The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Living in the Past.
This is a topic to bring up something 'new.' We all know that we're in a limbo in the present. We're waiting on Cata, and don't want to do anything really large until then. So I bring you something else.

We all have character histories, it's part of the criteria of making a character, and most of ours has chapters that are vague or need more detail. So I bring up this. Why not have events that take place in the past. Things that your character has done, only relive it in an event sense. It would create interesting rp, and allow you to play your character in a different way. For instance, play as your Death Knight or Forsaken before their death, play like you were a high elf before you went to a blood elf. Create a much more deeper past for your character.

The events would be simple, events in the past such as the first and second war, and allow you to play your character to get an even deeper concept on who they are. Thoughts, comments? Post em up! I'll be researching the first war and get back to ya for an event around it! (After I talk with the GM's about it of course.)
incredible idea.
The Family Tree

TheBook of ThePharaoh

Pharaoh's Colosseum

The Four Suns Inn

"What are we, as role-players, if not authors in real time?" - MrBubbles

"I've always treated Role-play as Collaborative Writing. Co-authoring the stories of your characters, alongside other people." - Flammos200
Might be fun, especially if it's First or Second War,and really give Telathis a chance to shine... if I can ever get him approved. Although the only battles he took part in were the ones seen in the Human campaign from the relevant games.
Just don't feature the battle of Sunnyglade... Wouldn't want to hear Mirran cursing in the background >.>
...That sounds like a fun idea.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

So, who's down for the event of Sersay killing her own mother? :3
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven."
-Take nothing for granted. -
[Image: tumblr_m3fonvvR601qktztio3_250.gif]
Alright, after reading the wiki (It's quiet vague) I have an idea. But because it takes place between orcs and humans, as you can expect, it will be done from either point of view. Because I have a love for the orcs, they'll be the first side we play from. I'll be talking with the GMs about a possible event involving the initial corruption of the orcs. To those who play younger orcs, I'll toss out the option to play their ancestors.
It could be very interesting, yes.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Are you talking about actually RPing our characters in the past, or time travel? For if the latter, refer to Caravan's Out of Time. :P

... Nevermind, I think I got the gist of it.
[Image: 6RpTZgI.gif]
(10-21-2012, 07:55 PM)zenethen Wrote: Just don't feature the battle of Sunnyglade... Wouldn't want to hear Mirran cursing in the background >.>
Why not?

Also... while there's the possibility of characters from 20~30 years ago meeting/working with each other to come off as contrived, we can always blame the Anthropic Prinicipal.

We could even have PvP events, content in the knowledge that our characters can't actually "die", since they're alive in the present. Unless you're Forsaken or a Death Knight, but even those usually have definitive pre-death points.

I'm a first-hand witness to the First War!
This is an idea I've toyed with, as well as a few other GMs.

... Particularly by making the Keepers of Time educate people on their own history to have them relive certain historical events that have been important to them in some way.

It's a very interesting idea. We'll see if we can actually make something of it.
Actually in the past Rowgen.

I was thinking a more personal touch, but I wanted to try the vague effects everyone before I started doing personal histories.
I would think more, replaying actual past events Loxmardin..not time travelling.

It's possible I join another private server when my mood lightens, with the purpose of replaying Vanilla times events on some of my characters....but I don't know any other good server. Still, it's an idea to explore, and I would indeed rather love a CotH experience, really.
Allons-y!

[Image: awesome-mario-gif.gif]

Have you hugged a dwarf today?
Well at the moment I am discussing the orc story behind the first war and into it. Hopefully I'll come up with something soon. But some notes ahead of time.

First off If this does come around, there will be a sign up. The reason behind this is because a GM suggested it so they can keep tabs on who's a 'past' player, and a current. We don't want paradox's.

Secondly As stated above, the rp would be past oriented only. If you play the character in the past, you can only rp with the characters who would be in your time as well. For the first arc involving the orcs, it will be closed to orcs (And possibly draenie) and so forth if this works out and we start doing other ideas.

Thirdly and finally If this indeed does take off and work out, expect more stories from different characters. Such as the war of the three anvils, the retaking of Silvermoon, the second war, etc.

I am accepting help. Lets face it, I don't do events a lot, so my style is still undefined. I'll contact a few people I know are good DM's for tip via skype, and I'll ask for all the other tips I can get.
I had thought the same, Rowgen, when I first read it.

I see how this could get really messy really quickly. I like the idea (obviously, as it's kinda similar to Out of Time in reasoning-behind-concept) but I think it has the potential to be very limiting:

1) If you have characters suddenly brought together in the past that never knew each other in the "present". So, what, they conveniently forgot each other? You have to carefully build the events so that there's no discrepancies?

2) For some who may have wanted to participate further, with the "ultimatum fixed points" like so-and-so leaving at a point...if that's near the beginning, the player might feel "put out" b/c they can't join in on the funsies.

I had two more but I plum forgot them! :)

I think this coud probably work, but it is going to take a lot of work. :)

Edit: Mm, ninja'd. I'll leave the Q's as-is, however.
[Image: 0f084241-4e8f-4ebc-9f46-e942e4c544a8_zps7e42bd8f.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Past Resurrections? snarky 6 1,168 03-03-2012, 08:52 AM
Last Post: Aphetoros
  Living DKs: Special profile? Kretol 52 7,709 05-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Psycho
  Living Death Knights and Other Questions hiddengecko 26 4,160 01-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Elves, those skinny fellows living up there in North! Liamsi 17 3,452 12-09-2010, 07:04 AM
Last Post: Liamsi
  'Living' Death Knights Mortiphobia 17 2,866 07-03-2010, 09:10 PM
Last Post: Bovel