The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

A few background related questions.
I wasn't sure how or where to write this, so sorry if it's in the wrong place.

I've made a character concept, but I want it to fit in with the server, and I need to be sure of how things work before I can figure that out.
So I thought I'd ask the opinions of you guys. *smiles*
-Oh, and sorry if I just missed some post somewhere, or some little note on this subject.

I want to make a girl coming from a good stable home, so she could be a quite stable character.
After reading about the plague though, I'm not sure if her family would have survived.
If they would have, would they even be allowed to exist since they are not real characters?
Also, how long ago was the last plague? I might just make it so she's been traveling a bit (as she would anyway) and not have heard of either the plague or any bad news from her family.
That should be interesting to play, and give me a little time where she's not quite grown up yet, before she finds out.
I would prefer her to stay quite innocent and naive though, and she'd be forced to grow up a bit and deal with it all if her whole family died.

Oh this reminds me... my girl is a 19 year old human, with two older siblings and one younger. Her father is meant to be a baker or miller. Where could they have lived in the world? I thought of having them come from Agamand Mills, and then moved south as they recieved word on the scourge plague. But then it's been a long time since I played an undead, and I don't remember if people from there had a chance to get away or not. Or if it was too long ago. Can't quite figure out the timeline *blushes*

Basically, there's a lot of things I can't imediately find out from the basic timeline and without reading a bunch of books I can't afford at the moment. So if you could give me a few pointers, that would be lovely.
She's not quite finished yet, so I can still change things. I just want her to be ready before I start playing at all.

*fidgets* I feel so clueless....
I'm fairly sure the plauge moved extremely quickly once it was spreaded from Andhorhal (The grains of wrath, if you will). Most people who weren't infected would probably have been omnom'd.

But that doesn't mean you can't be one of the exceptions, i'm sure quite a few survived to escape.

Move him into the sun—
Gently its touch awoke him once,
At home, whispering of fields half-sown.
Always it woke him, even in France,
Until this morning and this snow.
If anything might rouse him now
The kind old sun will know.

Think how it wakes the seeds,—
Woke, once, the clays of a cold star.
Are limbs, so dear-achieved, are sides,
Full-nerved—still warm—too hard to stir?
Was it for this the clay grew tall?
—O what made fatuous sunbeams toil
To break earth’s sleep at all?
[Image: 62675bf4fd.jpg] [Image: 0e7357dcfe.jpg]
I doubt the plague could have moved all that fast. Arthas went to Andorhal, then to Stratholme, at which point he snapped and went to Northrend.

When he comes back, there's a cutscene with him being received in Lordaeron as a hero, so obviously Lordaeron is still standing at that point, which must have been a few months later. It wasn't until Arthas became a servant of the Lich King and struck down his own father that the plague really started spreading overtime.

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  A confession and some questions Nymus 4 3,559 01-19-2015, 03:09 PM
Last Post: Nymus
  Druid of the Antler? and more questions. Andy7565 7 3,490 11-28-2014, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Loxmardin
  [Questions] Priests yo. Psychyn 5 1,658 08-28-2013, 07:00 AM
Last Post: Psychyn
  Feedback/Questions re: Custom-model characters/NPCs Kretol 50 9,896 07-07-2013, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Dae
  Made a Kaldorei, have some questions. hyenaskate 5 1,441 01-15-2013, 09:28 AM
Last Post: hyenaskate