The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Poll: What events would you like for the 2014 Love Festival?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Impromptu Play
14.52%
9 14.52%
Eating Contest
16.13%
10 16.13%
The Blind Date Game
19.35%
12 19.35%
Goblin Hot Potato
11.29%
7 11.29%
Strip Poker
14.52%
9 14.52%
Singing Contest
9.68%
6 9.68%
Speed Dating
14.52%
9 14.52%
Total 62 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

2014 Love Festival Event Poll!
Heyo, folks! I sincerely apologize for the delays. The 2014 Love Festival, rather than on the 9th-22nd as originally planned, will be taking place from the 16th to the 28th. I will be working on a calendar, but I otherwise will not be having events on Thursdays (they're my most busiest days, plus they will be breather days for the DMs). I cannot have it on the 14th as I will be having work on the 14th-16th. I hope to go for at least 8 events this year, players' choice.

The tentative agenda will look as the following:

Not a final agenda!
Sunday, 16th: Opening Ceremony, Bachelor Auction
Monday, 17th: TBA
Tuesday, 18th: Beauty Pageant/Couple Costume Contest ((I have an eye exam that day. I may need someone to cover me))
Wednesday, 19th: TBA
Friday, 21st: TBA

Sunday, 22nd: Mud Wrestling Contest
Monday, 23rd: TBA
Tuesday, 24th: TBA

Wednesday, 26th: Battle Tournament (Winners get the Love Rocket!)
Friday, 28th: Cutest Single/Couple Contest // Closing Ceremonies

The formal Event Planning announcement will be providing the rules and regulations to the above events once I make them. The poll above otherwise will allow players to choose what events they'd like included in the Festival within the [TBA] slots :)

You can only choose up to 5 events. Here are your options!

Quote:
IMPROMPTU PLAY

A limited number of players can sign up to participate as actors while everyone else can attend and watch the show! The story itself will be a randomly selected premise in which the actor players will take roles and try to carry the story goal within 2 hours (must stay within 2 hours to prevent the event from dragging).

To allow the actor players time to prepare for the play, if this is added to the lineup, it will appear as the last [TBA] event.

Quote:
EATING CONTEST

This event will be played with singles against singles and couples against couples. The rules will be as follows:

SINGLES:

1.) IC, your character will be paired another (your potential date), where you will be feeding each other cupcakes. However, because this is a Singles event, you're still competing for yourself. The point of having a partner is just simple playfulness.

2.) The event will go by RW rounds, where you must /roll 5. #3-5 means you get to stay in the game, but #2 will mean that your character is feeling sick/choking/feeling grossed out by the flavor/whatever you wish. #1 is a Strike. 3 Strikes, you're out.

3.) Last player standing wins.

COUPLES:

1.) IC, your character will be paired with his/her lover in a team, where you will be given a larger cake for you to eat at a time. You can choose to feed your partner a chunk of the cake, stuff your faces like dogs, what have you. The point is to have you both finish the cake each RW round.

2.) The event will go by RW rounds, where both of you mus /roll 5. #3-5 means your character gets to keep competing, but #2 will mean your character is feeling sick/choking/feeling grossed out by the flavor/whatever yuo wish. #1 is a Strike. 3 Strikes means your character cannot continue, but if your partner is still able to continue, your team is still in the game. Your team is out when both of you get 3 Strikes.

3.) Last team standing wins.

Winners of each competition get a random prize!

Quote:
THE BLIND DATE GAME

This is a Singles only event.

One contestant will be seated and isolated from three others, who hide behind a curtain and away from view. After a series of questions, the isolated player will pick one out of three for a date in the cruise.

The isolated player have only three questions to ask; they must be prepared ahead of time in macros. The hidden potential dates have only 2 full emotes to answer, and they are to take turns in asking. Each hidden player has only 2 minutes to answer their question.

Who plays the role of the isolated contested and the ones obscured by a curtain will depend on the genders and orientations who show up to the event. If you intend to attend the event, please prepare your questions ahead of time, regardless if you're an questioning or answering player.

Quote:
GOBLIN HOT POTATO

Another roll-dependent game! Once more, this will have different competitions between singles and couples.

SINGLES:

1.) Gather in a circle. You will be assigned your number.

2.) Prepare to /roll #, with # being the total number of players available (if 8 players have gathered, you will /roll 8).

3.) The DM will randomly select who will be the first to hold the (actually harmless) bomb. Who holds the bomb must /roll #.

4.) Everyone must /roll # until someone rolls their own number. If you are assigned the number 4 and you /rolled 4, the bomb explodes on you and covers you in sugary, confetti-filled goo. You'd be out.

5.) Last one standing is declared the winner.

Sample gameplay:

Spoiler:

There are 4 players: Reigen, Krilari, Ce, and Stefano. Rei is 1, Kril is 2, Ce is 3, Fano is 4. Each must /roll 4, and with the DM's roll, Reigen starts with the bomb.

Reigen rolls 3. She throws it to Ce.
Ce rolls 2. He throws it to Krilari.
Krilari rolls 4. He throws it to Stefano.
Stefano rolls 4, his own number. Bomb explodes on him, and he's out.
The /roll is reduced to 3 and the game repeats until the last person standing is declared the winner.

COUPLES:

1.) Gather in a circle as teams. Decide who you want to participate first between your team, as one will catch the bomb at a time. Your team will be assigned a number. /roll # will be determined by the number of teams present.

2.) First player of the team will /roll # to pass the bomb. Once someone is out, his/her partner will take the loser's place and continue for that team.

3.) Last team member standing is declared the winner.

Sample gameplay:

Spoiler:

There are 3 teams: Krilari/Reigen (1), Cristovao/Diwaata (2), and Matthew/Victoria (3). Krilari, Diwaata, and Matthew decided among their couples to be the ones playing for their teams first. Each must /roll 3, and with the DM's random roll, Matthew gets the bomb first.

Matthew rolls 1. He passes it to Krilari.
Krilari rolls 3. He passes it back to Matthew.
Matthew rolls 2. He passes it to Diwaata.
Diwaata rolls 2. She drops the bomb and it explodes on her. Cristovao takes turns and he now is 2.
Cristovao rolls 1. He passes it to Krilari.
Krilari rolls 1. Bomb explodes on him, Reigen takes his place.

The /roll does not reduce until enough players are "out". Last person standing wins the game.

Winners get a randomized prize!

Quote:
STRIP POKER

You are not required to know how to play poker OOC (hell, I still don't). If you do, you may freely emote your hands, depending on your rolls.

The rules are simple and sweet: Everyone /roll 100 once for every RW, and lowest roller has to strip a major article/set of clothing. You are only allowed 5 "articles" of clothing. They are:
  • Hat (Jewelry counts for this too. All must be stripped at once)
    Chest
    Shoes
    Gloves
    Trousers

You're out of the game as soon as you are in your underwear. Full nudity is not allowed in this particular event (though if you hold a private strip poker game of your very own outside of this event, you are welcome to do so at your own discretion and with full party consent).

If the event ends up having more than 5 attendees, then the event will be divided up by groups of 5(ish) to prevent the event from dragging. As soon as a winner is determined within that party of 5, that winner can be pitted against the other winners with all their clothes fully on from the start of the new round. There are not couples/singles differences in this game.

Winner of this game gets a randomized prize!

Quote:
SINGING CONTEST

Players bring forth their musical characters to perform and sing! Sadly, we can't exactly make our characters belt out a rock ballad with our own lips or spell rotations, so judging will have to go differently.

Players in the audience will vote on the performer based on trust. Judgement on the performance is based on:
  • Song choice
    Stage presence
    Emote quality in between lyrics
    Usage of OOC spells for onstage special effects (IC provided by stage hands)
    General energy/emotion/mood of the song and performance

You are allowed to use real life songs--However, you are absolutely not allowed to use songs that use real life references to places and people. "I Can't Help Falling In Love with You" by Elvis Presley is absolutely fine, but "American Pie" by Don Mclean is absolutely forbidden.

A point system will be provided if you fulfill the above. In addition, an added point will be granted if you wrote the song yourself.

Winners get a randomized prize.

Quote:
SPEED DATING

This is a Singles only event.
This one will require you pay really good attention to your partner and that you make sure your typing speed is up to snuff (don't worry, slow typers are given leeway).

Tables will be set up in a ring where dates will be swapping partners. For this event, women will remain seated while men move from table to table; same sex dates will be set up depending on the turnout. You are given 10 minutes to chat and get to know your date before the RW announces the moving suitors to change tables.

The event ends when everyone participating would have chatted with all their dates according to their orientation. If the turnout (regardless of orientations involved) is low, the event will extend the swap time to allow more time for each date.

I will get to the confirmed event rules in the near future!

POLL ENDS FEBRUARY 11.
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]
Goblin hot potato with a real bomb?
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Poll ends tomorrow! Vote for your favorite events!
[Image: 3HQ8ifr.gif]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Interest Check: TLE Festival ImagenAshyun 4 103,722 02-20-2015, 08:12 PM
Last Post: MstrCorvus
  2015 Love Festival Brainstorming: Events! ImagenAshyun 3 1,843 01-20-2015, 11:04 PM
Last Post: ImagenAshyun
  2015 Love Festival Planning: Location! ImagenAshyun 23 4,655 01-17-2015, 02:29 PM
  Client Profile Archives 2013-2014 ImagenAshyun 22 3,704 02-08-2014, 05:14 PM
  Love Festival 2014 Brainstorming! ImagenAshyun 24 4,255 02-03-2014, 10:04 PM