The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: In case I cannot do two weeks worth of events, how would you like the festival period to be planned out?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
1 week of events every day
25.00%
1 25.00%
2 weeks of events every other day
25.00%
1 25.00%
Delayed festival (doesn't have to be the week of Feb 14)
50.00%
2 50.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Love Festival 2014 Brainstorming!
You know the drill, folks!

The exact dates and hours for the annual Love-is-in-the-Air Festival (or simply The Love Festival) haven't been designated yet, but the working dates are February 9-22. The location is the Speedbarge in Thousand Needles, and we'll be working alongside Grogporter Trade who will also host events. IC, we will be docked for most of the festival until around the middle few days, when the Speedbarge will be setting off.

This year, we'll try to aim for at least 8 events throughout the festival, with repeats on the same day if hours are available for the hosts. Here are some for-sure events we'll be having this year:

• Bachelor Auction
  • Beauty Pageant/Couple Costume Contest
  • Mud Wrestling
  • Battle Couple Tournament (Winners get the Love Rocket!)
  • Cutest Single/Cutest Couple (determined by votes and total tickets gathered)

The Battle Couple Tournament will be replacing our usual racing games as we'll be in a location unable to host a race. This is a new one in that participants of the tournament must be a couple. You can either be mated, married, girl/boyfriend, crushes, male/male, female/female/ female/male, doesn't matter. You have to be a couple! As for the others, they're oldies but classically loved.

Other possible ideas include:
  • Impromptu Play
  • Eating Contest
  • The Blind Date Game
  • Goblin Hot Potato
  • Strip Poker
  • Singing Contest
  • Speed Dating

Additional suggestions are open until January 26, when a poll will be posted for players to vote for this year's events. The poll will be open until January 31st, wherein the event announcement with the final results and event rules will be posted.

Grogporter Trade, suggest events too!

Okay, folks! Fire those suggestions away!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
As always, definitely a fireworks show to close it out.
Spoiler:
[Image: 8Mh5ajm.jpg]
Strip poker is tradition, damn it!

If there's a play, Garridan probably won't help. Augh, the sea ain't no place for a bard.

Spoiler:
But he'll help if you want him to
…Kaldorei Buttgrabbing Corner.
Perhaps it is your imperfection that which grants you free will, that allows you to persevere against cosmically calculated odds. You prevailed where the Titans' own perfect creations have failed.

- Algalon, The Observer
Blind NPC dates!

Speedy non-NPC-dates!

Also what is Goblin hot potato? Does the potato explode?
(01-19-2014, 07:23 PM)Geoni Wrote: Also what is Goblin hot potato? Does the potato explode?

It does! Players of # numbers are assigned numbers and that whoever holds the bomb (non-lethal, it explodes to sugary goo!) must /roll # to throw the bomb to the contestant with that number. If you roll your own number, the bomb explodes on you and you're out. The game is much faster paced than it looks! For instance:

There are 4 players: Reigen, Krilari, Ce, and Stefano. Rei is 1, Kril is 2, Ce is 3, Fano is 4. Each must /roll 4, and with the DM's roll, Reigen starts with the bomb.

Reigen rolls 3. She throws it to Ce.
Ce rolls 2. He throws it to Krilari.
Krilari rolls 4. He throws it to Stefano.
Stefano rolls 4, his own number. Bomb explodes on him, and he's out.
The /roll is reduced to 3 and the game repeats until the last person standing is declared the winner.
This could be a kind of sub-event, where it goes over the entire event, but I have an idea I may or may not have gotten from playing AC2.

You give everyone that shows a ticket. You can either do it gender-segregated (I.E., different ticket colors per gender), or no. Over the event, it's your goal to persuade others into giving you their ticket. At the end of the event, we get a tally of who has the most tickets, and they get (X) prize.
Eating Contest for sure. I want to see my Amani go to town. Is it whole boar, or segmented in sausage form?
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Remind Project to set his clock this time.
(01-19-2014, 07:33 PM)ImagenAshyun Wrote: There are 4 players: Reigen, Krilari, Ce, and Stefano. Rei is 1, Kril is 2, Ce is 3, Fano is 4. Each must /roll 4, and with the DM's roll, Reigen starts with the bomb.

Reigen rolls 3. She throws it to Ce.
Ce rolls 2. He throws it to Krilari.
Krilari rolls 4. He throws it to Stefano.
Stefano rolls 4, his own number. Bomb explodes on him, and he's out.
The /roll is reduced to 3 and the game repeats until the last person standing is declared the winner.

"So that's what those 'officer meetings' are all about."

Also. Impromptu play. Yes.
I'd cut off the strip poker event mainly because I'd like to see more non-physical related relationships. None of my toons really engage in romance any more as it simply leads to quick ERP' (which is unfortunate). I've grown rather tired of that. (Amazing, I know. Surprised myself.) In that same light, unsure about the mud wrestling contest.

Perhaps something which pairs random people up to do a set of challenges or for a contest, ditch people in a line and give them a number. Same numbers team up.
What about a contest where two people in a couple both write all their grievances towards the other on a lil' piece of paper (or a Gnomish punch-card to make it that much more themed) and then have to show it to eachother? Perhaps behind the safety of a glass barrier for some couples.
(01-19-2014, 07:20 PM)Paylonas Wrote: As always, definitely a fireworks show to close it out.

We can certainly add a fireworks show in the closing ceremony :)

(01-19-2014, 07:23 PM)Geoni Wrote: Blind NPC dates!

Speedy non-NPC-dates!

Also what is Goblin hot potato? Does the potato explode?

Blind NPC dates sounds like an idea, but not so much speed. Speed dating involves a lot of people in one area, and unless we more than one GM puppetting an entire horde of preset NPCs in the speed dating area, it's gonna be difficult to host.

That said, if we can think of a way to make it work, it can certainly be added as an event option.

(01-19-2014, 07:49 PM)FlyingSquirrel Wrote: This could be a kind of sub-event, where it goes over the entire event, but I have an idea I may or may not have gotten from playing AC2.

You give everyone that shows a ticket. You can either do it gender-segregated (I.E., different ticket colors per gender), or no. Over the event, it's your goal to persuade others into giving you their ticket. At the end of the event, we get a tally of who has the most tickets, and they get (X) prize.

Sounds like a popularity contest! We can definitely do this, but we'll need to find a way to track how the tickets are obtained legitimately. I can imagine someone simply emoting "I got 100 tickets!" when in reality only two people RPed it out.

A possible idea is to spawn a stackable item where players would have to OOC trade as well as IC. I do like this idea, though. I'll see if it can be included :)

(01-20-2014, 06:34 AM)Psychyn Wrote: I'd cut off the strip poker event mainly because I'd like to see more non-physical related relationships. None of my toons really engage in romance any more as it simply leads to quick ERP' (which is unfortunate). I've grown rather tired of that. (Amazing, I know. Surprised myself.) In that same light, unsure about the mud wrestling contest.

Perhaps something which pairs random people up to do a set of challenges or for a contest, ditch people in a line and give them a number. Same numbers team up.

We've always had a "naughty" event in the Love Festival, and the Mud Wrestling contest was intended to be this with Strip Poker as an option as it's a popular game. Most other events are otherwise focused on either having singles find love or giving couples something to do. Actual romantic events for the masses are a bit more difficult to pull off because romantic moments tend to need privacy, thus excluding the need of a host unless that host is the one arranging the date/event for that couple.

The Battle Couple Tournament is one event where either singles are paired with a date or couples sign up together and, thus, intended to be that challenge for the pair to take up. It's not exactly romantic in the strictest sence, but it does focus on the most crucial elements of a relationship, established or not: trust and communication. Plus, I have a weakness for battle couples in general as a romantic pair archetype. Yes, eating cheese and wine in a candlelight dinner at the beach is lovely, but so is, let's say, a warrior husband and a priest wife kicking ass together.

That said, I can possibly add other challenges for couples or dating singles can do, like an obstacle course. I like your suggestions on how singles can be partnered up. We'll see if we can add it :)

(01-20-2014, 06:45 AM)Maulbane Wrote: What about a contest where two people in a couple both write all their grievances towards the other on a lil' piece of paper (or a Gnomish punch-card to make it that much more themed) and then have to show it to eachother? Perhaps behind the safety of a glass barrier for some couples.

A communication game! It sounds similar to the Blind Date game but with said grievances. What would be the goal, though?

That said, I have thought about a game where established couples can test their knowledge of one another. Again, I need to figure out the goal/rules then add it as an event option :)
Perhaps you could create a special item via TRP2?
Mud wrestling?

Strip poker?

Sign me up.
[Image: desc_head_freemasons.jpg]

△Move along.△

△△
△△△
△△△△

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: TLE Festival ImagenAshyun 4 103,722 02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  2015 Love Festival Brainstorming: Events! ImagenAshyun 3 1,843 01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  2015 Love Festival Planning: Location! ImagenAshyun 23 4,655 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM
  2014 Love Festival Event Poll! ImagenAshyun 2 1,144 02-10-2014, 12:16 PM
  Client Profile Archives 2013-2014 ImagenAshyun 22 3,704 02-08-2014, 05:14 PM