The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Choose Your Level
I'm sure that I'm a minority in this but I enjoy actually working my way up the ladder. Starting out at 60 and then smashing everything like a game of whack a mole, though fun for a while, is not nearly as gratifying as reaching the higher ranks through quests. On the PTR for WoW you're able to choose to be the highest or start from one. If this option existed I at least would appreciate it.
(If not then can I have the information of who to contact to level my characters down in the future?)
Edit edit: Oh, dang, I thought you were asking at first IF you could -- yeah. *Coughs* Completely my bad.
(06-12-2013, 08:01 PM)5uper1337 Wrote: I'm sure that I'm a minority in this but I enjoy actually working my way up the ladder. Starting out at 60 and then smashing everything like a game of whack a mole, though fun for a while, is not nearly as gratifying as reaching the higher ranks through quests. On the PTR for WoW you're able to choose to be the highest or start from one. If this option existed I at least would appreciate it.
(If not then can I have the information of who to contact to level my characters down in the future?)

It might not be possible to work up the ladder. A lot of quests and NPCs are broken (even the starting ones).
I suppose it would be too much to ask then if I cannot find enough quests to level up with that I be leveled through the amount of time spent or the effort of attempting the quests? I can understand it being a problem, I just wish to at least be leveled down to 10 at the least. Being 60 and unable to level past 60 leaves no room for experiencing hardships for writing your own story with the quest lines you go through because everything would be horribly under leveled and easily destroyed. I don't really mean to be a bother, I'd just appreciate being lowered so I can at least attempt to work my way up.
Keep in mind that this core is still technically in an alpha state. With so many things broken and/or incomplete, any attempts at questing would only end in frustration and a mess of bugs. That is part of the reason why everyone now starts at 60.

Conquest of the Horde is a roleplaying server first and foremost. I do suggest that if you want the leveling experience, playing retail (or at least a private server dedicated to PvE content) would be better suited for that.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
The quest lines shouldn't really be used as a basis for your character's story anyways. Some of them are plausible ICly (like killing 10 wolves, gathering 10 apples), but we do not take levels themselves as reflective of character strength or character development. Basically from an RP standpoint there is no difference between your character being level 60 or level 85. Your level is disregarded in RP.
Oh I know, I wasn't saying that my level should be a problem for RP. It's just that I'm sure even the greatest heroes weren't able to fell any beast with on hit as they started their adventure. It required training and experience. I'm more of asking for a struggle to exist than anything. As for the quest line story being added to the RP, I was going more of the general "And so he went to help [insert faction here] by [overall important quest]" Not that it'd be solely for that, but it's nice to have a spot to stay grounded to. In any case it doesn't ruin the experience at all, I'm sure I can find something to do with insane strength and health from the start.
There can be character progression without a leveling experience. Say your character is a lowly beggar in the streets of Stormwind. One day he happens upon a magical duel between two great magi. He is amazed at their skill and fascinated by the magic they wield. Soon enough, he approaches one of these magi and asks to be trained. He then spends years under said mage's tutelage, etc, etc.

I, for one, love this kind of RP.
(06-13-2013, 09:21 AM)5uper1337 Wrote: Oh I know, I wasn't saying that my level should be a problem for RP. It's just that I'm sure even the greatest heroes weren't able to fell any beast with on hit as they started their adventure. It required training and experience. I'm more of asking for a struggle to exist than anything. As for the quest line story being added to the RP, I was going more of the general "And so he went to help [insert faction here] by [overall important quest]" Not that it'd be solely for that, but it's nice to have a spot to stay grounded to. In any case it doesn't ruin the experience at all, I'm sure I can find something to do with insane strength and health from the start.

Your experiences should come from roleplay and not necessarily game play. I'm not sure if you just want to use the questlines for inspiration (if that is the case, broken or not, you can just read up about them on wowhead and use them for writing material). Most of the events that will make your character's past experiences would be worked out of the timeline while what affects your character at present is the roleplay they have(online), plus the experiences of your choice (within reason).

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second, swift flight form available for level 60. Kira13 10 2,982 08-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Level 80 Quest Suggestion! GeneralDefyre 8 1,715 09-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Armor level restrictions muhaha8 4 952 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Level to 50 DaveM 6 1,293 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DaveM
  Level cap. Vagabond 34 4,784 06-13-2010, 12:44 PM
Last Post: Harmonic