The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Ahoy! Introduction!
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
I have been a roleplayer from a young age, about 7-8... my dad, who is an elder d&d and fantasy literature enthusiast, go me into my first adventures, from which I moved to more hardcore gaming. I always kept my passion to role play, even in the most peculiar video game settings.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
Israel.
Hebrew, although my English is almost at a native language level.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
Around 2005 my high-school friends got me hooked on Wow, after which I explored the whole franchise.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?: After a 2 year hiatus from WoW, I googled "private WoW RP sever", and Conquest of the Horde looked the most promising.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
Recently I am drawn to indie systems, where there is more focus on storytelling the story, then acutely participating as solo character in a party or what not. I am also drawn to many settings where you play an unconventional character, like Nobilis or unconventional systems like Ars Magica and Unknown Armies.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Night Elf Druid.
This was my first and most favorite in WoW, which persisted to the roleplaying I had on some RP servers.

During my later days on Argent Dawn EU RP server, I hooked up with some veteran players who formed an awesome night elf only guild, which took my night elf to many hair-raising adventures. This guild eventually got rooted in the server and became a tale and lore among the characters.

What are your expectations of this server?:
Providing a ripe field to experience World of Warcraft once again, to create interesting content for individuals and the server alike.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
"Faction NPC Deaths". This brings to attention the most importent ingredient in roleplaying WoW for me, consequences.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"):
Yes.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!:

The days are getting cooler and shorter. Winter is approaching.

“…And so, Queen Azshara, the kingdom of Loreth'aran must respectfully decline the Elven throne’s generous offer. Even if the dangers you describe in your letter are indeed threatening our kingdom, we are fully capable of vanquishing them. Best of wishes, Lord Magister Dylirian”.

“Very well, my lord”, said Captain Celebrian Stalwart, the Kingdom’s commander of the Dragon-riders, “I couldn't have written it better myself”.
“You probably couldn't”, said Dylirian... He then turned to the Azsharien messenger who stood by the door, “Please, stay with us for the summer’s farewell ceremony. So you can witness the might of Loreth'aran and deliver our reply in good spirits”.

“As you wish, Lord Dylirian”, said the messenger quietly.
“...And tell your queen, we don't need her cloaked sentinels running around here...” added Captain Stalwart in a low voice.
“Enough, Celebrian." said Dylirian in a scolding manner "We shouldn't risk our friendship with Zin-Azshari.”.

The messenger bowed, sinking low, and left their presence.

Lord Dylirian stood in his room, examining his robes. They were very colorful and matched the ceremony’s atmosphere completely. The summer’s farewell celebrations were supposed to be extraordinary – this summer was the best one Loreth'aran had in many years. The great market was full of elves buying and selling, the mining operations produced seemingly endless resources and the people were happy. There were some misfortune events too, but the summer was indeed a very good one.
His latter son, Alledrian, walked into the room. Dylirian turned to him...
“How do I look, Alledrian?”
“Most well, father. These robes will enchant the common folk”. Alledrian himself wore a full green-scaled suit of armor and wore his sword. He was a Dragon-rider in training, Captain Stalwart’s only student. He had a lot of potential. Everything was very well in Loreth'aran, Dylirian told himself. Everything was very well in his kingdom indeed.

Lord Dylirian, Captain Stalwart and Prince Alledrian stood on the decorated stage, waiting for the delegation of priests to return from the forest, from Aessina's shrine and announce the rituals are over and Loreth'aran is protected from the winter’s harm. Lord Dylirian didn't believe in any of these rituals, but the prominent elves in Loreth'aran did, and they were the ones who funded some of his operations. But as time slowly progressed ... the delegation was running very late.

From the corner of his eye, he saw an expression of uneasiness on his son’s face. He was stretching his legs.
“Stand still, whelp. The people are watching”.
“Father, I am wearing full body armor, not silk robes”.
“I didn't tell you to wear armor”.
“That’s right... I did”. He heard Celebrian’s low voice from behind, “Alledrian, if you wish to wear prince's silk I can find myself another student”.
“No!” whispered Alledrian loudly.
“So carry your duties in honor. And quietly”.
“Yes, Captain”.

Lord Dylirian looked at them with profound jealousy. Before he could tell Alledrian his mind about him going off to be the Kingdom’s Captain, loud voices were heard, his gaze turned to the far inner-walls.
Finally, he thought.

But as the voices grew louder he realized these are not cries of joy, but moans of terror. Smoke was rising from the north.

Captain Stalwart drew his sword out of its sheath and led a group of riders, making their way through the bewildered crowd. Alledrian looked like he was halfway to join them, but he decided to stay next to his father. Captain Stalwart and his riders returned shortly after, carrying a priestess. Her face was bloodied, but Lord Dylirian managed to recognize her: She was the temple’s moon priest.

“What happened? Where are the rest?” Lord Dylirian inquired.
“Dead, my lord” said the priestess, breathing heavily.
“You are the only survivor?” asked Captain Stalwart suspiciously. The priestess paid him no heed.
“HE wanted you to see this...”
Lord Dylirian looked at the symbol of three talon-like wounds still bleeding on the maiden`s chest. His face was filled with fear.
“Messenger...” he called quietly and the elf stepped forward. “Forget about my original reply. Go now to Queen Azshara and tell her... Tell her that the inner walls have been breached, Loreth'aran needs the throne’s help more than ever before..."

~ Shards of the Past

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?: Thank you for taking the time to review my introduction. ~Shay B.
Hello and welcome to Conquest of the Horde, Groksjin!

It's nice to see people signing up for the mentor program! Also, night elf druids? Something tells me we're going to get along just fine. :] Now, as per standard approval procedure...

Remember to read our rules and policies again – you’ve probably done this already, but it's something we expect everyone to be super familiar with! The FAQs are also an excellent source of information when you’re just getting started. Once you’ve done all this, make sure to create an in-game account here (if you haven’t already) using the same information you registered your forum account under.

When you create your account and log onto the server, do not forget to /join Chat, where you can talk with other players and ask questions.

We also have character creation tips and a lot of various guides that you may find useful when working on your first character or profile or just trying to get the feel of the server. This guide is recommended for all new players!

Lastly, feel free to toss me a PM if you still have any questions or concerns and I will try my best to respond soon!

But most importantly, have fun! ;)
-Dilly
Thank you for the acceptance and acknowledgement, I hope to get right to writing my character in the wiki,
while I helplessly wait for my client to download and update -_-

One question pops to mind, how do I get refereed to a mentor?

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Huxxley Intro (Ahoy there!) Huxxley 1 648 09-12-2011, 08:09 PM
Last Post: Dotsy
  Ahoy! plankcore 0 672 07-11-2009, 03:03 AM
Last Post: plankcore
  Ahoy me mateys! Reivaj 2 728 04-05-2009, 08:55 PM
Last Post: Reivaj