The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Grilnoz Financial [Cata-Guild]

(( This guild will not officially launch until Cata. This is also a very rough post, still a work in progress. I apologize for how un-spiffy this post looks when compared to other guild posts. I'm new at this :( ))

Grilnoz Financial
(( Spiffy looking graphic banner will come whenever I, or someone else, can make one ))

Professional financing, when you least expect it.™

What is Grilnoz Financial?

Grilnoz Financial is one of the many fine subsideris of Thorsocket International. Having been operating in Ratchet for over 20 years, Grilnoz Financial has helped many struggling entrepeneurs attain the investment opportunity necessary to make their dreams come true. Whether you need a small loan for personal issues, or a large investment for a future start-up, Grilnoz Financial will help you with your economic needs!

What does Grilnoz Financial do, exactly?

In short, they are a goblin lending firm. Headed by Beranz Grilnoz, Grilnoz Financial loans out gold to individuals who need it. However, being situated in Ratchet, the company also takes interest in the general going-ons of the shady underbelly of the goblin city.

While not exactly a "crime" guild, Grilnoz Financial will have its hands in some not-so-virtous operations. They are more of a neutral, amoral guild, settled in the space that seperates law and crime.

Most of the drama from the guild will come from instances where individuals are unable, or refuse to, pay back their loans. That's when Grilnoz Financial stops acting nice and starts getting mean. "Forcible Foreclosure," they call it.

One way or another, a goblin gets his money.

What are the rules of the guild?

Standard server rules regarding respect / maturity / decency, etc etc, apply.

Other than that, remember; this is a goblin guild. More specifically, they are considered a part of the Steamwheedle Cartel. This means that characters are expected to behave as neutral as possible, and in abiding to general goblin customs.

Be. Professional. This is a company, and you're expected to behave as a company-man/woman. Set aside racial prejudices, but don't go acting all cuddly with every passing fool. Do not look at things in terms of "right" and "wrong." Concentrate solely on the coin.

At the end of the day, it's all business.

Recruitment

I guess I'll get this out of the way.
Characters without a profile will not be allowed to join.

You do not need to be a grunt, nor do you need to have the character level 80, but you will need to have a profile that is already approved in order to join this guild.

I will not be accepting throw-away alts into the guild. I want actual characters to be a part of this. I don't want to have 50 people sign up for the guild and then have them forget about it in a few weeks.

Recruitment, therefore, is limited. I'm hoping that I'll get a small group of dedicated players, rather than a mass of people who only show up for events.

Other than that, remember that this is a neutral Cartel guild. Obviously, the majority of the members will be goblin. Those of the other races are welcome, but as with all Cartel associates they must be unaffiliated with their native faction in order to join.

You can't be a sworn member of the Alliance or Horde and roll with the Steamwheedle Cartel at the same time. Just doesn't work that way, yo.

If you want to join, post here and send me a PM when Cata goes live. The PM has to include a link to your character's profile. I'll review it, and admit / refuse things on a case by case basis.

General Attire and Ranks and Stuff.

This is a business! Look and dress professionally. While on the job, wear your best suit and or most professional attire. In combat situations, of course, wear whatever's gonna get you not-killeded.

The ranks are as follows.

CEO -- Beranz Grilnoz. He's da boss. Owns the company. It has his flipping name on it!

Manager -- The, uhh, other bosses. They manage stuff. Tell people what to do, when to do it. Usually work close to Beranz.

Negotiator -- These are our PR people. They go out, travel, smile pretty and speak cordially. Social skills are a must. Business savvy, these individuals go out looking to make a loan deal with whoever needs them. They work hard to make deals, and keep them. Often they'll be called to, as their name suggests, negotiate when things start to badly. Certainly the busy-bodys of the company.

Sweeper -- Grilnoz Financial has more of these than most people realize. In the unfortunate circumstance that the company has to engage in a "Forcible Foreclosure," they send in the sweepers. These are the combat forces of Grilnoz Financial, expected to be skilled in all manners of violence. They know how to break legs, twist fingers, and fight their way through any resistance encountered. Remember; one way or another, a goblin gets his money.

Intern -- Lowest rank of the company. Usually the freshest of recruits, interns work diligently doing the jobs nobody wants to do for very little pay. During this time period, the company observes the intern to see what he or she is good at. Those who can put up with it are groomed to be Negotiators or Sweepers.

Questions? Comments? Conceeerrns? Interest....?

Post it!
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."
Bumping this due to Cataclysm and the upcoming wave of goblins!

Need something for a business-savvy, professional grade goblin? Looking to climb the Cartel ladder? Wanna dance on the line between law and crime? Looking for an RP experience that can best be described as "The Office" meets "The Godfather" and Takashi Miike?

This business is for you!

Activities will include loaning out money to people, taking all their stuff when they can't pay, and walking around in business suits while cool music plays in the background.

P.S -- I have no idea how to run a guild or events. So prepare for some bumps. It's gonna be a learning process for me.
Spoiler:
[video]www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U[/video]

"What a mess we made, when it all went wrong..."

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Confession [Guild] Reigen 16 7,563 06-04-2014, 07:03 AM
Last Post: muhaha8
  How to Get a Guild Subforum Grakor456 9 2,985 02-12-2014, 12:52 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Inactive Guild Subforums Loxmardin 4 1,641 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Regiment [Guild] Jonoth 14 3,748 01-09-2014, 06:55 PM