The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Level cap.
Remove pre-approval level cap requirements for grunt's characters, please.
-Michael

[Image: badge.jpg]
WTF is up with this? ^
How about giving a reason for it? Because I don't see why it should be removed... :roll:
While I am no fan of it either, I think there needs to be a proper reason. :/
Dulche et decorum est.Pro patria muori.

[Image: awawwaw.gif]

Only in death...
Honestly, can't say it bugs me. I consider the level 50 cap a good way to prevent people from simply leveling all the time, and even for grunts.. it should stay. I like it, at some point I want more RPish items, and it motivates me more to write up the profile.

Remove the cap and you will definitely see a drop rate in written profiles.

I vote for keeping it. ^.^
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Aruen Wrote:Honestly, can't say it bugs me. I consider the level 50 cap a good way to prevent people from simply leveling all the time, and even for grunts.. it should stay. I like it, at some point I want more RPish items, and it motivates me more to write up the profile.

Remove the cap and you will definitely see a drop rate in written profiles.

I vote for keeping it. ^.^

Interesting way of putting it. I personally think people would stop complaining about the leveling cap if they had no reason to fear gear-farming and money-collecting. So alas, this isn't the last of posts like this.

Only in death...
On a somewhat related note:

I thought about this the other day. Levelling a not-yet approved character to 40 and 50 means you can wear a much larger variety of clothes and effects, but once you're on your 8th or 9th character, manually levelling just isn't that much fun any more.

On one hand, I'd welcome a system that would let me take a character to 50 instantly until the character was approved. On the other hand, this would seem a little like favouritism towards grunts, which I can't support. But either way making it easier to get to 50 would be really great.

Perhaps one could buy a token that could be exchanged for a level boost to 50. Something like 500 gold or similar?
This all has gotten me talking. I personally agree that starting OFF at level 50 would actually be a good thing. Seeing as for many, the level grinding is tedious and breaks away from the Roleplay.

But a question...

What if it was OPTIONAL?

Only in death...
I don't see the harm in both grunts and peons starting out at level 50. I think it would actually improve the RP since the perceived "need" to level would be completely eliminated from the server in this way. Starting out at level 50 would be ideal, and the only way to get higher is to get the character approved. A very satisfying way of doing it. Minimal time is spent on levelling or grinding, that way.

Of course it should be optional if some people happen to really love levelling the old-fashioned way when bored, but I think it would be a great idea otherwise.
waffenbaum Wrote:I don't see the harm in both grunts and peons starting out at level 50. I think it would actually improve the RP since the perceived "need" to level would be completely eliminated from the server in this way. Starting out at level 50 would be ideal, and the only way to get higher is to get the character approved. A very satisfying way of doing it. Minimal time is spent on levelling or grinding, that way.

Of course it should be optional if some people happen to really love levelling the old-fashioned way when bored, but I think it would be a great idea otherwise.

Ah, but yet one issue remains. People will still moan about not being able to get appropriate gear and sets for their characters. Yet placing them in vendors for near nothing will make grinding too easy.

Only in death...
I started on WoW and CoTH a little over a month ago. The biggest advantage I had by starting at lvl 1 was questing, because it helped me learn the land and a bit of lore along with it. So when I went to write my profiles, I had a better idea of what I was doing. So perhaps the insta-50 could be based on race ie if you have an approved human character then any other humans you make can get instant leveled to 50 at the jump. I also like the idea of the optional leveling to 50. But I do think that to get ahead will require some demonstration of knowledge of the lore or a well developed character to earn the leveling.
Agreeable, but I taught that is what the applications where for. Either way, while that is correct, you cannot learn all the essential parts of lore just by questing. Keep in mind many quests are also bugged.

Only in death...
As long as you don't instantly start out at level 50, I'm good. I like the levelling, each time I do it I find new and different quests, despite it being OOC. I also like the exploring personally. As suggested, make it optional, not a forced thing if the whole thing ever changes. Despite quests being bugged, they are still fun to do.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Not to say the buggyness deprives them of their fun-factor. But many good quests are incompleatable. And thus you miss some of the better bits. Above all it is a shame...

Only in death...
The idea of having the level 50 cap is to give people a reason to create profiles and delve deeper into their character's history and such. If we didn't have the level 50 cap then there wouldn't be as many people creating profiles and, if you want to simply level for the quests then you can just level once your character is approved. People have done that before and it works rather well.
A) I like being able to customize my characters appearance, fully, without having to wait the month (give or take a week) to get an application approved.
B) It's not hurting anyone; You can already grind to fifty, is the other thirty levels that big of a deal?
C) You can do it, or you don't have to do it. Your choice.
D) It can have penalties; Those being the inability to get the ten silver tokens and two thousand gold.
E) Gives you something to do when everyone online is busy/somewhere your characters wouldn't be.

The "people will just grind" argument is kinda pointless, seeing as you could "just grind' with the current system.
-Michael

WTF is up with this? ^

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Second, swift flight form available for level 60. Kira13 10 2,982 08-19-2013, 07:36 PM
Last Post: WindZealot
  Choose Your Level 5uper1337 8 2,272 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM
Last Post: Wuvvums
  Level 80 Quest Suggestion! GeneralDefyre 8 1,715 09-22-2011, 11:01 PM
Last Post: Ural
  Armor level restrictions muhaha8 4 952 11-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Last Post: muhaha8
  Level to 50 DaveM 6 1,293 06-17-2010, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DaveM