The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A Fine line between 'Priest' and 'Paladin'
I have a character, who I'm even having difficulty discerning! I wanted to know where the line between a Priest and Paladin is drawn. It's easy to see OOC, 1-handed mace + robes vs. 2-handed mace + Plate, But when Role-playing there can be a gap. I've read the "Nature of Magic" in Azeroth thread, and I understand that Priests power come from their belief and inner focus and will. A Paladin gets their power from the Naaru, forced or coaxed. The thing is, I can easily see a Paladin IC, being a hybrid in between or being more like a Priest! It probably has a a lot to do with the training involved, but couldn't there be a person whose belief in the Light could easily be mistaken for the intervention of a Naaru?

I know Paladins, with help from the Naaru, have abilities tailored for destroying undead and evil. Priests, through their own will, can invoke some extra powers. Each of them have their own strengths and weaknesses, but I can see a Priest OOC'ly, being more like a Paladin IC'ly, and vice-versa. I know this adds a very big 'gray' area where someone could godmode and switch sides to their favor, but this is for the mature role-player. I guess my only questions are, can a Paladin/Priest be like a Priest/Paladin? (Excluding Shadow) and what would that mean for the character IC'ly?

(Raagh! Another late night thread! I really need to stop doing that.)
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
Only Blood elf/draeni paladins get power from the Naaru from what I know.
Most Paladins get there power from the training and there belief of Good/Justice and other Virtues.
Here is a Lore example when Tirion had his powers stripped by Uther when he was Exiled after protecting a orc and slaying Saiden Dathrohan's men that tried to apprehend said orc (Eitrigg) Uther assumingly stripped his powers of the light but when a orc force attacked He freed Eitrigg who was badly injured and healed his wounds with the power of the light thus proving that belief of what is right and wrong justice and other virtues do give the power of the light.
Quote:Paladins - The Holy

To be honest, Paladins were once thought to gain power in a similar manner as Priests. This was later proven false by the introduction of the Naaru. Paladins draw, whether knowingly or unknowingly, power from these strange beings.

Now, not sure if this is ENTIRELY true, but it does make a lot of sense. Whenever a Paladin does something they know deep down was wrong or evil, they lose the ability to use the Light. A Priest can do evil and know it, but I don't think that can stop them. If they lose faith they lost their power. It is confirmed that Blood-Elves and Draenei use the Naaru however. I think Dwarves and Humans might get it the same way too, unknowingly. Anyone else have an idea?
One man
Two guns
Three friends
Four foes
XI Touch
For the most part, Priests avoid the front lines in a combat situation, where as Paladins will step right into the fray. In a non combat situation, Priests will often spout out sayings of wisdom, and preach the goodness of the Light, where as the Paladins are ever vigilant for injustice, constantly watching to ferret out evil or crime.

As to the Naaru, no, they don't get their power from the Naaru. They get their power from what was previously mentioned, much like a Priest. The Naaru's main thing they help the Draenei with is immortality, and the ability to heal without being a Priest/Paladin/Shaman. Blood Elves needed the Naaru to establish a connection with the Light, but now that M'uru is gone, they still have their power from the Light, establishing that they just needed a buffer to gain a connection with the Light, and no longer have need of them.
Keep in mind that the lore from the Sunwell patch does not apply here, however.
[Image: Q1-1.png]

"We are here on earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
~Kurt Vonnegut
Yes, yes. I realize, I'm just basing a theory off the fact that Blood Elves in retail still have their holy powers even with M'uru gone.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Paladin's Code Xigo 34 7,363 01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Need help roleplaying a shadow priest Daggermouth 6 3,593 10-14-2012, 08:21 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Priest-Necromancers? Piken 55 8,577 06-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Does the Benediction priest-specific quest work? Lancelet 12 2,234 03-12-2012, 05:50 PM
Last Post: Lancelet
  Variant/Free-form Stuff for a Priest c0rzilla 52 10,326 09-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla