The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Re: Introduction w/ template!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
(This can be anything. We like to get a feel for those that will be integrating themselves into our community.)

When I started off playing Warcraft, I loved it- I thought the story was exceptional to the fantasy genre for its time. As I was thrown into the World of Warcraft I learned to love the fullness of being part of the universe that was Azeroth. Even though I started playing Wow through a private server- then retail, I never was fond of the PvP based gameplay. I've never been a competitive player, and like to enjoy the content of the world rather than claiming titles in the arena.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
(We ask this, as we take this into consideration with players that do not primarily speak English.)

I come from the heart of California in the United States, so I can guess that you guessed my primary language is, drumroll... English!

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I got into Warcraft about the same time I was into the original Starcraft & I really enjoyed both games. I was new to the computer and pc gaming, but the game was extremely fun for me.

What made you seek our server over others? (Or how did you find us?):
When looking for a private server I've always sought an RP based server. For a game as massive as WoW, I could only see it as a perfect fir to the ultimate game experience to roleplay in this game.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
(Some enjoy relaxing tavern roleplay. Others enjoy fighting, action and danger. Some in crowds, some in pairs. What appeals to you the most?)

I enjoy almost every kind of roleplay as long as its participants are just as into the roleplaying as I am. I enjoy groups on groups, or even just casual from pairs to armies.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
I think my favorite race was the blood elves because of their tragic legacy after Arthas' raid on Quel'thalas. And my favorite class being the priest, because of the complete opposite styles they can use depending on if they choose to be a shadow holy or discipline.

What are your expectations of this server?:
What I expect from the server is nothing less than what it claimed: an rp based wow server. And I hope that the staff and players all coexist to create an enjoyable, content-heavy universe of story telling game play.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
(Feel free to review our rules listed here.)

Out of all the rules I read I like the humility & roleplaying sections. I thought it was an interesting point to state that one's character shouldn't be dependent solely on a major character, & to know when to be part of another's story rather than being the story.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:
(This is not actually required until you aim to move up to Gruntship. Please state your intentions if you wish to complete this later.)

Well, what I'd hope to be my story is, well.. MY story. A story of coming to know a strange yet, familiar world with nothing but my determination to find something more. As a child my father used to tell me grand stories of grand adventures, going off to distant lands crossing the path of powerful mages and warriors & battling against only the fiercest dragons and darkest armies. But now.. all of that is a blur, and with my family gone and old enough to leave my homeland, I have nothing to live for but my desire, & my blade.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
(This can be anything. Questions/Comments are always welcome.)

As impressed as I am with the qualification process in order to become a member of this server, I hope that if I am accepted that the gaming/ role playing experience will be just as impressive. Considering the last time I actually played the game, is it hard to get your character off the ground from at the start of a new character? I don't expect there to be as many users online as perhaps retail & am nearly curious on the technicalities as far as role playing while completing quests, role playing when alone. That and role playing while in battle- is that possible? Is it Difficult to do?

Thank you for your time and understanding!
Hello forsakenblade92! My name is Loxmardin, and it's my pleasure to welcome you to Conquest of the Horde!

I'm not entirely sure how you mean by "hard", but I'll see if I can answer the question regardless... I wouldn't say it's very difficult. Once you start up your first character, you should be able to relatively quickly find your way into the OOC zone through the OOC portals we've set up in quite a few places around the world. That portal gives you the ability to visit a lot of different capital cities for your chosen faction, as well as a ton of neutral areas, arenas in the game, and custom RP locations (such as ships, airships, camps...). In the OOC area, there's bound to be a few people around the clock who just hang out there to chat or idle in waiting for something to happen or a friend of theirs to log on. If you want to RP, you should ask one of the people here if they feel up for it.

Another place to ask would be the LFG channel, as that's a global channel that shows up for everyone regardless or region, continent, world, faction or race.

It might be good to note that you can roleplay between the different factions. The language barrier between Alliance and Horde has been lifted, so to speak. So, Common and Orcish are global languages instead of separate ones (the individual racial languages still work as they should, however).

On this server we also have a few commands available to players to make some things easier. Such as activating all taxi nodes by the ".taxi" command and opening your bank anywhere with ".bank". We also have a command called ".addrpitem", which is used to add statless copies of armour and weapons so you can have the visuals of just about any kind of item (save legendary or artifact items) without having to worry about level requirements. Some requirements, such as class, faction and race, may still stick. You'll notice if that's the case, as you won't be able to equip the item. You can also use the ".lookup rpitem" in order to find the statless versions of the items and their IDs.

In the OOC area, there'll also be a number of vendors for dungeon and tier gear, class trainers, vendors for clothes and the like... Yeah. Stuff you need in general.

As for quests and roleplaying... We try to keep as many quests as possible intact so that people who wish to quest can do so (to get items, money or experience) for the questing experience itself. If someone is out questing, though, or doing dungeons, they're most likely not In Character. I'm not sure how you mean by technicalities in those cases, heh...

Roleplaying in battle? Yes, that's possible. We tend not to actually do PVP or PVE as much as we do emote and /roll fights if we're In Character. But, well... To each their own, I suppose. But I really don't see people doing In Character battles in a truly PVP or PVE fashion often. I've never really seen one myself on CotH, I believe!

... I hope that helped answer some questions, at least!

If you haven't already, it couldn't hurt to double check the rules and policies on our very own Wiki-page. If you have any questions, feel free to PM a GM on the forums or search the FAQs, as well as the various guides and helpful topics you'll find about the forums.

Also be sure to /join Chat and /join Barrens once you enter the game for the first time! (On all your characters, preferrably). The former for general communication server-wide, and the second for random silliness!

That said, welcome again! Have fun, enjoy your stay, and merry RPing!

Love,
Loxmardin

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A Template Intro Werewolf 3 1,115 09-15-2013, 04:16 PM
Last Post: Altaine
  template Theheroclone 1 801 01-31-2012, 05:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Connor's Corrected Introduction (Sorry, forgot template! D:) CocaCola1872 1 1,057 11-08-2009, 07:22 AM
Last Post: CocaCola1872
  DarthCody's Introduction V.2 (Fits template now.) =D DarthCody 0 628 08-02-2009, 02:03 PM
Last Post: DarthCody
  DarthCody's Introduction Reworked to fit the Template! =) DarthCody 2 737 07-23-2009, 12:07 PM
Last Post: Zason