The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1494 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1494 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1587 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1587 errorHandler->error_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 1640 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP] postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 513 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 228 postParser->parse_mycode
/inc/functions_post.php 817 postParser->parse_message
/showthread.php 1118 build_postbit
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Wanted: Dead Or Alive
Wanted: Dead or Alive

A thread Idea that I think could be useful for a few uses. One if you have a villian who may have some infamy, or you've been wronged by someone who -should- have infamy, post a bounty. There are also mercenary groups out there, and bounty hunters with nothing to hunt. It could also be useful for those looking for coin and an RP fight. I think having a thread dedicated to those wanted in Azeroth and Outland could help move things along. We must remember to Not Meta-game. It ruins all the fun anyway. We can discuss before hand but the idea I was proposing would be obviously the option for Dead and Alive. ( You would probably want to speak with the player you are posting a Dead, bounty ahead of time unless it is your own char obviously. ) On a level of varying degrees.

The bounties of Copper, Silver and Gold. I'd like to see payment out of the IC currency system but RP coin works just as well too. If the bounty is 1 - 99 copper the signs would only be around the Zone the Character is wanted in. If your bounty is 98 copper in Eversong no one should be actively hunting you in Ghostlands for example. Players -could- but for the low amount it would be highly unlikely, especially for NPC officials ( Stop right there Criminal Scum! ). A bounty of 1 - 99 Silver should have you wanted on the continent. If you are on Eastern Kingdoms, you would probably only be safe in goblin towns although the bounties would probably be posted there as well. It'd be a better bet to go to Kalimdor, Northrend or Outland. If the bounty was in gold. The hunt would be every where.

Not saying that just because a person has a gold bounty or any bounty doesn't mean stalk the player OOC, meta game to them and try to collect a bounty. Please be reasonable if you plan on tracking someone. Also if you're wanted, don't bring a character into a situation where they can get mobbed, roflstompped, maimed or arrested if that is not your intention for them to get caught prematurely. I plan on posting chars with varying bounties for hunters, and bored players to track and kill or capture. It could be fun for others to do this too. Now that school is back and session and the population has wavered a bit it would be fun to hold bounty events for those who like combat RP. Any ideas or feedback?
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
I'd say this all sounds really fun! The only thing is, the person playing the character with the bounty on their head should post to give consent before anyone acts on the bounty in question. Perhaps figure out a good form for people to fill out with both IC and OoC information to make things consistent?

And if, in the future, it should become an issue for people to just gang up and obliterate anyone with a bounty, perhaps make it a rule that people can't just read the forums, but have to ask certain officials ICly for the bounties, instead of just reading flyers posted around the cities?
I love this idea. Consent, IMPW, isn't required, but that could be shifted by server rules. Either way, this is awesome.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
(09-03-2012, 12:25 PM)Vee Wrote: I love this idea. Consent, IMPW, isn't required, but that could be shifted by server rules. Either way, this is awesome.
You stole me words Vee >:| (>.<)
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Oh? Someone's finally making something like this!? TIS GLORIOUS!

On a side note, It shall become -very- interesting rp.
Glad you guys like the idea, I've been stirring with it for a while. I have a bunch of characters I plan on Killing off so I may use them as the first batch. But like I said if you want to get villians out there, or heroes are bored it should be a fun way to connect the two. And push forward storylines.

I was thinking the posts would have a Picture or description with

Spoiler:
Name:
( OOC player: )

Zone or Continent:

Bounty:
( IC or RP Currency: )

Wanted by:
( Player of Character: )

Also a brief description of their crime:

I think this is something we could get really creative with, but we just have to be safe with it.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Also, if one were to try and change their ways, (or perhaps only pretend to do so, or have very deep pockets) how would they attempt to remove the bounty on their head? There doesn't need to be one specific way, but when making a bounty, I'd think it would be important for that to be possible in some manner. Perhaps the GMs would be willing to offer services as government officials who could issue pardons?

Also, could a thread like this include both the government or good citizens trying to get the bad guy and sketchy people putting out hits, or kidnapping and the likes? (Or maybe have another, similar thread that works in much the same way?) The manner in which the info would be conveyed ICly would probably need to be specified as something other than a notice board in a public space, but still. (Cork board of Evil?)

Oh, and having bounties on rare mobs or something, just to give characters more things to hunt down might be nice, too. Not sure how that'd work, though.
How about setting bounties for good people, evil people want to kill people to :3

Yeah that's a good idea. It should just be noted with alignment the poster is for and where this information would be given away. If it was a hit maybe a set up point, or some shady area.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

I disagree that we should set bounties that are purely player-initiated. That, technically, would end up with every character on the server being possible for a place here. Keep to genuine criminals.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
I'd say that bounties should be put up with the player's consent, good or evil. As long as they're okay with it it would often make some very interesting RP.
Spoiler:
After a bit of thinking, and very little talk with others, I've decided to put a hit on my own character. So, here's the first bounty on this board.

Written below the reward is a hasty note. "He also only has one arm."

Spoiler:
Name:
KageAcuma

Zone or Continent:

Bounty:
1 gold

Wanted by:
Redis Taylor

Also a brief description of their crime: The Silverfangs searching for Redis and plans to kill him. Figuring this would halt any further attempts on his life, Redis put the hit on Krest, one of the lead hunters.
I so want to kill him, to bad, WAIT I have one character for this, try not to get killed to soon >.<

(09-07-2012, 08:14 PM)KageAcuma Wrote:
Spoiler:
After a bit of thinking, and very little talk with others, I've decided to put a hit on my own character. So, here's the first bounty on this board.

[Image: small_img.php?t=1347077509&timestart=134...size=small]

Written below the reward is a hasty note. "He also only has one arm."

Spoiler:
Name:
KageAcuma

Zone or Continent:

Bounty:
1 gold

Wanted by:
Redis Taylor

Also a brief description of their crime: The Silverfangs searching for Redis and plans to kill him. Figuring this would halt any further attempts on his life, Redis put the hit on Krest, one of the lead hunters.

Be careful now; the Character Death policy as stated on the Wiki's a bit vague, but if you're too actively involved in your own character's death, they could wind up being Unrezzable.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Tavern Help Wanted Rosencrat 16 3,802 11-11-2013, 04:37 AM
Last Post: Rosencrat
  Wanted! PvtFrog 4 1,352 08-06-2012, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Caravan
  WANTED ImagenAshyun 13 1,657 06-15-2011, 01:37 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  Blacksmith Wanted! HolyHiveMind 1 785 04-23-2011, 02:51 AM
Last Post: sunday12321
  Catacombs Wanted Posters Duraza 10 1,480 11-10-2010, 04:50 AM
Last Post: rodentjoe