The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A couple of things to mention.
Hello there CotH community. I'm Dino and I have recently joined this community, for only one goal which is to RP.

When I went IG, I found out something that kinda bothers me. I know I'm new, and I don't want to be a pain in the ass from the beginning, but it's something that I need to mention. The whole goal of RP realms is to have a lore from the first, and let the players change it as the RP goes on. For instance, somebody can gather up an army, kill the Lich King, and become the new Lich King. Or for example, an army of paladins, sworn enemies of the forsaken, can launch an attack on Undercity, kill Lady Sylvanas, and claim the lands of Lordaeron, and then no-body can create any new character with Forsaken race, at least that's the way it is on Blizzard. I know, it's not Blizzard, but there is a reason Blizzard RP realms are popular, they let people change the lore. So each on of their realms has its own custom lore. Right now in Rhodes realm, Lich King is a Night Elf...

Anyways, that was what I wanted to say, I came here with the expectation that GMs would posses bosses and play with them, and let the players RP with them. But an stable lore is against any type of RP.

PS: And just FYI, the most exciting RP scene of all time, was in one of the realms of Blizzard, in which Orcs and Forsakens launched an attack on Stormwind, try to find it on youtube and enjoy ^^
First off - Welcome to the server, mdino! I really do hope you have an enjoyable experience while here, even though I'm afraid I need to now explain to you why your hope of a Paladin army marching on Undercity (If only, amirite?) is just not realistically feasible here on CotH.

Conquest of the Horde is a 'Blizz Like' server in more ways than you'd think. While we do love to tweak and bend lore little bits and ways here and there, we largely aim to stay within the confines of Blizzard lore when it comes to the 'grand scheme' of things. A group of people setting up their own camp and -slowly- building it up into a small village via events, storyline development, and GM approval? That could fly, under certain circumstances.

Leading mercenaries on raids against numerous bandits, scourge, and other unorganized albeit troublesome perils? Sure.

Even larger storylines which -clip- the edges of established lore like say, our Argent Crusade-Hearthglen follow up Roleplays, or the GM run Dragonsworn RPs, or even creating brand new lore like Northwind? That's all good.

But we flat out avoid anything which will drastically change the world in a manner that has not been established in lore by Blizzard. Sometimes we'll bend a little on an issue regarding altering lore like that, but never break. Until Blizzard has a major city being invaded, or an entire race massacred out of existence, I'm afraid it will not fly here on CotH. We encourage our players to color on Blizzard's walls - not pull a bulldozer out and tear them down. =p

Hope that helps put everything in perspective for you, and I particularly hope it doesn't discourage you from remaining on the server and playing around - getting to know other players, getting involved in interpersonal RPs and character dramas, leading heroic missions against dangerous foes on a slightly more realistic scale (Like cleaning out a mine of bandits....rather than cleaning out an entire continent of undead), ect, ect, ect.

If you have any questions, we encourage you to shoot them to us here on the forums! You can also give our Private Discussions subforum a try for questions you only want GM input on.

Good luck!

EDIT: To note, GMs are always happy to provide advice, feedback, and GM support (puppeting NPCs, spawning, summoning, ect) on player run events.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
Thanks for the clarifications, I have some more things in mind, that I need to ask GMs and I will do them in the private board. Feel free to lock this topic.
As for my opinion on Custom Lore - it alienates far more people than it attracts. Sure, you might like it when you do something that completely changes the world - but would you really want to join a WoW server, wanting to play a character in the Warcraft Universe, but, say, found that Stormwind has been replaced with a brutal, theocractic dictatorship that slays magic users indiscriminately, and serves under some "Archbishop Emperor" instead of the established King Wrynn?

Or the lands of Ashenvale being reduced to completely charred wasteland, with Teldrassil turned into firewood?

Or how about you want to play, but find that the server's custom lore has otherwise decided to completely screw over your favorite race?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Things change Magikox 3 6,966 06-19-2015, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Kretol
  2 things, guild/location Samlock 4 2,202 08-24-2014, 02:50 AM
Last Post: flammos200
  Dk's, Can they forget certain racial things? Samlock 10 2,263 05-10-2014, 07:10 AM
Last Post: c0rzilla
  Things That Make You Go LOK'TAR Jonoth 10 2,239 07-16-2013, 06:46 PM
Last Post: Valicor
  An End to All Things Holynexus 12 3,103 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM
Last Post: Holynexus