The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

What races would actually become a Death Knight?
I'm confused if their is any races on azeroth or other that wouldn't ever become a death knight. I would like to RP a death knight furbolg, the ones from Northrend.
[Image: Brugerking_zpsb9358f74.gif]
As far as it can be shown, its just the 10 races in game, and then Vrykul. So, I'd stick with that, buddy.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

It's unlikely that you would be able to play a Frostpaw Furbolg Death Knight, as the playable Death Knights are from Archerus, a necropolis that floats over the Eastern Plaguelands, with the exception of Worgen Death Knights, who have something to do with Arugal or something or other. All playable races, save for the worgen, have the same likelihood of being a Death Knight assuming they were a member of the Argent Crusade before the events of Wrath of the Lich King.
Theoretically, any race around in WotLK could become a Death Knight. After all, it's stated on the Death Knight Races page that the LK was indiscriminate in raising his Death Knights. However, the Scourge doesn't have a real presence in Grizzly Hills, which is where the Northrend Furbolgs are, beyond the north. In the meantime, the Furbolgs are in the south.

Furthermore, a Death Knight is something... fairly un-Furbolg-like. Furbolgs wear very little armor and use primitive weapons; Death Knights are the exact opposite. As well as this, on the Furbolg wowpedia page, it doesn't state a class of theirs as Death Knight. So, while possible, it would be fairly far-fetched to assume that such a thing could exist. Generally, things on CotH like so aren't accepted without a lore precedent, and I can't find one in a preliminary search.

EDIT: @kindle135 The server also accepts Death Knights that were raised to inhabit Malykriss, Acherus's take-over in Icecrown.
In my book, a big part of the third gen DK candidacy is for said characters to be psychologically imposing.
While unlikely, there ARE Furbolgs in Northrend, and an undead bear-dude would be pretty darn intimidating.

I'd accept it, personally, but I'd need a strong character concept that would promote RP with other characters, including Non-DKs.

Derp, necro-post. Sorry. My tapatalk is going nuts right now it seems...

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sub-races and why We don't need to CMC them Thoradin 38 8,522 02-01-2014, 05:29 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel
  [WIP] Service After Death: A Death Knight Guide SachikoMaeda 43 6,152 02-07-2013, 08:08 AM
Last Post: SachikoMaeda
  Races and Mounts requiem225 10 2,406 06-26-2012, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Dae
  Races... useless? Aadora 62 10,057 01-04-2012, 09:14 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Runemaster gone death knight Kira13 46 7,715 12-12-2011, 03:47 AM
Last Post: Kira13