The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

The Benevolent God of Darkness' Introductory Thread
First and foremost: Tell us about yourself, as a player:
Well I enjoy playing games of a multitude of categories. Some of the games I play are Pokemon, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Guild Wars, Star Wars, Battlefield 4, Shadow Warrior, Sid Meier's Civ 5, and other assorted games. I don't really stick to one type of game, but I tend to stay away from scary games as I have never been a fan of horror movies/games.

My personality can seem abrasive to some people, even coming across as an absolutely prick, but I am also one of the friendliest people you'll probably meet...over the internet. I tend to be shy, anti-social, and stand-offish when it comes to face-face interaction however, and that is simply due to a strong distaste for meeting people in real life. I find it much easier to deal with people through skype, games, and my favorite of all being roleplay as a form of group activity as it tends to be easier to end said interaction should I grow aggravated.

What country do you come from? What is your primary language?:
United States of America, and I only speak English.

How did you get into Warcraft?:
I started playing World of Warcraft back when it first came out, and I believe I was ten at the time? I think it came out in 2004, or it may have been a year earlier than that.

How did you find us? Did anything in particular draw you to the server?:
I like to roleplay, I like world of warcraft, and so I typed into google "World of Warcraft Roleplay Private Server." The thing I like about your server is the application process to even get into it, and that way anyone on it will be a 'serious' roleplayer.

What kinds of roleplay do you enjoy?:
I enjoy a variety, but I tend to lean towards fantasy roleplay. Which tends to make World of Warcraft a primary candidate, but I could never find real RP on the official servers.

What is your favorite race/class? Why?:
Now this is a difficult question....my favorite race/class? My favorite race/class is the one that I can make the greatest/funnest/entertaining story for myself, and those around me. If the race/class does not produce a story enjoyable to both myself, and those around me? I hate it.

What are your expectations of this server?:
I am expecting a 'serious' yet friendly roleplay environment designed to entertain everyone, and I am hoping to create a fantastic story along the way.

Out of all of our rules and regulations listed on our server, which appeals to you the most?:
Honestly? I like quite a few of them, some of them are just standard RP rules, but my favorite out of all of them has to be the faction-npc deaths one. I tended to find people killing faction npcs, usually from my faction with my luck haha, but when I tried to retaliate...well I usually got yelled at by moderators for "breaking character" breaking character...haha...yeah...my character watched a close ally, a friend possibly, die in front of him yet I break character trying to kill the murderer.

Did you know that we have a Mentor Program? It's entirely voluntary and you as a new player can sign up for it right now in your introduction! Are you interested in signing up to be assigned a Mentor? If so, say so here (Please enter at least "Yes" or "No"): Yes...a thousand times yes. I am a bit rusty in regards to RP, took a break for a while, and I would love to have someone to travel with. I also had a few plans for my character, to explain why he is so weak when I start, and so having someone to mentor him would be great.

Lastly, tell us a story! It can be short, it can be long; but most importantly, we want to see your work in action. Go!: [I will write a small bit, because I plan to add more story via IC]
Nathaniel was currently crouched atop a ridge overlooking a small ravine shrouded in darkness, only a single source of light piercing the thick veil of darkness, and lifting the binocular's up to his eyes seemed to be examining the area the light came from. He was carefully scouring the area the light source was located at, multiple figures in hooded robes kneeling in front of a stone altar, and chuckling he stated to himself "Cultists..always hoods, altars, and human sacrifice..granted they seem to be lacking the human sacrifice pa--" pausing in his solo-conversation as a woman was dragged onto the altar by a man wearing ebony chain mail that seemed to glow with a malevolent power. The Demon Hunter was having a hard time holding in his laughter, reaching down with his right hand to grasp his yew longbow, before he set the binoculars down in order to prepare his shot. He carefully notched a silver arrow, glowing with numerous blessings of the light, and with aim befitting someone of his skill sent the shot firing straight for the mans head. Nathaniel rose to his feet in a leisurely manner, latching the longbow to his back, and turning away made to leave the area after having killed the cultist's leader, or so he thought. He barely made it two steps till a blast of dark energy sent him flying, his vision becoming blurry as a warm feeling was flowing from the back of his head, and staring up at the sky mumbled "Wh-what? Who the hell?" a shadow crossing over him after a moment. The Cult Leader seemed almost amused as he stared at the demon slayer, the 'sacrifice' clutching his arm affectionately, before the illusion around her fell to reveal a succubus. The succubus chuckled as she looked at Nathaniel, his blood covering the ground beneath him, and laughing she whispered "I hired you to come kill him sweety, if you won I'd replace him with you, but it seems he was a tad stronger. However I don't want this to end so quickly, and so I will give you a second chance..." her right hand moving to rest against the temple of his skull. The demon began to focus her wicked magic, Nathaniel's mind growing muggy as he finally faded into darkness, and by the time he woke up he was in Stormwind City being treated by the Church of Light's priesthood. He was questioned as to what had happened, as he had been found severely injured in an alley, but strangely he could answer none of this questions, simply knowing that his name was Nathaniel. Nathaniel recalled that he had been meant to do something important, his hatred for demons seeming to affect him through his sub-concious, and after recovering he got himself a job as a mercenary. He has lost a great deal of the power he once wielded, the demon having stripped his former skills from him, but he is still stronger than the average bandit.

Is there anything else you would like to add, ask, or otherwise clarify?:
Where would I post my characters profile, I saw the Wikipedia profiles, and I planned for my character to be a demon slayer/hunter...is that okay?
Throm'ka, potential recruit!

You have taken a tremendous step with this submission! You will receive an 'official' response in due time, but meanwhile you may wish to ensure you've reviewed the following:
  • Rules (Remember, ignorance is no excuse in the case of rule-breaking! Don't make the Peon Overseers lash you with the whip any more than necessary!)
  • Policies (There are some policies that may be rather uncommon, so if you have not yet checked them then spare a moment to do so!)

Some extra reading that may be of use:
Soon, you should receive a reply to your submission from one of the Peon Overseers informing you of whether you are a suitable candidate for Peonship. Be patient! Just review the above information and a response will come before you know it! As an aside, I think Peon Shadowsniper133 has an... er... 'interesting' ring to it, eh?
Welcome to CotH, @"Shadowsniper133"

I don't think I've ever seen anyone go after the guards here on CotH. But yeah, when people focus on RPing and not how they can skirt around the rules, you hardly notice them! (the rules, that is, hehe)

Since @"Overseer Krotok" listed off the basics, I'd like to point you to a newbie guide that can also help ease you in. Even before your client is finished downloading, you can (and should!) register your in-game account in this Account Management page. Make sure you use the same information that you registered your forum name under. If you're feeling up to it, you can begin writing out a character profile using this template. There are many helpful articles and guides both on the wiki and forums.

(08-07-2014, 09:43 PM)Shadowsniper133 Wrote: Where would I post my characters profile, I saw the Wikipedia profiles, and I planned for my character to be a demon slayer/hunter...is that okay?

We have a great Workshop where you can post anything you're working on for public opinion and/or feedback. There is also the official Character Profile submission thread to submit for staff review. Be sure to read http://www.conquestofthehorde.com/Thread...-A-PROFILE, as all caps means it's super important! :D

If you have any other problems or questions, feel free to contact any of the fancy colored staff members! And that mentor will get around to sending you a message within the next few days!
The true test of his choice lies forward.
— The story of the Silithian.

See life through shades of silver.
Ural dunked up his last link. Here is the actual link, all functional and such. As a note on the Demon Hunter bit; the thing with Demon Hunters, Dragonsworn and Felsworn is that they, amongst a host of other things, are special profiles. This means that they have to be approved by the GMs, and are only allowed to be posted if you are a Grunt+.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Introductory introduction of introducing Draczar 2 784 09-21-2013, 12:14 PM
Last Post: Draczar
  An Introductory Note Soverus 1 814 09-18-2013, 11:31 PM
Last Post: Zhaei
  Evening, Mortals! This is my Introductory thread! Majachie 1 628 11-16-2012, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  The Real Introduction Thread Post Thread Flawless 1 810 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  Jibreel--an introductory surah Jibreel 2 711 04-08-2012, 09:44 AM
Last Post: Piroska