The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

[Inactive] The Citizen: Recruiting Reporters!
“Every day you have the opportunity to learn and experience something and someone new. Seize the opportunity. Learn and experience everything you can, and use it to change the world.”

-Rodney Williams-

[Image: ipcq9y.jpg]
The Citizen

1. About
The Citizen is a guild that functions as a newspaper whose members gather information about events that happened in Azeroth and writing articles based on these facts and opinions.

As a start, the newspaper will be issued once a month.

2. Ranks
There are four ranks in The Citizen. Each of the ranks has their responsibilities.
All ranks will be allowed to write articles, with the exception of the interns.

The Chief Editor
The Chief Editor serves as the Guild Master whose responsibilities include proof-reading articles received from the editors, putting the newspaper together, handling complaints or questions and taking responsibility for any issues that may occur regarding the newspaper.

The Editors
The Editors serves as Officers whose responsibilities include assigning topics to the Reporters and seeing the articles written by the reporters, proof-reading it and making corrections and suggestions to improve the article, which in turn leads to a better readability of the article.

The Reporters
The Reporters serves as Members whose responsibilities include conducting interviews, observing events and ultimately writing an article on the topic, which are in turn given to an editor accompanied by a photograph regarding the article.

The Interns
The Interns serves as the Initiate rank. The Interns will be a helping hand for the reporters and editors to assist them when they conduct interviews and help them write articles, if needed.

3. In Character Rules
You are expected to respect the decisions of those of higher rank than you, act maturely and consider others in your actions. Most importantly, you must be punctual. Not being on time for meetings and handing articles in late will not be tolerated.

4. Out of Character Rules
All server rules apply.
As noted in the In Character Rules section, you must be punctual. All articles are to be handed in to the appropriate person on or before the specified date.
The Chief Editor and Editors are to ensure that reporters will be allowed to conduct interviews at an event by asking the leader of the event at least 7 days before the start of the event.

5. Requirements
The character joining the guild is expected not to be in another guild, to avoid any conflict with loyalty that may occur.
Joining the guild does not ask that you have experience in writing articles and conducting interviews, for this is an opportunity to gain experience. Those applying to the rank of Editor, however, are asked to at least have fair knowledge on English.

6. Joining
The guild will require at least two Editors and three Reporters on each faction. There are no limit on Interns.
To apply, fill in the application form which can be either sent to me in a personal message, or posted on this thread.

Spoiler:
Code:
[b]Character Name:[/b]
[b]Character Faction:[/b]
[b]Position applying to:[/b] (Editor/Reporter/Intern)
[b]Why you would like to be an editor:[/b] (Those applying for Editor only)

7. Current Members
I will keep the list of member updated to ensure that I have received all applications.

Spoiler:
Chief Editor:
(1/1)

Andreas (Whorak)

Editors:
(1/2)

Trot'ta (ImagenAshyun)

Reporters:
(A 2/3) (H 1/3)

Pollina (Stealthscout) - Alliance
Nikolisko (Nikolisko) - Alliance
Korvon (Saetik) - Horde

Interns:
[Image: 2dhb5u0.jpg]

......Newspapers need funding, don't they?

:3
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
(07-12-2013, 09:19 AM)Clovis Wrote: ......Newspapers need funding, don't they?

:3

You can always donate gold to the cause if you want to, Clovis! Beat Up

I was thinking more of an investment really. :D
(07-12-2013, 09:27 AM)Clovis Wrote: I was thinking more of an investment really. :D

I would gladly accept an investment in the form of a character in one of the ranks! Beer

I would personally be interested in lending Zero Quikfix, a Goblin doctor, to act as a medical consultant for the paper. And Reginald Briarthorn would very much likely to exert some...financial influence on you guys.
(07-12-2013, 10:04 AM)Clovis Wrote: I would personally be interested in lending Zero Quikfix, a Goblin doctor, to act as a medical consultant for the paper. And Reginald Briarthorn would very much likely to exert some...financial influence on you guys.

If you want the characters to physically join the guild, I could actually create a rank for them (Like the Blood Knights who have the Auxiliary rank).

But either way, it would be a pleasure having some more additions to the newspaper!

I WOULD JOIN /joins with Pollina.
Lots of openings as Reporters and two Editor spots still open!

Apply by filling in the form under heading number 6 (Joining) and sending it to me as a personal message, or posting it here on this thread!

While I won't join due to my expected absence, I still wish you good luck, Whorak. Hope this gets up off the ground - seems very promising!
Active Characters:
Velennia - Anchorite. Has a strange liking for tea.
Vynthia Blackfire - Magistrix. Craves sightseeing.
Vanessa Briarthorn - Seemingly timid housewife. Enjoys painting.

I hope for Trot'ta (Trotta ingame) to join! :)
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
I have added the rank of Intern for those who would like to join, but are not 100% comfortable with their reporter skills OOCly. Read the post for more details! :)

Lots of openings still in the guild. I would encourage any one to give it a try!

Apply by filling in the form in the main post and sending it via PM or posting it here as a comment! :)

Oi. How's this guild going?

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
We are still in need of a few more reporters and an editor before we officially begin.Tongue

(07-26-2013, 05:56 PM)Maulbane Wrote: Oi. How's this guild going?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Inactive Guild Subforums Loxmardin 4 1,641 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Inactive] House Baerth Valandil 9 2,292 07-17-2013, 10:07 PM
Last Post: Maulbane
  The Buckthorn Raiders [Inactive] Stormgald 1 817 06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
Last Post: Killazer
  Andu-falah-dor [Inactive] Stormgald 8 1,869 02-06-2011, 08:45 PM
Last Post: Spiralin
  Stormshade Clan ( Now Recruiting.) therew 11 1,977 10-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Last Post: Guest