The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

Question on Warlocks.
I have been searching about for a bit of time trying to find an answer to this.

Who can sense Warlock's energy/power/magic?

I think I read somewhere that Pally's can...But I am not sure.

Reason being, I have a warlock who parades around as a learning magi. She is knowledgeable in history, but when it comes down to it she really doesn't know much of the mechanics. And today someone, a mage, said he could sense that she was not.

I am not complaining, just curious. Who can sense it?
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
Demon Hunters can, I know. Probably blood and high elves. I think stronger mages are better at sensing that sort of thing. Your signature is freaking scary.
˜★Sketch Blog
I´m guessing other warlocks possibly could, they have that sense demon thing anyway.

Personally I´ve always disliked the whole "zomg I feel that you´re a [insert stuff]" as it can really steal from RP.

I´m guessing if you "feel" something it would be more like that feeling when you think someone is watching you. A "disturbance" maybe the other guy who is in fact a warlock just doesn´t seem "right" to you? Maybe you just instinctively dislike the person?
All makt åt Tengil, vår befriare!

If we're going by class skills, then the safest bet is other Warlocks. Paladins don't sense demons, they sense undead...so they could pick a Death Knight out in a crowd, but not a Warlock.

However, DKs are undead, Warlocks are not demons (unless Demo-spec and Metamorphed.) My opinion is, unless you are actually enchanted with a Warlock spell (like, oh, Demon Armor) or you happen to keep an imp in your trousers, no one should be walking up to you and saying "O hai thar mr warlock."
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Like intuition.

Also I think people who can sense fel- not all fel levels would be the same in all warlocks. Some of them are probably totally enthralled and reek of it, while others are more in control and might come off as a mage or something. I don't know if magic lingers on people who use it and don't have an aurora going on.

That's another thing, too; if a warlock is walking around with an aurora cast over them or something (and it doesn't even have to be visible), then that's not subtle at all.
˜★Sketch Blog
TwilightDisciple Wrote:Also I think people who can sense fel- not all fel levels would be the same in all warlocks. Some of them are probably totally enthralled and reek of it, while others are more in control and might come off as a mage or something. I don't know if magic lingers on people who use it and don't have an aurora going on.

Magic may or may not linger. It's not something that's ever explicitly stated, IIRC. But the real question is, can someone just walk up and "sense" that lingering magic without any effort expelled? It seems somewhat silly. Magic is not something that just happens in a Mage's presence. It has to be willfully controlled and concentrated on. I may be less irritated by this if someone was actually RPing casting a spell to detect it, or there was some concentration and the character knew exactly what to look for. However, "sensing" in just a passive manner shouldn't really happen. Paladins and Warlocks can "sense" undead and demons, respectively, but I'd like to think that there needs to be some form of concentration present to keep that active even then.

It's also a question of practicality and respect for the RP of others. It's somewhat pointless for someone to RP a Warlock or DK "hiding" in normal society if every Tom, Dick, and Harry can see through the facade.

Er, not really disagreeing with you, obviously. Just building on the argument.
Have you hugged an orc today?
- I am not tech support. Please do not contact me regarding technical issues. -
Thanks for answering.

And I agree Nostra, that is why I asked. I was just like wow, being pestered about my bookworm who, in my opinion, doesn't act like the typical Warlock in front of a bunch of people.

Again, thank you all for answering.
[Image: anigif_mobile_9893b2566588ab845c7985f71769a9f2-7.gif]
TwilightDisciple Wrote:Like intuition.

Yeah, but I coudln´t remember how to spell that. Hehe.

Anyway, I kind of agree with Grakor, not just anyone should be able to sense if you´re a warlock/Dk/whatever without any effort/RP building up to it.

If you say get that feeling of someone looking at you, you don´t know where it comes from or what it is, just that you got that -feeling-. That´s how I imagine warlocks/paladins/whoever "feeling" evil around them, they know that something isn´t quiet right bu can´t pin point it, they may not even notice the feeling or shrugging it off. But if say the Warlock would have a imp in their pants for what reason I do not want to know) they might feel it stronger, and therefor concentrate on it maybe getting closer to what that -feeling- is.

Though if the warlock is, as someone said "more in control" they might not feel it, or if they´re not having a lot of spells on themselves.

Let's remember the thing with Demon Hunters. Now, we don't have people playing Demon Hunters, I know, but hear me out.

In their blindness, they can sense magic-users, demons, fel, all that sort of thing. They see darkness until they see the magician- then it's a huge burst of light and color emanating from the figure.

Obviously, magic gives off SOMETHING. It's not detectable to a common person though.
˜★Sketch Blog
Hm, how does a demon hunter find his way when there´s no mages or demons nearby? I mean, except if the tree is infested with demons, how would he see it?

Though yeah, you´re probably right. I think I read somewhere, sometime that when the Well of Eternity exploded the magic seeped into the world, maybe that´s how demon hunter can see everything? Becasue everything has some magic in/over them? A mage or demon could act as some kind of magnet and attract more of the energy than others and therefore be easier to detect.

Demon Hunters actually see magic yes, but the thing is by druidic terms, magic is everything, you can find some sort of spark of magic in a rock even, be it dull, it is still there. THis is mainly a religous argument however, but it is how the Demon Hunter vision is described.
Demon hunters can see everything as we can. They just have second layer of magic sense over top of their normal vision.
Shivali Wrote:Demon hunters can see everything as we can. They just have second layer of magic sense over top of their normal vision.

How? They gouged out their eyes?

Ya I was gonna ask that too.
Actually, demon hunters are blind and see complete darkness until a magic user or demon comes into their (non-existent) field of vision.

They don't see the actual being in details like a sighted person would, they just see colorful light.
˜★Sketch Blog

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Warlocks using arcane Kenert 6 1,334 06-01-2013, 10:53 AM
Last Post: Kenert
  On Uncorrupted Warlocks. shotzy 8 2,262 07-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Last Post: Beltharean
  Warlocks, Tolerable. Not KoS. DiesUltime 29 3,925 03-10-2011, 06:33 AM
Last Post: BountyHunter
  Warlocks and their loyal companions: Souls. Kenert 10 1,751 12-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Kage
  Blood Elf Warlocks Xigo 11 1,792 12-16-2010, 08:15 PM
Last Post: FlyingSquirrel