The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Text based RP question.
If one was to Dungeon Master a text based RP session, would it be breaking the rules to play out a made up NPC character? For example; a made up enemy we fight, or a character that would ask for a job done, or one that would give depth to a story line.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."
...No?

I don't quite understand the question. Is this CotH canon RP? If so, just don't get too crazy with the NPC or what he/she offers. Lots of people on here use text mediums like Skype or AIM or MSN for RP for their CotH characters or storylines. It helps a lot when people can't get in-game for various reasons.

Again, don't get too crazy.
[Image: tumblr_nfm4t0FZcT1rtcd58o1_r1_500.gif]
The reason why we generally disallow players from puppeting NPCs in-game is because players often abuse the relations they have with those models. Two instances I've known is when they claim to be a buddy of a lore figure, or when they RP out guards ignoring a crime taking place right before their very eyes. That's bad. However, if they're a bunch of nameless folks created just to give permission to enter a dungeon, don't be afraid to create them.

Even within in-game, if it is an event, you can "create" an NPC for your party to fight or add to an RP story. What matters is that all parties agree. What is not allowed by players in COTH is puppetting in-game modeled NPCs, especially lore figures and guards. In those very cases, you would need to request a GM come in and puppet those models for you.

Otherwise, in events and other arranged gatherings, especially text-based RP, feel free to create invisible NPCs to add to the RP. This is granted this is CotH canon RP. If you're RPing outside of CotH canon, then the rules are yours to create and bend. We have no jurisdiction there :)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Cheers 'tis all I needed to know.
"Even a stopped clock, tells the right time twice a day."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Where can I find RP for my character? RP activity based on Race/Class Geoni 1 908 02-17-2013, 01:04 PM
Last Post: Caravan
  Forum-based Gilneas roleplay? Dae 11 2,047 06-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Last Post: Emma
  Long-span races and age (Lore-based) Lynoa06 10 1,903 02-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Last Post: Lynoa06
  A question on the Scarlet Crusade (Faction Question) Toulac 8 2,527 10-12-2009, 11:48 PM
Last Post: Diethe
  /s(text)+Spell/action Topic/idea's Fingelspark 4 974 08-26-2008, 06:11 AM
Last Post: Fingelspark