The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

What are the naming tribe things?
I know this isn't specific, but I can't spell so I used words that I could spell :P

So, can we make up our own tribes names, like for trolls and orcs. For example, can we make up our own tribe name, like (Thuis is just an example) Azzel'ba? As the name? (Note that's not a name I want :P)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
You certainly may make up your own tribes just no jibberish, for example, Azzel'ba. Most tribe and clan names are merely words put together, Darkspear, Frostwolf, Warsong, Shatterskull, Bloodscalp, the list goes on. For those tribes that aren't like those, which are few, they are one of the rare cases in which Blizzard gave us actual lore on language, for instance the Atal'ai is from the very limited Troll vocabulary Blizzard gives us (maybe someone who's an expert on Trolls could tell us what it means).

Lastly! Orcs don't divide in tribes, they divide in clans like the Dwarves.

Also, if you're a Troll expert and derived Azzel'ba from the aforementioned Troll vocabulary well good show and I'm sorry for doubting you.
Yeah... but that's not really a tribal name. They're more like Bloodsplitter, Darkspear, etc.,
Orcish Clans are a larger part, and the last names of orcs within are varied. Trolls don't really have last names, but they use their tribe name as their last name. Azzel'ba wouldn't be a tribal name, sounds more like a first name.

Orcish last names are more like Gorehallow, Hellscream, Bloodgush, Spinesplitter, Jawsnapper, etc.,

Check here for a compendium of Jungle Troll Tribes. Note, the Atal'ai are a special exception and aren't truly a 'tribe.' They're more of a religious cult.

Here are some Orcish Clans. The Orcs refer to them as clans, not tribes. Last names within tribes are varied, like I mentioned above.

Tauren Tribes are here. I don't know if you were looking for those. This page also has troll tribes, but I prefer the compendium as it is far more detailed and link-helpful.
[Image: Ml7sNnX.gif]
Azzel'ba was a fake, just used for an example, I'll look up more on the trolls language, though I think I know how to find out how to speak it (Infact I've accedently learned some D:), thank you :D

I'm only asking about trolls :P

Is Kaz'kah appropiate? It translates to "Death totem"

(When speaking of trolls, you wouldn't name the tribe in their language. It would use English words.)
But I disagree, the Atali'ta or whatever Daraza's guild is called is translated to "Devoted" or close, not to press the point, but I believe a tribe should be named in native tongue :P

This depends highly on what the tribe is about. The reason the Atal'Kaz are called that, likewise with the Atal'ai and Hakkari, is because they're religious in nature. The trolls do not refer to themselves as possessing last names, therefore if you wish to name your tribe in trollen tongue, it's alright. I would merely advise you have a translation handy. They'd probably introduce their tribe's name in common. Why? This invokes fear. Bloodscalp? Skullsplitter? They want people to know what their tribe is known for, and why they should be feared or respected.
Oh! Now I get it :D Sorry I took your post as "You can only name troll guilds as common", you are very knowledgable and I may have just wanted to prove you wrong on something, sorry :P The tribe naming is just one of the few things I've learned, that and I'd consider myself a Voodoo expert, well as much of an expert as one can be with Blzzard's little lore on it :P Sorry, just wanted a chance to prove my lore and got over agressive, again, sorry :D

It should be noted that Thrall has no last name, even in his birth name. It should be noted that every warchief before and after him that had a last name was overthrown (Thrall stepped down so he could hunt Deathwing and earn more street cred among the orcs).
Pain is an illusion.
(08-25-2012, 02:59 PM)SpiralLateralus Wrote: It should be noted that Thrall has no last name, even in his birth name. It should be noted that every warchief before and after him that had a last name was overthrown (Thrall stepped down so he could hunt Deathwing and earn more street cred among the orcs).

...That is an interesting note, and one I definately hadn't noticed.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
(08-25-2012, 02:59 PM)SpiralLateralus Wrote: It should be noted that Thrall has no last name, even in his birth name. It should be noted that every warchief before and after him that had a last name was overthrown (Thrall stepped down so he could hunt Deathwing and earn more street cred among the orcs).

This comes as quite a surprise. Orcs earn their last names from events or deeds.

Ogrim Doomerhammer received the name after his father died and the weapon 'Doomhammer' was handed down to him.

Kargath Bladefist received the name due to the mutilation he had done to him.

Kilrog Deadeye received the name due to the same as well.

And let us not forget the common usage of 'Son of...' within Orcish society.

Thrall, Son of Durotan.
Draka, daughter of Kelkar, Son of Rhakish.

Maybe in Thralls case, the honour of being 'The son of Durotan' is prominent enough for him not to take up a last name.
I believe it's Orgrim Doomhammer (Orgrimmar is named after Orgrim, like Thrallmar is named after Thrall and in Warcraft 3 Orcs shout "For Doomhammer!").
[Image: NXAwd.png?1]
D: Way to much orc knowledge :D I was asking about troll tribes, but I love the lore guys, never knew any o' that :D

The main [playable] troll tribe is Darkspear.

As for playable tribes... I know Spiky's got his Soultusk tribe which is made of... 'fons, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, he's a Warlord. I don't think it'd be as common for trolls to make separate tribes as it is for, say, the Tauren or Orcs. Troll tribes are trickier, Lorewise, because of the whole "We only saved the Darkspear" thing.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
(08-26-2012, 11:33 AM)Caravan Wrote: The main [playable] troll tribe is Darkspear.

As for playable tribes... I know Spiky's got his Soultusk tribe which is made of... 'fons, if I'm not mistaken. Of course, he's a Warlord. I don't think it'd be as common for trolls to make separate tribes as it is for, say, the Tauren or Orcs. Troll tribes are trickier, Lorewise, because of the whole "We only saved the Darkspear" thing.

Worthy of note that you don't have to be a Darkspear troll. As long as you're a jungle troll, you're...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPhDcP9y76Y[/youtube]

(Also, I was allowed to play a zandalari troll in the past. =) )

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things change Magikox 3 6,966 06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  2 things, guild/location Samlock 4 2,202 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Dk's, Can they forget certain racial things? Samlock 10 2,263 05-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Things That Make You Go LOK'TAR Jonoth 10 2,239 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  An End to All Things Holynexus 12 3,103 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Holynexus