The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What to Do?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Northwind
70.00%
7 70.00%
Other (Gnomeregan / Plague/ etc)
30.00%
3 30.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Rigley's Event Interest Inventory, Part Whichever
So after some thought on the stagnation thread I've decided to post one of these again.

With a bit of a twist.

I want to narrow my range down this time before suggesting events for a vote. This process likely won't be expedient, but when have I ever operated at complete efficiency? Heh.

I've decided that in the interest of some 'movement' in the world that I would run this down as being specifically based around a culture or faction. I don't wish to make a neutral event, because that runs opposite to the direction the world is meant to be shifting in now, and I'd like to see if that climate can be made (though I don't believe my event will bring upon any of that immediately or specifically, to be clear).

In lieu of a poll I would like you all to post either briefly or in depth as to what you would like to see out of an event. Ideally you can give me all of the below, but if not just narrow it down the best you can.

---------------------------------------------------
Faction: Horde or Alliance? I'm keeping to these two alone, and it's my plan at the moment that any events will be open to all of that specific faction.

Race: Which race should I focus on specifically? Again, any races are welcome in the event as long as they're within that faction. Examples of this in the past were humans with the Solidarity events, dwarves with Battlefield: Khaz Modan and orcs and elves to an extent with Battlefield: Stonetalon.

Event Type: Do people want all out warfare? If so, between factions or a less ambiguous enemy? More domestic matters like a local cult or threat? Or something just more casual in general?

Other: Your thoughts for an event idea, or just any comments at all. Basically just in case you had something to mention that didn't fit into the above.
---------------------------------------------------

I would really appreciate it if some people took the time to look the above few fields over and fill them out; if not in the actual format then at least some way. Basically I'll just try and see if I can take this information and use it to create some event ideas that might be of interest to the community. If you don't feel up to filling out the entire thing, at least answer what you can.

Hopefully we can conjure up something.
I'm kinda hard-pressed right now, so I'll keep it short! I'll return at some point to elaborate, however. :D

Faction: Alliance. Definitely.

Race: By the looks of it, perhaps Draenei need some love?

Event Type: Combat, in general? I see a distinct lack of Alliance combat events thesedays. Demons in Outland, perhaps? Or perhaps Venture Co. on Azuremyst/Bloodmyst. Then again, factional warfare is also a viable option. Then again, something social/travel-RP based is cool, too. Draenei Pilgrimage comes to mind, though. However, Draenei can never get enough love.

Other: I'll come back to this.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
Faction: Hm... that's a difficult one. I'd have to say Horde, overall.

Race: I vote against a specific race being given the entirety of the good stuff. I think that either Tauren or Orcs would work the best. Blood Elves and Forsaken are great and all, but due to their IC stigma and mindset it's hard to include other races. (Forsaken nationalism/supremacy, Blood Elves detachment, supremacy, location.)

Event Type: I don't want warfare in that the only RP we can take part in is FITE FITE FITE. I think, unless you had a very large admin team for it, you wouldn't be able to do anything particularly complicated such as objective control because people couldn't do anything noteworthy IC. It's a tough one, but I'd say more of a domestic matter (one that does not necessarily have to exclude the opposing faction) that players can RP against without having an event admin about - they can DM their own little combat, reconnaissance &c. mini-event and not affect the storyline.

Other: If you're doing something on a large scale, there has to be a lot of natural progression. That is, don't make the storyline go on rails: the people taking part make the story go on the direction they want, not sit, watch and occasionally /roll while the DM tells them a story.
[Image: RtK7PiZ.png]
To Rowgen: I've actually always had a soft spot for travel-based RP. That might be worth keeping in mind!

To Zhaei: I've attempted to depart from the purely battle-oriented stuff in the past, to very spotty success. Meetings in the pub were always a bit scarce after missions in Khaz Modan, and Solidarity rather landslided down from its original 'not totally battle complete promise' standpoint since the initial non-combat event wasn't received very well, and didn't seem to get much interest as far as the faction dynamic went.

That being said, I'm not really giving up on that. Just a bit cautious towards it.

Regarding to 'off the rails'-- I suppose this depends mostly on what event I end up running. I don't know how to run warfare off the rails, largely since players come in as assists to the main military-- thus they're being ordered here and there, and ICly it makes sense that the leaders would be the ones to plan out where to hit and when.

I may attempt something else depending on what we're going to be doing. It rather depends though is all I can say; in many ways large-scale events aren't overly friendly to the concept of high player interaction with the plot, I suppose.

We'll have to see, I guess. Don't take this as a move either way, because I think it'll mostly be dependent on what the end result is as to what we can manage there.
<.<

>.>

Spoiler:
[Image: northwind-1.jpg]

These are good Q's, Rigley.

Edit:
Faction: Alliance, perhaps.

Race: I'd like to see some Dwarf things.

Event Type: How about traveling RP meets archaeology? Explorer's League stuff. Or a science committee investigating strange weather/planetary phenomena.

Other: I'll get back to you on this or pin you down later to talk about it.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]
Northwind is a tempting thing to return to, since it was such a success prior. While I do have further ideas for the event line I don't think they would be much of a boon in terms of getting some activity into the world itself, however. :B
I am going to put this in short, because I don't have that much time. I would like to see Gnomish Event in Dun Morogh, like the invasion of Gnomeregan/Liberation of Gnomeregan.. To lead up to Cata :D.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

Operation: Gnomeregan needs to be a thing.

Besides that, putting my blatant soft spot for the Alliance aside, I'd actually like to see some Horde/Cenarion RP in places like Desolace. I really like Delta's events, but they're soooo spaaarse :(
Your stories will always remain...
[Image: nIapRMV.png?1]
... as will your valiant hearts.
(10-16-2012, 09:32 AM)Bingles Wrote: I am going to put this in short, because I don't have that much time. I would like to see Gnomish Event in Dun Morogh, like the invasion of Gnomeregan/Liberation of Gnomeregan.. To lead up to Cata :D.

This. I just made a Gnome. That event would be.. Awesome! *.*
"Excellence is when failure becomes improvement"

[Image: a7KvoWr_460sa_v1.gif]
Faction: Alliance, since the Horde is getting a lot of love from the server right now.

Race: Dwarves. Dwarves and Gnomes particularly.

Event: I'd love to see something dealing with technology and magic working together...and not in the favor of the characters. I'm all for what Cara is saying here:

(10-16-2012, 09:05 AM)Caravan Wrote: Event Type: How about traveling RP meets archaeology? Explorer's League stuff. Or a science committee investigating strange weather/planetary phenomena.

And with some elements of dungeoneer incorporated. Not enough Dwarf, technology, and magic RP happens on the server.

Other: Just some other ideas~
  • Involvement of Goblins if the event has to do with technology?
  • If travel/exploring RP, split people into multiple teams and keep the teams far from contacting each other for the most of the event? That might help keep things calm on the main chat and keep things from feeling too casual.
  • Sign up event? If so, then perhaps all of the characters involved should have to have some kind of skill that will come into play during the event.
  • Instead of a spooky tone (even though I love the spooky), incorporate a setting that feels mechanical, lifeless, and dangerous? Like a sentient machine.
  • Every character is assigned a purpose? Something that's not too concrete but definitely unique for each character. Restrictions create dynamics. Dynamics are good.

That's about all I can come up with.
[Image: anim_500.gif]
Faction: Alliance vs. Horde

Race: N/A

Event Type: Isle of Conquest gets messy. Nuff said.

Other: N/A
[Image: stonetalon-mountains.jpg?w=760]
Faction: Alliance. I think there are quite a few opportunities for Horde, especially with a high BElf population as well as a constant fluctuation of Orc activity. I'd like specifically attention to alliance as it pertains to the future upscale in faction conflict, and events that can help build the conflict within the server and not just what is there and upcoming in lore.

Race: I love Dwarves as everyone knows, but I think Humans and to a degree NElves are going to be the ones to push the Alliance towards the above goal. Dwarves, Gnomes, and Draenei will likely be the ones following the lead instead of setting the pace, and while they all still could use some attention, I think the time to light the fuse is coming.

Event Type: I'd like to see a combination of inter-faction warfare, as well as situations where we see if the factions can put aside their differences for the common good, or if they try to leverage the common enemy into a weapon against their opponent.

Other: As a note about the above, it doesn't necessarily mean there needs to be 24-7 combat. I feel like there needs to be an air of strategy, like camping in strategic locations, or scouting missions. The idea is to build to eventual battle, but find the story in the growing conflict, and make those who hold a neutral stance really have a reason to debate their neutrality. Will they continue to fight for the good of all people? Will they choose a side that looks like they will win? Will they choose loyalty to their race? I think that for the server to gain some life through events, we need to shake character's morals and beliefs, and find out if after the dust settles they are willing to live and die by those beliefs. It's not about forcing people to lose their neutrality, but rather understanding why they are, and if they truly are.
Faction: Horde

Race: I'd like to see some troll events, as seen resently, I've been the only one who has made troll specific events in a long time (Sorry if this is wrong)

Event: Maybe some tribe feuding or something to help take back the Echo Isles? (Groshner would love to mess up the Darkspear xD)

Other: N/A
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec
Echo Isle event has already taken place, hosted my Mezrin.
ohǫnˀadaga:yǫh

gnome guy

...crap...are you sure? When was that, cause a GM told me all of the phases there where taken for that stuffs :P
In darkness we are born, in shadows we are raised

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zK4h9xR7Dec

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Rigbuild 2: Interest Inventory Rigley 18 3,869 07-21-2014, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Rigley
  Rigley's Cataclysmic Interest Inventory - Round 1 Rigley 27 4,184 05-18-2013, 10:10 AM
  Rigley's Answer-Blog Rigley 7 1,742 03-13-2013, 10:00 AM
  Rigley Ramble (Sorta): On Stagnation Rigley 31 6,111 10-17-2012, 10:42 AM
  Rigley is Adrift Rigley 6 1,655 10-10-2012, 09:55 AM
Last Post: CappnRob