The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Rigley is Adrift
Right, so this is a while overdue.

Most of you have likely noticed that I've been inactive for about this entire month. While I could easily just write this off as being the combined distraction of Guild Wars 2 and college, things like that have never really made me scarce before. The matter is, I just don't know what to do at the moment, and I've been feeling severely unmotivated for some reason.
I don't really know what that means in the long run. I don't have any good excuses, but I will manage to scrape myself out of this slump eventually.

I've actually been looking to run a Skype text-based RP as of late, too. Mostly as a way to get myself back into the swing of RP with a setting I admittedly enjoy working with somewhat more (It's of my own creation) than Warcraft. I remember taking a lot of enjoyment out of working with these original settings, characters, lore and etc; even after I transitioned from text-RP to focusing mainly on warcraft RP I kept developing and tinkering with the text-RP settings I had. But, prior to now they really saw no use. And rather, at the moment that use is still minimal at best.

I don't usually specifically solicit for this sort of thing, but I'm becoming decreasingly demoralized with how difficult it seems to be to run an active RP. In essence I only want to find one person who can remain consistent, but I'd be more than willing to accommodate more if there was to be interest. While I don't wish to go in-depth in this post concerning my ramblings about my own work, the setting itself is somewhat sword n' board fantasy (with minimal magic), with a bit of a mix between the whole scheme of grimdark and noblebright. If you do have any interest just PM me and I can give you a link that has a good deal more information.

...Again, I'm not usually one to just come out and ask for participants at random. All I'm really wanting at this point is someone (or a few more) who can be active in the RP. We're fairly loose on our planning, so don't expect to be bound to a schedule or rigid system or the like.

...So yeah. If you're interested, give me a PM. If you're not, then thanks for reading regardless, and I apologize for my extended absence. I'm still around the forums, but that's not saying much for all I do that isn't in-game.
Tell me more of the setting and tone and the likes!

I mean, I'm prolly not the best partner for a one-on-one action-ie RP, but that doesn't necessarily mean there's not a possible place for my involvement, especially if there's more people involved!

Anyway, what comes out of your brain is usually quite interesting, so it'd be fun to hear, regardless. :P
Okay...I really would love to do this Rigley and if no interest is shown in my own skype RP thing I'll definetly ask to join yours! So if I could get the link I'd love it :3 But agian may not be able...I don't want to spread myself to thin now >.<
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Rigs! You know I always love IM RP with you, regardless of who's DMing. Hit me up when you're able!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Probably should have mentioned this; those interested, I've posted a good bit of lore that's friend-view only on LiveJournal. For those interested I'd like you to hop on there (send me a link to your page so I can add you), and then you'll be able to see my summaries without me putzing about and trying to explain off the top of my head.
I suppose I should update this after a month of silence on my part.

I can't exactly place why I've dropped off the radar so much regarding CotH. I had plans, and even had set up a few test-runs of an event chain I had planned to host. But the last time I've got in game was to despawn it and help with a disciplinary measure, unfortunately.

I think part of this is just a lack of 'connection' to the server for me now, and I hate to say that. I feel like most of the people I know have come and gone, or are only active over skype. Barring that, I just feel like it's a rarity to see people I know and even rarer that I can actually find a way to insert myself into RP. That's had a rather hard impact on me, and it seems to have been one that's just grown since it began to this point of me simply dropping aside entirely. It doesn't help that I'm not the most social of people to begin with, and joining into the random rp that does exist on the server seems somewhat stilted and awkward on my behalf.

Meanwhile I've kept the RP on skype mentioned above running, and I'm not sure what it says that that is the most fun I've had in RP in months. I also can't help but fight the nagging feeling that things have ground to a steady halt as we await Cata, and that events I've ran just don't help that. Northwind, while a success, had no impact on making the world 'living' or making it active in the slightest-- Really Northwind could have taken place outside of the warcraft setting entirely, and little difference would have been made for as tied to lore and the world as it was. I have ideas of how to fix this sort of stuff (in theory), but I don't know if they're the right ideas, or if they're matters I really want to fight to try and explore.

I do want to be more active, and hopefully the coming Kidnapped! event will manage to sink me back into CotH as a participant instead of just an observing and organizing party as I partly still feel I have been for a good while. As before, apologies for my absence. Hopefully I can figure something out soon.
When the ones you used to love are gone, you gotta branch out and meet new folk and stay growing! S'the only way possible.
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigley's Cataclysmic Interest Inventory - Round 1 Rigley 27 4,184 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Rigley
  Rigley's Answer-Blog Rigley 7 1,742 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  Rigley's Event Interest Inventory, Part Whichever Rigley 34 5,457 11-27-2012, 01:03 PM
Last Post: CappnRob
  Rigley Ramble (Sorta): On Stagnation Rigley 31 6,111 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM
  Rigley Rambles on: Decisions! (Please Post!) Rigley 11 2,243 08-29-2012, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Dae