it around.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
So you could compare it to a Kaldorei? They bond with the Sabers like Wildhammers with the Gryphons?
(02-13-2012, 10:08 AM)hyenaskate Wrote: So you could compare it to a Kaldorei? They bond with the Sabers like Wildhammers with the Gryphons?

I know little of Night Elf lore so I can't confirm or deny that analogy!
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First War lore questions Nikodemos 4 1,659 08-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Last Post: Nikodemos
  NE Druidic Lore Questions Nephuria 9 1,709 12-09-2011, 08:33 AM
Last Post: Nephuria
  Questions on soulstones. PvtFrog 8 1,658 03-06-2011, 12:14 AM
Last Post: Binkleheimer
  Some Questions only lead to more Questions Zarquon 19 3,294 02-19-2011, 09:34 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Few questions about Forsaken FlyingSquirrel 7 1,551 02-12-2011, 08:39 PM
Last Post: muhaha8