The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $search_thread - Line: 60 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 60 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval
Warning [2] Undefined variable $forumjump - Line: 89 - File: showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code PHP 8.1.27 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_error.php 153 errorHandler->error
/showthread.php(1617) : eval()'d code 89 errorHandler->error_callback
/showthread.php 1617 eval

roleplay vs fairplay
Heh...

I hope I am not too pissed. Though I am emotionally unstable right now.
Got myself captured, and am now forced to see it die.

Where's the fairplay in this, I ask?
Certainly can realism be overlooked from time to time to allow the player with whom you roleplay have fun too?
Must you truly destroy his or her RP just for your personal satisfaction?

I have noticed it is extremely selfish an attitude here that is even encouraged: the point that your character must kill the other one, with or without his or her consent.
There are people who work hard on a character RP, and story. You might think, "bah he came here, it's only realist if I kill him or her."

I'll ask you this...
As a player, what exact "fun" do you have from exacting death on a fellow player' character? A joy that probably doesn't even last 10 minutes of your life?...

No, my character' profile isn't even approved. It has no gruntship, and you may as such thing "bah, expendable character, make a new one, blablabla), but I am very fond of it, and worked hard for her. To me a player character cannot die without the consent of the player. It's not a NPC. Someone with feelings and dedication put its time behind it, embellished it.

True, the real goal behind me probbing in enemy territory was, and remains to have roleplay with the Alliance. With Ratchet gone, do you understand what RP has gone to?
We are down to passive roleplay, with people doing nothing and waiting. Waiting. And roleplaying people getting injured on stupid accident, roleplaying eating food and writing diary. I'm fine with that, really, but I can't live with that forever...

I am asking for people here to be a bit more compassionate toward your peers.
I am disappointed to say, the best players with whom I roleplayed, seems to be the new ones...

As a new player on any game, I prefer not post such opinions, and prefer to make myself a reputation of myself before going in such discussion... I'm sorry it has come to this.
I truly am. I really wanted to settle down here...

So, finally, if your answer to my plea is that this place is not made for me, then it will be with heavy heart and sorrow that I will leave you all...
[Image: WoWssignature.png]
Krishana Wrote:Heh...

Certainly can realism be overlooked from time to time to allow the player with whom you roleplay have fun too?

I have noticed it is extremely selfish an attitude here that is even encouraged: the point that your character must kill the other one, with or without his or her consent.
There are people who work hard on a character RP, and story. You might think, "bah he came here, it's only realist if I kill him or her."

I'll ask you this...
As a player, what exact "fun" do you have from exacting death on a fellow player' character? A joy that probably doesn't even last 10 minutes of your life?...

No, my character' profile isn't even approved. It has no gruntship, and you may as such thing "bah, expendable character, make a new one, blablabla), but I am very fond of it, and worked hard for her. To me a player character cannot die without the consent of the player. It's not a NPC. Someone with feelings and dedication put its time behind it, embellished it.

True, the real goal behind me probbing in enemy territory was, and remains to have roleplay with the Alliance. With Ratchet gone, do you understand what RP has gone to?
We are down to passive roleplay, with people doing nothing and waiting. Waiting. And roleplaying people getting injured on stupid accident, roleplaying eating food and writing diary. I'm fine with that, really, but I can't live with that forever...

I am disappointed to say, the best players with whom I roleplayed, seems to be the new ones...

As a new player on any game, I prefer not post such opinions, and prefer to make myself a reputation of myself before going in such discussion... I'm sorry it has come to this.

So, finally, if your answer to my plea is that this place is not made for me, then it will be with heavy heart and sorrow that I will leave you all...

Quoted for truth.
[Image: af7tll.gif] [Image: 4j4aw7.gif] [Image: 33bfrtk.gif][Image: 2jxrg7.gif]
[Click on a character to learn more about them!]
Krishana Wrote:Heh...

I'll ask you this...

Quoted for truth.
[Image: 2mhzmdy.gif]
I haven't read this whole post, but I must say it is not smart to complain about character death when you go to a place where you -know- your character has an -incredibly- high chance of being killed.

Just remember, you threw the character away.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
i can understand where you are coming from but i think you need some time to cool down a little. From my point of view you were given no chance of escape. Maybe you were but you didnt take it? i dont know. If you asked to not be killed, but left were you were something could have been done like, "We'll let the animals have at her *chuckle*" If all requests for a non lethal outcome were rejected then there is a problem and it needs to be addressed.
[Image: 352oqgy.png]
I've witnessed this as well today, my character got involved around Elwynn forest and actually ambushed by Krishana. While we were fighting, two of the city guards joined in who were patrolling (Logical choice off course) and slowly we were rather surrounded by around 10 people at max. Half of these players who wouldn't even have found us if it wasn't for the chat channel where people asked "Where's the RP in elwynn?!"

Sure it's realistic for a blood elf to be attacked in Elwynn, we all know that. But at the start of the fight we agreed that we both wouldn't die and just would have some fun fighting icly. This doesn't mean I wouldn't try to do as much damage as I could to my enemy, but it means I wouldn't kill her. That simple. I've had this myself on the retail version, my rogue got killed off despite me not wanting it. And now I've seen it here as well, which is the first serious dislike I've found on this server.

Players should not be able to kill a player without his or her consent, that simple. We've all put hard work into characters, we've all thought hard of personalities, histories, and that's all thrown away in just one night. Which I really find a shame. It's obvious that going to Elwynn was a dangerous move, and it's obvious she wouldn't get away that easily, but when realism kills the fun between two roleplaying parties, it's in my opinion worthless.

Sure, you can say there are rules for it, which is true. And I've read them as well, but in my opinion, fun should be a top priority. It still is a game, but a game you can really get yourself into and really get a bond with your character on. And losing your favorite character just because you've trespassed a border.. Come on guys, can't we just be a little more relaxed and easy going with this? I really wonder why realism was more important then the fun of actually playing the game earlier, and really hope this was a one-time only thing.

Edit: Fixed typo.
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
All my attempts were rejected. Mikain, read my whole post please. I'd really wish people take this seriously and not just crossread and post exactly what I mentioned.

I tried everything I could think of. Simply put, it was supposed to be a simple one player with another thing, and it turned well until a bandwagon joined in - but that's beyond the point, truly.
Krishana Wrote:All my attempts were rejected. Mikain, read my whole post please. I'd really wish people take this seriously and not just crossread and post exactly what I mentioned.

I tried everything I could think of. Simply put, it was supposed to be a simple one player with another thing, and it turned well until a bandwagon joined in - but that's beyond the point, truly.

Aye, hell.. in the end even I was throwing ideas over the party chat to help her get away. Everything just got rejected =\
Quote:Perhaps one day, at a new sight,
We will search again for that light.
Hold it close, between our arms,
Listen again, to the priestess her charms.
- Me, in a poetry named "The Priestess."
Sometimes people do get away with their character alive and dandy. Sometimes they don't.

If your RP spot is gone due to one reason or another, find or make another one. Don't risk your character by going into a highly hostile land in search for Rp. There are placed all of the game with GREAT Rp possibilities.

If you can't get anyone to go to your little area, join the flow and make a new character where the RP is.

Sorry if I sounded a bit rude. It has to be sad.
Do you have what it takes to join the Fighting Blues?
Do you have what it takes to defend your homeland?
Will you stand up in defense of the innocent? The weak?
Will you stand up in defense of Justice and the Law?

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRVE3uy8TjirssygDEKMi2...Ia13_WYQpw]

Aruen Wrote:Sure, you can say there are rules for it, which is true. And I've read them as well, but in my opinion, fun should be a top priority. It still is a game, but a game you can really get yourself into and really get a bond with your character on. And losing your favorite character just because you've trespassed a border.. Come on guys, can't we just be a little more relaxed and easy going with this? I really wonder why realism was more important then the fun of actually playing the game earlier, and really hope this was a one-time only thing.

As much as I don't want to be involved with this conversation, I just can't help but agree here. When I rp my characters, I always go out of my way to avoid overly dangerous situations. Why? I'm attached to my character. I enjoy my character. Sometimes people get a little too cocky, and they end up in sticky situations. I don't get any rl entertainment out of killing someone rply for the pure reason that "They're on the other team". I don't see why we can find alternatives to punish players who get in these situations, but don't want their characters to die - either it be short or long term disability, or some other ruin that will hold them back in some way.

Granted, this is just my inner carebare crying out.
[Image: yEKW9gB.png]
What bothers me about Krishana's case is why a whole group of people suddenly appeared where she was in Elwynn. Did they have any reason to venture from the city into the forest? Probably not. Most likely, they just /who'd saw who was where and decided that Elwynn might be a good idea. Which that much (unintended, but true) godmoding, it gives the underdog absolutely no chance for escape. Oh, ten people just happened to be strolling through the forest when they all ran into the same Blood Elf. Real realistic. Enemy territory, yes. But were they all really expecting the appearance of a foe in their homeland?

I've had a character die in a similar situation to Krishana's, and it's not very fun. I can see where you're coming from - But the thing is, unless the people in control are in a non-bloodthirsty mood, then your character is going to die. And you can't really do anything about it.
I guess so. That's why my post is only to ask people to calm down a bit on character death, and take some consideration for the player behind.
I'm going to have to agree with Mikain here. Going to an Alliance zone with a Horde character is a sure way to get killed. Some places may be more tolerant, but you went to Elwynn....Elwynn is the capital of the Alliance. You have to remember that almost all of the races hate each other, especially Humans and Blood Elves.
[Image: glarfieldiator_gif_2_by_el_cid_84-d5ebmb1.gif]
Quote:Certainly can realism be overlooked from time to time to allow the player with whom you roleplay have fun too?

If we abandon realism and allow Blood Elves to enter Alliance territory with NO ONE reacting... That's bad roleplay. You must understand that characters act in a way that is realistic. It may not be fun for you, but would you ask everyone around you to break character simply to allow you some roleplay that would also break your character? That... "Is an extremely selfish attitude."

Quote:As a player, what exact "fun" do you have from exacting death on a fellow player' character?

I don't often have fun killing player-characters. I don't often have fun losing player characters. HOWEVER. I accept that the world we play in works a certain way, and occasionally (Or sometimes often) my character's motivations and views conflict with my own. That's roleplaying. I long ago learned to deal with it and have fun being someone unlike myself.

Quote:To me a player character cannot die without the consent of the player. It's not a NPC.

I respect your wish to let your character live, but going places that you will IC'ly die is not a good idea. I offered to capture your character because you kept on complaining, and I passed you off to a character who might not have killed you because that was what my character would do.

Quote:True, the real goal behind me probbing in enemy territory was, and remains to have roleplay with the Alliance. With Ratchet gone, do you understand what RP has gone to?

I know exactly where RP has gone to. Without a city for a bunch of Elves and Humans to have tea-parties and eRP, the Horde has become violent and does what it should. Instead of sitting in a tavern why not start RP with your Horde compatriots? Instead of complaining why not improve the situation yourself?

Quote:So, finally, if your answer to my plea is that this place is not made for me, then it will be with heavy heart and sorrow that I will leave you all...

I hate to see new people leave, but if you aren't willing to play your character by the rules of the world she lives in, then I can't say what you should do.

I apologize for being as aggressive as I was, but I get kind of angry when people disregard lore and the conditions of the world to do whatever they feel like doing. It makes me have little compassion for them at all.
It's easy to avoid conflict and I would sympathize but you were right outside Stormwind. I've got one of the most wanted dead characters I mean he's got two groups wanting to kill him and he was even on a hit list with Alistus and Rak but he's still alive.
[Image: classic-76561197997915481.png]

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How do you deal with Roleplay ruts? KomodoTheCashew 10 3,948 09-23-2014, 02:44 AM
Last Post: cartoonkarl
  Roleplay and adult themes DanFernandez 34 7,747 06-22-2014, 07:15 AM
Last Post: Roxas65
  Your Favorite Character [To Roleplay] Xigo 47 8,521 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM
Last Post: Bovel
  Children of the Earthmother - A guide to tauren roleplay (incomplete) ghaskan 7 4,965 02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Last Post: ghaskan
  Your Level Affecting Your Roleplay Spiralin 20 3,562 02-03-2013, 01:43 PM
Last Post: Spiralin